Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

blimey did they ride that badly or was the camera in that first clip being dangled on the end of a bit string in the cab?  My eyes are all over the place after watching that.

i'm sure the viewing height from inside a deltic cab is a bit higher up than conventional locos. maybe the floor was higher or the window position meant youhad to be stood right up to get a view over the long bonnet.

Great news, what am I going to do with all those Shawplan bits for Bachmann Deltics?

I think I’m correct in saying there wasn’t a plated cab windows/plated over sandbox hatch/alphanumeric headcode combination in BR days. Will the late BR ones have York crests?

• RMweb Gold

5017 – ‘The Durham Light Infantry’

BR blue

Depicted as operating in 1974, assigned to Gateshead depot (52A)

Headcode: alpha-numeric

Windscreen wipers: two per pane

Train heating: ETH

Leading cab side window: plated over

Horn position: top of nose

Nose front sandbox hatches: plated over

Battery compartment louvres: present

High intensity headlight: not fitted

Windshield air vents: not fitted

Upper central lamp iron: fitted

Bogies: cast

Hi McC

FYI, think the description for 55017 as listed for 1974 may need looking at.  From photos in 1977, 17 still had the front window and sandbox hatches in place.

Well spotted! Looks like I mis=pasted for the 'Ballymoss' spec! 

Corrected on the website now, thanks for spotting that!

https://accurascale.co.uk/products/55017-the-durham-light-infantry

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

A sound Ballymoss for me. Deltics are not really my thing*, but this looked too good to pass up. Set up a standing order to pay a bit each month which means I won't notice the money going and get a free loco at the end :secret:

* I only have one Bachmann Deltic, that being the NRM limited edition of 55002 which I just had to have having been second-man on the real loco.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi gentlemen

How many portions of SWMBO's millionaire's shortbread would it take to ensure that for the benefit of idiots like us who like specific headcodes the headcode glazing could be removable without too much hassle - and perhaps with something behind to support them?

Preferably not the Bachmann system of printed headcodes on the back of the glazing if that can be avoided...

Baking this weekend....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi gentlemen

How many portions of SWMBO's millionaire's shortbread would it take to ensure that for the benefit of idiots like us who like specific headcodes the headcode glazing could be removable without too much hassle - and perhaps with something behind to support them?

Preferably not the Bachmann system of printed headcodes on the back of the glazing if that can be avoided...

Baking this weekend....

Phil

It was so good Phil and delivered at the perfect time on both days to give me a much needed sugar boost that we can certainly look into it. I’ll see what we can do.

Regards to you, your good lady and those baking skills!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What about doing 55017 with its post accident nose minus centre footstep and oversized headcodes boxes which also appeared on 55012 and 55019.

We’re going to do as much detail variation as we can but there will come a line that we will have to draw when it comes to tooling some detail variations! D9000s big light being one such I can think of!

Cheers!

Fran

We’re going to do as much detail variation as we can but there will come a line that we will have to draw when it comes to tooling some detail variations! D9000s big light being one such I can think of!

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks, pushing my luck I suppose but worth asking lol!

Cheers!

Fran

Totally understandable, just sticking with D9000 while I appreciate adding the headlight to the nose is a non starter, will the D9000/55022 models come with the different footstep that was unique to the loco? It is a very noticeable way to identify 55022 head on so would be great if you were? As my layout is set in 19777 It helps me decide if I order 55022 and repaint the FP bling to get the nose step right or by another 55001 and renumber it and accept the nose step being wrong. 

• Like 1

The gap between the body and the bogies looks much better than the Bachmann offering! Will be ordering at least two of those already listed for release. Cannot be that far away until someone takes the step of a new high spec 37.

• Like 1

Would any of the announced models be suitable for hauling Virgin Cross Country trains around the end of the 90s. I know at least one Deltic pulled them on occasion. But it's not really my area of expertise. 

Rich

D9000 Royal Scots Grey was the machine.  

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/322/19717217766_b25b555d16_b.jpg

The gap between the body and the bogies looks much better than the Bachmann offering! Will be ordering at least two of those already listed for release. Cannot be that far away until someone takes the step of a new high spec 37.

At the risk of thread drift, My bank balance would be seriously harmed if Accurascale did a 37 to the same spec as the Deltic, after all they have the bogies tooled up now.

Hi - is there any news on the spec of the Sound Versions?  I read somewhere it were based on D9019, but cannot find any further information.  Was mainly interested in whether the functionality will allow the locomotive to be running on 1 and 2 engines.

Only other things I can think of is a couple of LED's in the exhaust to represent the "flames" Deltics were renowned for.... 

Regards,

C.

• Like 1