Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Conversely, if we want to keep the livery exactly as supplied, does this imply it would be prudent to give it a coat of varnish?

I use IPA for track/wheel cleaning.  No doubt it gets onto my grubby fingers too.

Hi Michael,

Once you don’t scrub the model vigorously and/or put it in a bath of IPA it will be absolutely fine. If it hasn’t affected your existing rolling stock then it won’t affect ours either. We’re merely demonstrating that renumbering using the right care and solution is a doddle and as easy as any other model on the market.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Fran,

Thankyou for the regular feed of info regarding various details relating to your Locos. That’s  gotta be a ‘World 1st’ hasn’t it, a manufacturer showing you how to modify one of their original products?

Anyways, what I dropped in to ask….

With the head codes, I understand these will be stickers fitted onto the outside of the glass panel from the factory which are changeable by the user? Have I understood this correctly? I’m curious if these will be the rubbery type plastic sheet where the light only shines thru the characters from behind or will they be a paper sticker based affair?

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We've been asked a few times now if our locomotives will be easy to renumber. Well, allow us to demonstrate! With a mix of 99.9% IPA and a 6% water dilution and a cotton bud the numbers come off nice and easy.

It really is gone in 60 seconds!

Cheers!

Fran 

At least you didn't copy Blue Peter and half way through substitute for 'one you'd made earlier'!

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

ISTR that Lima numbers on their diesels in the late 1980s were removable by using sticky tape (a.k.a Sellotape). Gone in 6 seconds (it often took more than one attempt to get all the number off).

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

I really, really hope so! It seems 37 based at the moment though? 

Cheers!

Fran 

Rule 1 may apply - and in the real world they are only hauling 3 sets.....just saying..

Chris

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

In other news...is it really true that preserved 55s are being considered for TPE nova set ECS movements?

If the residents of York and Scarborough think Class 68 are loud lol..............

Edited by MikeParkin65
Usual fingers not doing what brain thinks!!
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Shedmaster,

We're providing a thin paper sheet that has 45 different headcodes with descriptions and dates. The customer has to cut these out (two of each headcode is provided so you usually have a spare in case of a slipped scalpel). These are applied from behind the nose, so you have to remove the body - although we are looking at the factory installing a headcode for those that just want to unbox and get running straight away! The headcodes are sandwiched by two pieces of glazing so you shouldn't need to use spraymount or any other adhesive to fit. We'll be posting a demonstration video when the models are available covering this process and installing etched nameplates, crests and worksplates.

Cheers!

Fran 

Sounds ideal! Look forwards to seeing how they work

Phil

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Maybe put the purple one in the washing machine, and see if it comes out green ?

If modern footplate overalls are anything to go by, it would be more likely that blue ones would turn purple in the washing machine.

Roy

• Funny 2

7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Maybe put the purple one in the washing machine, and see if it comes out green ?

Oh Gawd no! I may be one of the few prepare to say that I ordered a Porterbrook Deltic but I believe it was the first to sell out. You will offend many fans! (The four on 9016 for a start. :lol:)

20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

although we are looking at the factory installing a headcode for those that just want to unbox and get running straight away!

Hi Fran, For some like myself, it would be great to have a pre-installed headcode either end of my D9019 which would give a choice of whether to remove the body or not.  (1A35 & 0Z00? :) ) Thanks.

• Like 6

Quick question.

It strikes me that the bogie chains will sloop around a bit. What steps are bring taken to ensure they dont scuff or scratch the paint while in the post/transit? Anything other than right way up and they will contact lower bidy side.

Will they be secured with foam or tape? Especially on light grey on 9016 or lime in green locod, any damage will stick out like a sore thumb

Yes they are light weight but i can imagine a couple of hours or brass bouncing in a royal mail van, or vibration an aircraft may test even the most robust paint finish

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, sirwilliamfrs said:

Hi Fran, For some like myself, it would be great to have a pre-installed headcode either end of my D9019 which would give a choice of whether to remove the body or not.  (1A35 & 0Z00? :) ) Thanks.

Absolutely agree, one of the reasons I went for the full fat sound installed, as on a lovely detailed model such as this one I want no chance in damaging it taking it apart……now seriously……how about crew fitted?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If the Northern HS2 is scrapped they mightbe pulling TPE sets with faces at the windows,they will all be purple...........

Oh that's nice, they'll match the Porterbrook livery... 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Quick question.

It strikes me that the bogie chains will sloop around a bit. What steps are bring taken to ensure they dont scuff or scratch the paint while in the post/transit? Anything other than right way up and they will contact lower bidy side.

Will they be secured with foam or tape? Especially on light grey on 9016 or lime in green locod, any damage will stick out like a sore thumb

Yes they are light weight but i can imagine a couple of hours or brass bouncing in a royal mail van, or vibration an aircraft may test even the most robust paint finish

Hi @G-BOAF,

They don't really have much slop to move around at all but each loco will be securely packed and wrapped. Check out unboxing videos of our IRM Metrovicks to get a better idea.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

Absolutely agree, one of the reasons I went for the full fat sound installed, as on a lovely detailed model such as this one I want no chance in damaging it taking it apart……now seriously……how about crew fitted?

We're working on a solution with ModelU :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1