Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

50 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Even just that one picture made me go wow! Might finally order one  when they all finally all get revealed.

I did the same, if that is a genuine livery sample photo it is going to be an incredible model.

• Like 1

Regretting not ordering Gordon now - I saw her once in purple at Doncaster Works during the open day in 2003. I was 7 and despite forgetting most of the non-steam stuff that was there I remember the sight of that thing clear as day!

FYI the only others I clearly remember are Alycidon and the 89 - now that was a treat in GNER! 

Cheers,

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 60800 said:

Regretting not ordering Gordon now - I saw her once in purple at Doncaster Works during the open day in 2003. I was 7 and despite forgetting most of the non-steam stuff that was there I remember the sight of that thing clear as day!

FYI the only others I clearly remember are Alycidon and the 89 - now that was a treat in GNER! 

Cheers,

There's still time.... :) 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Accurascale Fran said:

i regret to inform that despite the yackness of livery and hysteria, ive been compelled to buy a purple Deltic.

shaking my head, i’ll be buying generic coaches next.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, adb968008 said:

i regret to inform that despite the yackness of livery and hysteria, ive been compelled to buy a purple Deltic.

Wait till you see the rest of it! ;)

Soon, very soon. I promise! 

• Like 1

Absolute stunning

The chains linking the bogie to the body are fantastic and come as a real surprise (I don't believe they were there on the previous EPs)

Wow Wow Wow.

Gordon does look good. If I had endless funds I'd order one....

So, do I stick with my sound KOYLI, or downgrade to non-sound and get Gordon?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Where is the face palm emoji ^_^

Roy

24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There sure is haha - the problem is though do I order Gordon or push my orders of D9002 and D9009 up to sound fitted? I'm torn 

Edited by 60800

• RMweb Gold
On 04/02/2021 at 17:37, Accurascale Fran said:

It is, just like the real thing. We modelled it in this condition...

1966408294_D9016Doncaster270703.jpg.dc237724da3acd23bae45a8e6226913d.jpg

Ah I just checked my other Doncaster works pictures too.. i guess its just at one end.

is that you in the picture below ?

:D

Edited by adb968008

Looked again at the teaser picture.

The fire handle is printed, and noticably so (although unfair closeup). I guess its a tiny and shallow detail, but noticably printed against the finesse of everything else....

It sounds churlish to criticise it I know...

Shame it couldn't have been a plug in glazed/painted part. I don't know why I didn't notice its absence on the prevoius EPs.

Is there any way that the white could be made a little grey/bluey-off white to reprasent it sitting behind glass?

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

If I recall right, it is for access to the exhauster. 

Roy

Here was me thinking its where you loaded in the foul mouthed fag smoking alien zontars, which when the engine was started, are exhausted through the roof...*

:D

* if your looking at this screen wondering what i’m on about, find a dark room, with a non-work laptop and google it with the sound down.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

Hmm why is it only with a fully painted sample that certain things become noticable???

The bodyside window glazing seems fractionally too small in the bodyside holes - there are definate black gaps visible between the silver of the window frame and the bodyside...

Arrg.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Looked again at the teaser picture.

The fire handle is printed, and noticably so (although unfair closeup). I guess its a tiny and shallow detail, but noticably printed against the finesse of everything else....

It sounds churlish to criticise it I know...

Shame it couldn't have been a plug in glazed/painted part. I don't know why I didn't notice its absence on the prevoius EPs.

Is there any way that the white could be made a little grey/bluey-off white to reprasent it sitting behind glass?

The surround is moulded so there is definition, but it's so shallow the handle itself couldnt have depth or glazed. We are assessing all the artwork at the moment and will feed back to the factory.

Cheers,

Fran

4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The surround is moulded so there is definition, but it's so shallow the handle itself couldnt have depth or glazed. We are assessing all the artwork at the moment and will feed back to the factory.

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks Fran. This is good to hear (on the surround front - it wasn't noticable on the picture, but glad there is some relief on it).

As I said, hard to gauge from photo. The whole thing is so stunning though!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Hmm why is it only with a fully painted sample that certain things become noticable???

The bodyside window glazing seems fractionally too small in the bodyside holes - there are definate black gaps visible between the silver of the window frame and the bodyside...

Arrg.

This fit and finish will be improved on the production models. Please note that the gap is tiny in reality, something we are improving and that these are hand assembled samples hastily put together.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

This fit and finish will be improved on the production models. Please note that it is tiny in reality, something we are improving and that these are hand assembled samples hastily put together.

Cheers!

Fran

Glad to hear, just thought I'd flag (other manufacturers are not so attentive!). I'm aware that such zoomed photos can be cruel! No doubt the finished product will be well polshed (metaphorically!)

Fran and Team, this is just stellar!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have no need for a Deltic whatsoever, wrong era, wrong location - but that does look good, I think I’m going to have to get one anyway!! 

If you can follow that up with an 08, a 20, a 31, a 47, a 56... oh and a decent HST would be nice too! Don’t mind what order you do them! Lol. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Funny 2