Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

I actually prefer this as it gives my finances a reprieve this year plus it's good to see your attention to detail and attitude towards delivering quality, many thanks for the update.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

... We’re quite fussy like that! ...

Fussy is goooood.

I will be looking very fussily at the EP for the rendition of the lengthy banks of louvres along the upper bodyside to roof transition. Among other difficult features that this loco presents as challenges to render well in model form.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

It would be great to see the decorated samples at Warley, as has been said above, delivery in 2020 would be fine, although it would be nice to run mine on Summat Colliery at the Mansfield Show March 7th & 8th pretty please!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Delay's fine by me - should receive for my birthday - good timing then!!

Gives you time to get the 4 fans working and the fan-assisted smoke generators for the exhausts!!

Opening doors as well - and don't forget a driver who waves each time he passes a power supply!!

Joking aside, I remember seeing one in Lime Street in the late 70's - when the HST was moving into the ECML I presume. Quite a dramatic departure on the trans-Pennine, and probably one of the fastest!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

it would be nice to run mine on Summat Colliery at the Mansfield Show March 7th & 8th pretty please!

Assuming six weeks on the high seas, I fear they will have had to be shipped before Chinese New Year (25 Jan in 2020) to manage that. 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Assuming six weeks on the high seas, I fear they will have had to be shipped before Chinese New Year (25 Jan in 2020) to manage that. 

We are planning to flyi some in, but that's a tight deadline nonetheless! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Don't mind delay but curious does this put the 92 back or will it actually leapfrog the Deltic?

Hi Mark,

Shouldnt delay the 92, they will both probably arrive around the same time. As there is much less variation on the 92 it wont take as long to tool. That's the theory anyway!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Sadly we won’t be at the York show but we will have decorated samples at Warley and Glasgow!

Cheers!

Fran

Then might I recommend that you book a space there immediately? Imagine being able to launch at one of the best shows in the country. Also I'd be able to collect my Ballymoss.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Then might I recommend that you book a space there immediately? Imagine being able to launch at one of the best shows in the country. Also I'd be able to collect my Ballymoss.

We have tried several times in the past but sadly there is no room for us. Just the way it goes! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We have tried several times in the past but sadly there is no room for us. Just the way it goes! 

Cheers!

Fran

Apologies in advance, but please can you remind me how to make further interim payments? I know I have read it before somewhere, and typically can't find it now

Many Thanks,

Lee

• RMweb Gold

So now the latest CAD is out, how have the competing demands of 2nd radii curves and prototype fidelity been resolved? Increased ride height like Bachmann, perhaps with smaller wheels or maybe even an altered nose profile like Heljan?  I can't really tell from this one view, will you be posting a head on view at any stage?

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, lee74clarke said:

Apologies in advance, but please can you remind me how to make further interim payments? I know I have read it before somewhere, and typically can't find it now

Many Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee,

drop us an email and we can sort you out.

Cheers!

Fran

1 hour ago, stovepipe said:

So now the latest CAD is out, how have the competing demands of 2nd radii curves and prototype fidelity been resolved? Increased ride height like Bachmann, perhaps with smaller wheels or maybe even an altered nose profile like Heljan?  I can't really tell from this one view, will you be posting a head on view at any stage?

Hi there,

We will go into detail on this when we have the sample and complete some tests and sign off on the design for production.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

We will go into detail on this when we have the sample and complete some tests and sign off on the design for production.

Cheers!

Fran

I’ll happily volunteer my layout for that test... 

ive got the lot, 1-4th radius, every type point Pecos/Hornbys ever made and a few they havent, laid in the worst possible way, good curves, bad curves, crazy gradients... and 4 different 15m circles with a height difference of 2ft from lower to top..

if it survives that your guaranteed no complaints...

I should add, all your wagons passed that test.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 5

19 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’ll happily volunteer my layout for that test... 

ive got the lot, 1-4th radius, every type point Pecos/Hornbys ever made and a few they havent, laid in the worst possible way, good curves, bad curves, crazy gradients... and 4 different 15m circles with a height difference of 2ft from lower to top..

if it survives that your guaranteed no complaints...

I should add, all your wagons passed that test.

And I'll bet its all in 6x4 :jester:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, scots region said:

And I'll bet its all in 6x4 :jester:

Weve gone metric years ago, its 180/210/240x60 boards, trimmed here and there, bit of bodge, bit of wedge, odd bit of self supporting track (floating track), oh and an open siding terminating right above the loft hatch... ( i was thinking of sacrificing a Lima Deltic off the end of it in my first review video when the Accurascale one comes out)

;-)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:07, Accurascale Fran said:

Updated timeline is as follows:

• EP Sample due early October
  • Decorated Samples: Mid November (in time for Warley)
  • Delivery: Late March 2020. (allowing for Chinese New Year break in early 2020)

We apologise for the slight delay, but as we explained we want to do the definitive Deltic model, and it’s very important we deliver a first-class model that we can be proud of. It must be right, and it must cover the entire history of the class, from construction to modern preservation.

This is really bad news as the delay has confirmed I have time to save up for another one before release, and has therefore cost me £250 ordering St.Paddy! You are bad people :jester:

Please don't think delaying by another year will lead to me buying three more - it might, but I don't want the wife to know.

Seriously, taking the time to get it right is exactly the right approach. Really looking forward to next year.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

This is really bad news as the delay has confirmed I have time to save up for another one before release, and has therefore cost me £250 ordering St.Paddy! You are bad people :jester:

Please don't think delaying by another year will lead to me buying three more - it might, but I don't want the wife to know.

Knowing Accurascale, these bad people will almost certainly announce other goodies in that time to tempt your £250 elsewhere.

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I just got an email saying Locomotion are offering a whole bunch of additional deltics...

Very tasty ones...

D9008 The Green howards

55015 Tulyar, FP White Cab blue

D9009 Blue / Orange stripe as per 2019 

D9019 two tone green

the whole lot look quite interesting to me..

Edited by adb968008