Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Opening scene heading south past BOCM Selby before the swing bridge! Not sure but first pass of a Deltic is at Great Heck where Plasmor have their siding which you see on the left. Second power station passed is Eggborough now closed. I know all this cos I live near these places, this is pure gold take me back please.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Presumably no further developments on the Deltic as Accurascale offices still shut due to lockdown?

Given the timetable life is currently running on (things unlikely to change much until September), November isn't that far away....

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Gold

They will arrive when they arrive.  We should all just chill.   :drink_mini:

Life has many priorities and predicting the future is a reasonably futile exercise.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Presumably no further developments on the Deltic as Accurascale offices still shut due to lockdown?

Given the timetable life is currently running on (things unlikely to change much until September), November isn't that far away....

Depends on what role in it all the office is playing at this point in the project. I thought it was in tooling meaning other than sample approvals I'd not expect the office to be needing direct contact with anything (i.e done from home).

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Hi everyone,

Delivery is still slated for November. As we explained in our (well my) interview with Andy last week we are all working from home full time. ESU are very kindly testing the sound functions of the model for us in Germany at the moment and we will have a full video showing it when lockdown eases. We are currently awaiting Decorated samples from China. 

If the date changes from November we assure you all that we will notify you ASAP. There is much work going on with multiple projects in the background as will be seen within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers and stay safe!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Informative/Useful 6

On 29/04/2020 at 05:29, delticfan said:

Opening scene heading south past BOCM Selby before the swing bridge! Not sure but first pass of a Deltic is at Great Heck where Plasmor have their siding which you see on the left. Second power station passed is Eggborough now closed. I know all this cos I live near these places, this is pure gold take me back please.

No, the passage of the southbound Deltic isn't at Great Heck, it's at Tempsford with the goods shed and the down slow on the left. The quick shot of the power station is, as you say Eggborough, shot as the train passes near Hensall village just north of Heck.

Edited by Colossus

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/03/2020 at 15:00, Accurascale Fran said:

We're pretty confident our set up will nail the Deltic drone! Just need to sort out somewhere to test it, but sadly we are in lockdown for the next 2 weeks :( 

It's killing us we cant test it in the meantime! 

Can we petition the PM to include sound testing Deltics on the list of approved lockdown relaxations?........ it is driving me crazy looking here each day in the hope of an update on the Sound project......

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Hound Dog said:

Can we petition the PM to include sound testing Deltics on the list of approved lockdown relaxations?........ it is driving me crazy looking here each day in the hope of an update on the Sound project......

You need to lobby the Irish PM as our test stuff is here in Dublin, but I think it's something we can FINALLY do in the next 7-10 days, finally! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Hound Dog said:

Relax, it will be good. Accurascale only do exceptional. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 17/04/2020 at 10:04, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

What a great video! It's why we're going to the lengths we are to try replicate these beasts in 4mm with our twin speaker set up. Nothing beats the real locos though, my ears are still ringing from my cab ride when we recorded the sound for our model! 

We did look at one engine but we are space constrained unfortunately on the chip. However, two engines always sound better than one! 

We have seen vape technology used and demonstrated for models by a company at Nuremberg toy fair, and it was the most convincing smoke effect I have seen on a model to date. There should be enough room for it in our model, I wonder if someone will fit it?

Cheers!

Fran

This is an attempt at smoke in the Kitmaster Deltic on a Hornby chassis. Two of Charlie's EM2s, Bif's sound file and a Seuthe smoke unit fit comfortably inside the cavernous space that this combo allows.

IMG_20200602_173436234.jpg

• Like 1

It's an admirable effort, if you didn't know the Deltic.

No offence, but I remember in the late 70's when they had been shifted off the East Coast, replaced by the HST, and had a few runs of the Trans Pennine - plumes out of the exhausts hitting Lime Street station's roof almost!!

Love the Deltic and can't wait for Fran and the guys to get their act together .... sorry, for the COVID influenced delay to expire and the Deltic appear!!

Al.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

No offence, but I remember in the late 70's when they had been shifted off the East Coast, replaced by the HST, and had a few runs of the Trans Pennine - plumes out of the exhausts hitting Lime Street station's roof almost!!

Love the Deltic and can't wait for Fran and the guys to get their act together .... sorry, for the COVID influenced delay to expire and the Deltic appear!!

Al.

But Deltics were given a good run for their money by 56301 :)

56s were bad for clag, but 301 seemed to be the worst of the lot.

Roy

Edit: Not my video.

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Here's a little duff clag (courtesy of my silent film camera from the late 80s):

Edit: apologies for it not being of a Deltic...

Edited by Ian J.

20 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Al.

Yes, you are absolutely right insofar as it's not like the real thing! And heaven forfend that is was ... I'd have to redecorate the house every other week. I recall going into KGX behind Pinza in the early 70's and 4 other Deltics were already at the stocks - the noise and the fog was .......... absolutely wonderful! The model smoke just gives a hint 'of what it was like' but it does give one a nice smile too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Now the travel restrictions have been eased here in Dublin we were able to get into the office for a couple of hours and finally test out the sounds on the Deltic! Still adjustments required with some functions, but the sound, well it's not too bad! 

Check out our YouTube channel and subscribe if you can! Video showing the sound and giving a short update on progress goes live tonight at 8pm! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Really excellent Fran and the team. Roll on November. Just wondering if I need to increase the sound insulation in the garage railway room. I might be banned from operating late in the evening or I'll keep all the neighbours awake!

PJ10 

Edited by PJ10
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1