Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Hi - is there any news on the spec of the Sound Versions?  I read somewhere it were based on D9019, but cannot find any further information.  Was mainly interested in whether the functionality will allow the locomotive to be running on 1 and 2 engines.

Only other things I can think of is a couple of LED's in the exhaust to represent the "flames" Deltics were renowned for.... 

Regards,

C.

Hi Dogbox,

That's correct, we (well ESU) recorded D9019 for our sound project. We cant say too much more on it at the moment as its still very much a work in progress but we will see if it's feasible to have one engine only mode. Cant promise anything, but can certainly try.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Now we are back in Dublin and getting back to normal slowly after Warley I can reveal the full picture between our mystery teaser to show that it was from a real Deltic! 

Teaser image...

post-7114-0-86619400-1543337848.jpg

A lot of people thought that this was a pipe. I'm afraid it wasnt, it was actually a close up of the coupling on Alycidon! A horrible, blurry image taken in haste, but made for the perfect teaser.

Actual photo

post-7114-0-73452400-1543338218.jpg

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• Five-Pole motor with two flywheels
  • Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running
  • Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 100 mph
  • DCC ready with 21pin interface

I hope that it is arranged so that it can obtain a prototypical top speed, not just 100mph.

Deltics were well capable of speeds over 120 and were recorded doing so.

Whilst they had a Top Speed of 100 mph as shown in the cab ends, they were - and did - prove capable to exceeding this figure. So the models should take this into consideration, not set a limit which would undersell their true capability.  This is not unique to Deltics as most rail stock can achieve better than the quoted line speed maximum shown, you also have to allow for % error in the speedo.

• RMweb Gold

Whilst they had a Top Speed of 100 mph as shown in the cab ends, they were - and did - prove capable to exceeding this figure. So the models should take this into consideration, not set a limit which would undersell their true capability.  This is not unique to Deltics as most rail stock can achieve better than the quoted line speed maximum shown, you also have to allow for % error in the speedo.

We are going to arrange the 'can go a bit quicker when nobody is looking' speed, just want everyone to know it'll be realistic and not trainset speeds! :)

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

The post beneath the one which you quoted did acknowledge this.

EDIT: Fran beat me to it!

Edited by 'CHARD

Hi Fran,

Thanks for the reply on sounds.  I take it either way, the sound option its going to be as top notch as possible, to match the locomotives spec.  Didn't know whether you'd got the likes of Paul Chetter, or Biffo to work on it.

Best Wishes,

C.

Hi Dogbox,

That's correct, we (well ESU) recorded D9019 for our sound project. We cant say too much more on it at the moment as its still very much a work in progress but we will see if it's feasible to have one engine only mode. Cant promise anything, but can certainly try.

Cheers,

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran,

Thanks for the reply on sounds.  I take it either way, the sound option its going to be as top notch as possible, to match the locomotives spec.  Didn't know whether you'd got the likes of Paul Chetter, or Biffo to work on it.

Best Wishes,

C.

Hard to imagine Biffo’s Deltic project can be bettered but excited to see what can be done. Will the sound chip be reblowable if the owner so desires?

The key to the sound won't be the sound project (although this is hugely important and variable) but, in the case of the Deltic, how big a speaker/s will fit inside chassis. Things are improving as the new start up manufacturers begin to listen to the market (see the EM-1 in the new Hattons 66) I await the result with great interest. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The key to the sound won't be the sound project (although this is hugely important and variable) but, in the case of the Deltic, how big a speaker/s will fit inside chassis. Things are improving as the new start up manufacturers begin to listen to the market (see the EM-1 in the new Hattons 66) I await the result with great interest. 

Thanks chaps. One of the key reasons we're investing in Tungsten Alloy chassis, is to allow the largest possible speakers (two of them) into the body!

Edited by McC
  • Like 1

Well done on the deltic pity a southern branch line cant justify one. However it is good to see EM and P4 being offered. With ready to lay points and flexible track EM may soon become mainstream that would be great.

Well done Accurascale looking forward to seeing further new models being introduced.

Keith

I'm not going to let a little thing like that stop me from buying one, if and when I can afford it.

My SR will just have to put up with an Eastern Region loco invasion......

• Like 1

A little while after ordering you will get confirmation of your order with an invoice, and details of Bank and Paypal details. Just then pop a deposit to us, using your order ID as a reference. Once that payment lands with us, you'll receive a further confirmation and receipt.

You can make periodic payments as you wish over the coming months, and receive an update / receipt each time, or indeed wait until the models are ready to ship and pay up at that point.

Many thanks for the support!

PS: just to add that if you would like to pay the deposit by Card, just drop us a line and we'll send you a link for just the deposit amount to secure your order.

