Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Hi guys,

Absolutely, just checkout using Bank Transfer as payment method, and we'll email you full details. We'll send you a receipt and update with each payment, and keep you up to date with whats happening )

Just to check, I had confirmation of my deposit (£30) and my first payment (£20) but didn,'t get anything for my January payment.

• RMweb Gold

Hi ac

Drop us a direct line. The reconciliation of bank deposit payments is a manual job at the moment and once reconciled you should receive an email receipt.

Edited by McC

• RMweb Gold

Really wish that 55022 was being done in the post-privitasion green livery. I would have thought it would be popular with later era modellers what with it's hire to Virgin and Anglia in the late 90's. 

Hey there,

It will almost certainly be part of a future run!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A very interesting post. Two sounds echo distinctly in the memory of my spotting days.One of a Bulleid Pacific and the other first heard at the end of Platform 10 at KX in early September of 1959 .A roar emanating from Gasworks Tunnel....something alien,unheard before yet strangely harmonious announcing the arrival of the twin Napiers of DP 1 which burst vividly out into an early sunny autumn evening.She had just begun trials between Doncaster and KX .

I don’t do DCC and never will .However,I do run an ESU equipped Hornby Bulleid on DC analogue ( Gaugemaster ) No it doesn’t give me the full attainment obviously but what I do get in terms of authenticity of sound is more than enough to make me content and has got me musing about a possible upgrade of my order to a sound version The sound of a Deltic is simply awesome after all and is at least half the fun.

Hmm yes I'm interested in this too. like Ian I'm not DCC and probably never will be, I'm also not than keen on sound , these chirping 20s or ying yinging 66s just do my head in .  However a Deltic  (or a Sulzer 27, but that's off topic) is completely different . I remember hearing them while lying in a caravan in Berwick Upon Tweed at night  presumably on the sleepers and reving up after the speed restriction through the station and Royal Border Bridge , so I would be interested on what they sound like on Analogue . I've seen Silver Sidelines very effective sound on a Bachmann Deltic on Analogue , so how would it work , does the engine rev up as speed is applied or is it just a constant drone ?

If you could keep analogue users in mind when demonstrating the sound I'm sure you'll get a bit more interest.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've seen Silver Sidelines very effective sound on a Bachmann Deltic on Analogue , so how would it work , does the engine rev up as speed is applied or is it just a constant drone ?

If you could keep analogue users in mind when demonstrating the sound I'm sure you'll get a bit more interest.

Hi Legend,

I'm pretty sure it will function like any other ESU chip on analogue; where it will play the start up sequence when track power is applied, and as power is increased it will rev through the notches. We will be sitting down with ESU at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in early February so we can get more concrete info then, but that is my understanding. When we get powered samples later in the production process we will demonstrate them on DC as well as DCC too.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Legend,

I'm pretty sure it will function like any other ESU chip on analogue; where it will play the start up sequence when track power is applied, and as power is increased it will rev through the notches. We will be sitting down with ESU at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in early February so we can get more concrete info then, but that is my understanding. When we get powered samples later in the production process we will demonstrate them on DC as well as DCC too.

Cheers!

Fran

That's great Fran , thanks for the feedback . I know we won't get all the bells and whistles (literally) on Analogue , and your first though must be to please DCC users, but its definitely of interest. Could be my first sound locomotive!

Edited by Legend

Hey there,

It will almost certainly be part of a future run!

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran,

I have looked but I haven't found a definitive answer anywhere, will you be doing the different nose step on 55022? I understand if it is a variant too far, I want to do 55022 in 1977 so will either back date the model you are releasing of 55022 if the nose step is correct or buy a variant in the right colour scheme and then modify the step/repaint the yellow end but could do with a steer so I know which route to choose?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran,

I have looked but I haven't found a definitive answer anywhere, will you be doing the different nose step on 55022? I understand if it is a variant too far, I want to do 55022 in 1977 so will either back date the model you are releasing of 55022 if the nose step is correct or buy a variant in the right colour scheme and then modify the step/repaint the yellow end but could do with a steer so I know which route to choose?

Hi Rob,

I think you may have asked this question before and it got lost in the ether, apologies for that. 

The good news is yes, we will be producing it with the different nose step. We are that mad.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Rob,

I think you may have asked this question before and it got lost in the ether, apologies for that.

The good news is yes, we will be producing it with the different nose step. We are that mad.

Cheers!

Fran

Excellent, Thanks Fran will get my order in for 55022.

• Like 2

That's great Fran , thanks for the feedback . I know we won't get all the bells and whistles (literally) on Analogue , and your first though must be to please DCC users, but its definitely of interest. Could be my first sound locomotive!

