Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Key for me - will it be a reblowable chip? If i have more than one I’d like to be able to have different projects on board. Likewise with the ‘withdrawal’ of my Bachmann Deltics there will likely be some sound chips acailable to me - will the non sound version be available with speakers pre fitted?

Hi Mike,

We wont be providing DCC ready locos with speakers fitted as they're high end expensive speakers and this would add to the cost price to DC users, or DCC users who do not use sound. The kit will come with the speakers as part of it and will be plug and play.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

We wont be providing DCC ready locos with speakers fitted as they're high end expensive speakers and this would add to the cost price to DC users, or DCC users who do not use sound. The kit will come with the speakers as part of it and will be plug and play.

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks Fran. Sorry for going on about this but will the speakers be available without your decoder and will your decoder be reblowable?

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Fran. Sorry for going on about this but will the speakers be available without your decoder and will your decoder be reblowable?

Hi Mike,

It will be loksound so I assume they can be? Yes speakers will be available without a decoder as they’re off the shelf products, should be able to buy them direct off ESU.

Cheers,

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

It will be loksound so I assume they can be? 

Cheers,

Fran

Depends. As I understand it if they are V4 they can be but if they are the cheaper Selecta they can't (at least not by the popular sound suppliers to the UK market - Legoman, Howes, SWD etc)

• RMweb Gold

Why provide a re-blowable chip ?

If your buying a DCC sound Deltic, it’s because you like the sound on the chip.

Otherwise buy a DCC ready one, and put your own sound in.

But buying a reblowable one, to overwrite the existing sound would seem an unnecessary expense for a specific chip, that presumably most people would never overwrite.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

The guys from Accurascale have stated it's not a Select decoder.  However it might also not be a V4, but a "new tech".

Bottom line is that it might not be able to be reblown.  Time will tell......   :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Why provide a re-blowable chip ?

If your buying a DCC sound Deltic, it’s because you like the sound on the chip.

Otherwise buy a DCC ready one, and put your own sound in.

But buying a reblowable one, to overwrite the existing sound would seem an unnecessary expense for a specific chip, that presumably most people would never overwrite.

Because I want to pre order and whilst the sound might be brilliant none of us have heard it yet and I might prefer someone elses project. So if its reblowable I have that option, if it isnt I haven't.

The price for the sounded fitted loco's is very competitive  - less than the current value a Loksound V4 alone so if it is V4 or better I'm in. Otherwise I am as you say better with the DCC ready version. 

So I am asking for info to inform my pre-order decision. 

• RMweb Gold

Depends. As I understand it if they are V4 they can be but if they are the cheaper Selecta they can't (at least not by the popular sound suppliers to the UK market - Legoman, Howes, SWD etc)

Hi Mike,

All we can say for the moment is that it will have the latest ESU tech. We will have more news on this in the new year. In the meantime feel free to place your order and we can upgrade/downgrade at a later date when we have more information on that for you.

Cheers!

Fran

The earlier claims that the sound quality will be superior to that of an EM2 is very interesting.

Presumably, the speakers are already available and you have listened to the performance.

Could you provide the speaker details so that I can improve my current EM2 arrangement please?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The earlier claims that the sound quality will be superior to that of an EM2 is very interesting.

Presumably, the speakers are already available and you have listened to the performance.

Could you provide the speaker details so that I can improve my current EM2 arrangement please?

We're working with market leader ESU on a speaker, chip and circuit solution, coupled with a (somewhat) revolutionary chassis material and design to achieve the best possible solution. We'll be able to reveal more details in the new year as details of the technology enter the public domain.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

We're working with market leader ESU on a speaker, chip and circuit solution, coupled with a (somewhat) revolutionary chassis material and design to achieve the best possible solution. We'll be able to reveal more details in the new year as details of the technology enter the public domain.

When i was a kid, i’d get an empty tin of peas, cut a hole at the other end and blow noise into it as i ran down the street.

I hope its better than that ;-)

But at 5 years old that was quite revolutionary.

I could always do a zontaresque video of restarting the recycled line of pea cans if you want to record it.

Edited by adb968008

When i was a kid, i’d get an empty tin of peas, cut a hole at the other end and blow noise into it as i ran down the street.

I hope its better than that ;-)

But at 5 years old that was quite revolutionary.

I could always do a zontaresque video of restarting the recycled line of pea cans if you want to record it.

Are ESU the revolutionary type? The speakers that come with their current decoders are ... err ... primitive.

