Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

One thing - could you straighten the buffers before you take the next photos please?

They're samples - those sort of things often happen and you often don't spot it until the image is being processed - to go back and redo the photo takes up someone's time and there's nothing more annoying than someone picking up on a minor issue like that when all they've got to do is imagine the buffer's straight - it's a lot faster.

Anyway, it's one buffer in one image - at least the bodyshell shots have got around the problem. :huh:

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, philiprporter said:

Hi Fran I'm not sure if its there on the prototype as light always seems to fall in this area on photos, but is the seam line above the nose side grilles (and it looks like it may continue across the front of the nose in a slight curve in a couple of the photos?) there on the real thing or is it a snagging list issue? Cheers, Phil. 

Hi @philiprporter,

Seam lines are on the snag list to be sorted and the tooling has still to be polished, so we should be all good. The very bright lighting in the pics does not help either of course, but it's something we will be correcting before production. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

Now you're talking.....:good_mini:

The purple and blue loco's looked terrific, but happy to say the green is just as good. Takes me back to KX and FP all those years ago.....:drink_mini:

Off to check what I ordered now...Nimbus and Black Watch....:dance_mini:

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, gordon s said:

Now you're talking.....:good_mini:

The purple and blue loco's looked terrific, but happy to say the green is just as good. Takes me back to KX and FP all those years ago.....:drink_mini:

Off to check what I ordered now...

Thanks @gordon s! I do jest a lot about the Purple Monster being my favourite, and I do love it, but it's always been a toss up between Blue with FP white cabs and green small yellow panel for the best Deltic liveries for me personally.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Of course I have to agree. The blue looked spectacular and the purple was way off the scale. If that was a rock star, then the green is more suited to Accountants.....;)

I wasn't one, but have to say I'll be happy with the two tone green and Mk1's.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One thing I forgot to mention in the update above is that the boiler hatch details are missing on D9013, but will be on the final model as a factory fitted etched detail.

Being us, we have three types of etch done, depending on the loco modelled.., :lol:

2041500131_image(16).png.c8e13f696194a5f857957d10e4c4f312.png

Shown here for illustration purposes only! When applied they will of course be in the correct position. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

but it's always been a toss up between Blue with FP white cabs and green small yellow panel for the best Deltic liveries for me personally.

I agree with that.  It really is a toss up, but perhaps the green livery captures the British sports car character of the class slightly better.  OTOH, white cabs were my favourite during the very brief period when I was seeing them fairly often.

One point - the warning panel on the green loco looks rather dark.  Is this just the camera or am I wrong to expect the paler earlier shade of warning yellow?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, MikeParkin65 said:

@Accurascale Fran My only problem now is which one. Or two. Is the optimum number of Deltics n+1?! On a more practical level, will these come with one end with the details fitted? 

Hi Mike,

All the detail parts for the end will be in a baggie and user applied.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I shouldnt have clicked into this thread, now I am getting thoughts about getting D9013 to add a headlight and renumber to D9000.    Must resist and wait in hope of a 2nd batch and it being done properly.    The thought of painting that thin dark green line between the yellow and the yellow green is the only thing putting me off.  

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried removing the printed numbers Accurascale wagons (seeing as there is no experience of renumbering an Accurascale locomotive).  

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Browsing through my Deltic photos, found this of Tulyar at the Cross in 1981, I used to call in at lunchtimes to see what was about.

Model of 55015 duly ordered, they look amazing!

1612870688406-4538fed3-1ea1-451c-90e7-94200fcd1d7e.jpg.df9add9466daf3056fb95782a45cec67.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@accurascalefran

Thanks for the roof shot.

Wow! I had no idea that the exahust/boiler pannels changed so much (you had already warned us about the fan grills).

The whole look of the roof area is incredible, and really adds to the sense of power of the loco.

Love the richness of the green as well. A really classic livery on a classic shape.