Do you take orders from overseas?

• Like 1

Tht is a relevant point.  someone I corresponded with years ago maintained that the sound from a deltic loco was difficult to accurately replicate in DCC form because of a particular hertz output through speakers. I regarded the guy as an expert so believe him, but obviously new products and techniques have entered the marketplace.

On the subject of single engine working of deltics, don't forget that the dynamics of the loco will be quite different. You would still get the leisurely intitial departure, but a deltic one one engine would effectively be on half it's power, so would need longer spells in the "full" position to accelerate to speed compared to a loco working on both engines. Obviously "power lock" functions on decoders could allow the model loco speed and audible noise to vary, if developed by an expert.   

I have asked Rails whether they are doing factory fitted sound of their exclusives and have had this reply :

‘No we will only be selling the DCC ready versions of these locomotives, we will of course offer our own digital fitting service but will not be selling factory fitted sound versions.’

Really very surprised by this, so question to Accurascale - if I bought a Rails deltic, could I send it to you to have your sound pack added or buy your sound pack so I can fit myself ?

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys,

We will be looking to sell our DCC sound as a kit too which will be plug and play. We still need to sort out details before confirmation on that but it’s a plan we’re keen to put in place. We will have news of it in the new year so leave it with us, but fitting it would be a doddle.

Cheers!

Fran

Will I've ordered KOYLI as preserved from Rails, and paid my deposit.

I will certainly want more than one, and a blue one in the form of 22 or 19 (as preserved) would be most welcomed in some future batch.

Similarly, 16 with WIPACs in TTG would also be hard to resist - while I'm pleased the front end of Gordon has now returned to its natural condition, there was something impressive about the modern lighting on a heritage loco. While impressive, I can't currently justify a purple deltic!

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

Just put my order through, would be rude not to considering I hung around the stand at Warley from about 10:15 on Saturday, so you may say that I watched this model being born!

Well done on what so far looks a cracking model, I liked the no nonsense way that you delivered the announcement. Looking forward to following progress.

Andy

Edited by ac1874

Hi Fran,

Welcome news that your manufacturing a state of the art modern Deltic which i think will be a big winner. I mainly model mine with domino dot headcodes and I can only see 1 planned. Can the domino headcode be available as a separate fitting to enable me to convert suitable tops number models or will I have to wait until you produce more domino headcode locos. Also want the plans for the FP white race horse locos.

Best of commercial luck with this

B  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran,

Welcome news that your manufacturing a state of the art modern Deltic which i think will be a big winner. I mainly model mine with domino dot headcodes and I can only see 1 planned. Can the domino headcode be available as a separate fitting to enable me to convert suitable tops number models or will I have to wait until you produce more domino headcode locos. Also want the plans for the FP white race horse locos.

Best of commercial luck with this

B  

Brenn 

See post 157 above - get this right and just as easy to slip domino dots in to any headcode fitted loco - some good ones available from Precision Labels - although whether the rest of the detail on the model will be right is of course also a factor but I'll leave that to those with Napiers in their blood - its Maybach/MANs in mine!

Phil

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Brenn 

See post 157 above - get this right and just as easy to slip domino dots in to any headcode fitted loco - some good ones available from Precision Labels - although whether the rest of the detail on the model will be right is of course also a factor but I'll leave that to those with Napiers in their blood - its Maybach/MANs in mine!

Phil

Proper blood!

Mike.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

We will be looking to sell our DCC sound as a kit too which will be plug and play. We still need to sort out details before confirmation on that but it’s a plan we’re keen to put in place. We will have news of it in the new year so leave it with us, but fitting it would be a doddle.

Cheers!

Fran

Will it be only £90?

I'm just using the price difference between the DCC Ready & DCC Sound regular versions that will be sold being £160 and £250 respectively.

• RMweb Gold

Will it be only £90?

I'm just using the price difference between the DCC Ready & DCC Sound regular versions that will be sold being £160 and £250 respectively.

We are unsure of the price as of yet, but should be in that ballpark! The great thing now is you have a choice for these locos, our own kits or the ones Rails will use, which will also be top notch! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

We are unsure of the price as of yet, but should be in that ballpark! The great thing now is you have a choice for these locos, our own kits or the ones Rails will use, which will also be top notch! 

Cheers,

Fran

Absolutely there is no doubt Fran, yes will be getting both preserved variants running today and will have to buy your sound kit to go with them...cheers.

• RMweb Gold

Cheers,

Fran

Key for me - will it be a reblowable chip? If i have more than one I’d like to be able to have different projects on board. Likewise with the ‘withdrawal’ of my Bachmann Deltics there will likely be some sound chips acailable to me - will the non sound version be available with speakers pre fitted?

• Like 1