If it is like any other ESU or even Zimo chip, the engine noise will start up when power is enough and tick over for a while. With enough power, the engine noise will increase and she will move off up to the max setting the power supplied will allow. The sound backs off as she goes into cruise mode. FWIW A plain soundless DCC chip will run like a plain DC loco under DC.

That said these sophisticated sound chips can be programmed so it does not make any sound at all under DC (all Hornby TTS chips are like this). But there is normally a CV setting away (for which you need DCC system that can access them) to change that (again not TTS). I often find that having the chip CV set so that the notion of front and back is reversed (used for example, when you want two class 20s running as a pair) also leads to a silent loco under DC as well.

There are some cheap DCC systems out there (like Hornby's elink and railmaster) which can allow you to explore other DCC delights in theory. Although whether or not they will be compatible with an ESU V5 (the Hornby system is limited in functions and CV numbers for a start) remains to be seen (I have no doubt ESU is fully NRM compatible, but Hornby tend to do their own thing in certain areas from time to time).

Edited by JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

I think those of us on D.C. buying a sound one, will want sound on DC.

I know I do.

Whilst sound on DC isn’t what DCC offers, it’s interesting none the less, though we can adapt solutions to... I use a hidden Bluetooth speaker, with sound from my iphone.

I’m considering a sound Deltic to add to my list.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant! Put me down for one! Would you consider doing weathered runs of Deltics too?

Hi Ajax,

At the moment no as we just do not think that factory weathering cuts it and detracts from our models. We prefer artists here have a go and do them justice instead.

Cheers!

Fran

Hello Fran,

Apologies if this question has already been asked .. but for the non-sound versions, are you still including the speakers to make sound fitment easy in the future for people, or are they being removed (ie not installed to start with)?  I ask, as I would go down the sound route, but for a variety of reasons, I am not a fan of the ESU chips, preferring Zimo - given the 21-pin interface, it would make an easy upgrade at anytime if the speakers are in and wired as part of the pin connections....

EDIT: Oh I said I'd ask for a mate who isn't on rmWeb - any news on whether P4 wheel sets will be included/paid extra like the SLW 24s?  I think you've said that the ability for owners to gauge change is already a given?

Richie

Edited by Richie Kynaston

• RMweb Gold

Hello Fran,

Apologies if this question has already been asked .. but for the non-sound versions, are you still including the speakers to make sound fitment easy in the future for people, or are they being removed (ie not installed to start with)?  I ask, as I would go down the sound route, but for a variety of reasons, I am not a fan of the ESU chips, preferring Zimo - given the 21-pin interface, it would make an easy upgrade at anytime if the speakers are in and wired as part of the pin connections....

EDIT: Oh I said I'd ask for a mate who isn't on rmWeb - any news on whether P4 wheel sets will be included/paid extra like the SLW 24s?  I think you've said that the ability for owners to gauge change is already a given?

Richie

Hi Richie,

No, DCC ready versions will not have the speakers in them as they are higher spec and we feel it’s unfair for those who do not want sound to have to pay for them.

We are still working on the EM / P4 wheelsets at the moment but they will be a separate item. When we have news we will let you all know.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I take it that the Loksound decoders in these models will also feature the "drive lock"/drive hold function as on the V4 versions?

That really is something else to behold.

Hi Gary,

I completely missed your post, apologies for that.

I’ll need to confirm with ESU but if the V4 has it I’m assuming V5 will have it too? Will find out.

Cheers!

Fran

Hello Fran/Accurascale team,

Apologies if this has been asked, I’ve scanned the thread but couldn’t see it...

The Deltic I would like, KOYLI in 81/82 condition, is one of the Rails issue, but I really want your ESU V5 sound project. I know you will be putting lots of effort into making it great and the spec sounds impressive, plus competitive price differential for sound versions.

How can I order a Rails issue deltic with your sound package?

Thanks,

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Hello Fran/Accurascale team,

Apologies if this has been asked, I’ve scanned the thread but couldn’t see it...

The Deltic I would like, KOYLI in 81/82 condition, is one of the Rails issue, but I really want your ESU V5 sound project. I know you will be putting lots of effort into making it great and the spec sounds impressive, plus competitive price differential for sound versions.

How can I order a Rails issue deltic with your sound package?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

We're working on a solution for that and I imagine we will have news on it by early Feb by the latest. Watch this space as they say.

Cheers,

Fran

Following up on your recent e-mail circular about liveries being confirmed, I wonder if it might be helpful to some potential purchasers for you include in the details for each model on your website the approximate timescales that livery/those specific details applies to, and possibly also where the loco was allocated. 

Probably of greater relevance to the BR period models.  e.g. if I wanted to have an overall green version and one with a small yellow nose panel which ones were running at the same time? 

I presume some of the livery choices were based on a specific loco being the first, or last, to carry a specific variant, or that they carried it the longest.  Anyway, just a thought!