• RMweb Gold

Are ESU the revolutionary type? The speakers that come with their current decoders are ... err ... primitive.

The speakers that come with the decoders in locos are those specc’ed by the manufacturer of the loco, while they offer a basic speaker as a starting point with their own decoders. We have set a high specification with them, which they will oblige. If you look at their own continental outline locomotives and the different speakers they offer, you’ll see a vast range of speakers and set ups.

This will not be a primitive set up as we will demonstrate later in the project.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

Please, please do a class 40 soon.

Not a big fan of the Deltics, I don't dislike them but just not my thing, and not really in my modelling area.

That said, I haven't ordered an A Class yet but I will be doing, even though I can't really justify one on my layout. Unless on delivery from MV... In which case it'd bounce along the sleepers anyway!

Guys very well done on this project, it was a surprise to me that you'd chosen the class 55 as its already "reasonably"" well catered for (if you squint a little bit).

If you're willing to do a class 40 to the same standards then I'll be ordering loads of them.

Yeah, the Lima/Bachmann ones can be fettled with but why, just why? Same for their 37s.

Best of luck for the future. If you're producing locos to the standards as depicted from your pics, then I doubt if luck will come into it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Please, please do a class 40 soon.

Not a big fan of the Deltics, I don't dislike them but just not my thing, and not really in my modelling area.

That said, I haven't ordered an A Class yet but I will be doing, even though I can't really justify one on my layout. Unless on delivery from MV... In which case it'd bounce along the sleepers anyway!

Guys very well done on this project, it was a surprise to me that you'd chosen the class 55 as its already "reasonably"" well catered for (if you squint a little bit).

If you're willing to do a class 40 to the same standards then I'll be ordering loads of them.

Yeah, the Lima/Bachmann ones can be fettled with but why, just why? Same for their 37s.

Best of luck for the future. If you're producing locos to the standards as depicted from your pics, then I doubt if luck will come into it.

Thanks for that! Well, we did say we’d raise a few eyebrows.

Okay, we find it really interesting that we’re getting a lot of calls to do a whistler. I do love a 40 myself, but wasn’t a newly tooled one launched a couple of years ago? Without dragging us off topic too much, why would you guys like to see a new one?

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Okay, we find it really interesting that we’re getting a lot of calls to do a whistler. I do love a 40 myself, but wasn’t a newly tooled one launched a couple of years ago? Without dragging us off topic too much, why would you guys like to see a new one?

Cheers,

Fran

Can’t see there is a gap in the market for a 40 quite yet as the current Bachmann one is pretty good and most of us who wanted a 40 will I guess have only recently purchased one. Maybe you need to run a poll what we’d like to see next? Personally I’d go for 47 or a 50

• Like 1

Steady on lads. Don't get yourself all cosy with the dirty, smelly diesel lot. There's a world of coal and fire and steam out there.

A J27 is long overdue.

If you want a big engine, the Thompson pacifics have yet to be done. An A2/3 would go down a storm. 

Sorry, all this needs to go in the wish list. 

Edited by RBAGE
  • Like 2

Cheers,

Fran

The Bachmann Mk2 (2nd re-tooling) class 40 came out end of 2013. I own one and personally love it to bits. Its a weighty model too, and mine had sound fitted in it. The only area for me is too much day light between the bogies and the nose but otherwise I consider this an excellent model, better by some margin over Bachmann's peak and Deltic. Would I buy an all new 40 with all the Accurascale refinements?  Probably not. But then I model Southern region where a 40 was rare. Unlike the Deltic, where Bachmann was a big jump over Lima, and we see a similar jump in improvement with Accurascale over Bachmann's, I am not sure we would get an equally large jump with a new 40.

Edited by JSpencer

"3300hp with 18 cylinders an engine and two engines, that's 36 cylinders .... that's why they're special"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSbmBhFnQk

And that young man is a prime example of how spotters/Rail Enthusiasts got labelled firmly in the adenoids/geek/weirdo brigade. Had to keep my love for Trains well under my hat all through school, as if I’d ‘come out’, I think I’d have been in for some tough times. (And high school came only 7 and a half years after that footage in December 1981). Shows how times changed so rapidly back then. Even though I’ve been a driver for over 15 years, most still don’t know about my passion. And I’m not alone. Fair few colleagues also keep schtum about their hobby, for fear of being ridiculed.

Anyway, a fantastic bit of footage and makes me even more excited for Tulyar to arrive.