I will get a blue one eventually, but glad I'm starting off with green.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Deltics looked awful in blue but by golly you seem to have got the colour pretty well while the purple beastie looks just like the real thing (can't be helped). But you have definitely saved the best 'til last - those colours look spot on on my 'puter screen and getting the 'lime' green right has always seemed to be a difficult task for manufacturers but you've really cracked that too.   So overall definitely the dog's dangly bits and all you need to do now is a Swindon built 'Warship' (with both front ends of course) and I shall be beating another path to your front door.

Must get 'Manor' and coil A orders sorted too.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

I shouldnt have clicked into this thread, now I am getting thoughts about getting D9013 to add a headlight and renumber to D9000.    Must resist and wait in hope of a 2nd batch and it being done properly.    The thought of painting that thin dark green line between the yellow and the yellow green is the only thing putting me off.  

Would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried removing the printed numbers Accurascale wagons (seeing as there is no experience of renumbering an Accurascale locomotive).  

If you are going down that path, wouldn't you be better off getting D9002 Locomotion/Rails commission (2016 version not 1982 version) and renumbering to D9000? The only other thing you would have to worry about is the location of the OHL flashes. And the difference in front step.

Even with these compromises KOYLI would be a better starting point. Or just wait (as I'm doing...; one sound fitted model will be enough to keep me entertained!)

Gone are the days of taking a 'right colour' model and renumbering, you have all the subtle details to think about!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks @gordon s! I do jest a lot about the Purple Monster being my favourite, and I do love it, but it's always been a toss up between Blue with FP white cabs and green small yellow panel for the best Deltic liveries for me personally.

Cheers!

Fran

Hornby did a class 66 in pink.  I believe there was even a prototype for that.

No, it's still the green Deltic before yellow ends for me, though I do agree the blue with white cabs suited them too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

One point - the warning panel on the green loco looks rather dark.  Is this just the camera or am I wrong to expect the paler earlier shade of warning yellow?

Now you say it I think you are right - on all the "older" models, blue or green. Warning panel yellow changed from a more primrose yellow to a more orange yellow in 1985. It may just be the photography, but the yellow does look like the later colour.

Roy

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, w124bob said:

I have just come across a picture of 9009 dated November 1973, with a domino headcode panel. The picture appears in Bradford Barton "Diesels in Action vol2" , this is the earliest use of domino dots I've seen and at a time when headcodes were still in use. There's no mistake as the book was published in 1975.

9009 was the first by some distance, carrying a domino headcode at no.1 end from 24 Nov 1972, and then no.2 end on 8 Feb 1973. The rest were coverted from around 12 months later, and completed with 9005 on 8 Feb 1975. Then plated headcodes and plated quarterlights began from May 1976.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying Pig said:

I agree with that.  It really is a toss up, but perhaps the green livery captures the British sports car character of the class slightly better.  OTOH, white cabs were my favourite during the very brief period when I was seeing them fairly often.

21 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Now you say it I think you are right - on all the "older" models, blue or green. Warning panel yellow changed from a more primrose yellow to a more orange yellow in 1985. It may just be the photography, but the yellow does look like the later colour.

Roy

Interesting - looking at 'modern' pictures preserved green locos (i.e. discounting historic distortions in colour) the yellow on these seems a bit lighter on pictures than on the models.

I'm now wondering if the preserved locos will have had the current yellow or historically correct yellow.... and therefore implications for the models of D9002 and D9009

Either way, can Accurascale comment on the shade of nose yellow of the models....

@Accurascale Fran@McC??

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Interesting - looking at 'modern' pictures preserved green locos (i.e. discounting historic distortions in colour) the yellow on these seems a bit lighter on pictures than on the models.

I'm now wondering if the preserved locos will have had the current yellow or historically correct yellow.... and therefore implications for the models of D9002 and D9009

Either way, can Accurascale comment on the shade of nose yellow of the models....

@Accurascale Fran@McC??

It's something we're looking into. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2