Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
Just now, vanbasher said:

Good afternoon one & all, I finally snapped & pre-ordered a sound fitted 55009 from Rails a couple of weeks ago. Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere in the last 82 pages, but is it going to be possible to change the headcode displays on these models? As I'm a modern era modeller I'd quite like to have Dominoes on either end of mine but may want to swap them out for a railtour headcode. As said apologies if this has been asked & answered already, very much looking forward to the release of these monsters & keep up the fine work Accurascale.

Hi @vanbasher,

Many thanks for the order. Yes, for any Deltic with a headcode box that is not plated over it will be possible to change the headcodes with a decal sheet provided in the box.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @vanbasher,

Many thanks for the order. Yes, for any Deltic with a headcode box that is not plated over it will be possible to change the headcodes with a decal sheet provided in the box.

Cheers!

Fran

Wow! Rapid response too, many thanks indeed for your reply Fran, now I'm really looking forward to this. Will the process of changing the headcodes be relatively straight forward with these?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Wow! Rapid response too, many thanks indeed for your reply Fran, now I'm really looking forward to this. Will the process of changing the headcodes be relatively straight forward with these?

We'll make it as easy as we possibly can so it should be straightforward enough!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Verulam Central said:

Any update as when we can expect theses models ?   

It'll be the same as when they last told us a month ago it would be Q3.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Verulam Central said:

Any update as when we can expect theses models ?   

Rather than asking when they are due, it might be better to place your order, as by the time of delivery there may not be a lot left.

• Like 3

On 03/02/2021 at 16:14, Roy Langridge said:

That is beyond the direct capabilities of the current decoders without bringing in relay some power switching. You are looking at about 100mA max on the function outputs today. 

I dunno Roy

This was state play with one of my 37's back in 2018. 12 volt coreless motor for a couple of quid off ebay, About 15mA starting  current and  3 mA run.  I should finish it really, but I've come up with some different drive methods in the intervening years that I want to try out.

P

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

I dunno Roy

This was state play with one of my 37's back in 2018. 12 volt coreless motor for a couple of quid off ebay, About 15mA starting  current and  3 mA run.  I should finish it really, but I've come up with some different drive methods in the intervening years that I want to try out.

P

That is very interesting - to be honest I had not considered coreless motors. Will have to take another look...

Roy

15 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

I dunno Roy

P

That looks excellent. Can you give any more details of how you've got the motor mounted and connected to the fan?

I tried something similar on a Bachmann Class 20 a while ago, but I found the noise of the motor was excessive and it wouldn't run at a low enough RPM to reduce it. Your setup looks visually very good and also quiet enough not to interfere with the sound decoder.

Cheers

Liam

Edited by Pillar

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Pillar said:

That looks excellent. Can you give any more details of how you've got the motor mounted and connected to the fan?

I tried something similar on a Bachmann Class 20 a while ago, but I found the noise of the motor was excessive and it wouldn't run at a low enough RPM to reduce it. Your setup looks visually very good and also quiet enough not to interfere with the sound decoder.

Cheers

Liam

Speed was in part why I did not consider coreless motors, adding a gearbox just increases size and load on start.

Roy

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Regarding sales, interesting that sound fitted are selling better than dcc ready. Is this unique to the deltic i wonder or a common trend across all models/manufacturers?

Hi @The Ghost of IKB,

Not quite. It could be that a smaller percentage of sound fitted models were ordered, and more of that allocation has been sold. However, orders for sound fitted have been strong!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Small request but on v2 of that list, could we see the nose as well.. i’m still trying to figure which are plated, which are dominos and which are headcodes amongst the plain blue ones... 001/3/5/11/17

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Regarding sales, interesting that sound fitted are selling better than dcc ready. Is this unique to the deltic i wonder or a common trend across all models/manufacturers?

The thing with AS is that the uplift for sound fitted is very reasonable at £90 so maybe more popular in that respect

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

The thing with AS is that the uplift for sound fitted is very reasonable at £90 so maybe more popular in that respect

And  that gets you a LokSound v5, PowerPack super capacitors, EM2 and sugar cube speakers and a custom sound project installed and ready to go. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Small request but on v2 of that list, could we see the nose as well.. i’m still trying to figure which are plated, which are dominos and which are headcodes amongst the plain blue ones... 001/3/5/11/17

If you click in to each one on the website it will be listed and shown in the artwork for each.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I''ve just checked, and 55 005 and 55 011 are plated, 55 001 is domino, the rest are headcode (of those that are of that era).

Unfortunately this was something I missed when placing my order for 55 017, so it looks like I'll have to alter the order for a second time (from 55 017 to 55 011) as I'd prefer a plated over version.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

If I order a model once they have arrived with you, I assume that full payment is required rather than deposit and ex amount per month until balance paid?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, jools1959 said:

If I order a model once they have arrived with you, I assume that full payment is required rather than deposit and ex amount per month until balance paid?

the option to pay a deposit will be removed once the models are enroute, yes

Edited by McC
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, jools1959 said:

We also wont be doing installment plans once they're in stock or close to being in stock as per all our releases.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1