Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, confused said:

Is that Bachmann's or Hornby's factory, or do you have your own?

We currently have five factories we work with. None of the major manufacturers actually own a factory (although Bachmanns parent company does). Hope that helps!

• Informative/Useful 3

1 minute ago, McC said:

We currently have five factories we work with. None of the major manufacturers actually own a factory (although Bachmanns parent company does). Hope that helps!

Blimey, that was quick, just curious. Ta

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, McC said:

I thought Rapido owned multiple factories, and Oxford Diecast have one too don’t they, which presumably is now owned by Hornby’s by default?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, romley midland said:

I thought Rapido owned multiple factories, and Oxford Diecast have one too don’t they, which presumably is now owned by Hornby’s by default?

Nope. Lots of manufacturers use lots of factories but no one actually owns one (technically it’s not even legally possible to )

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, boxbrownie said:

That’s just the Chinese factories though……surely?

Correct. The group of Chinese based factories that produce pretty much all

of the worlds supply of model railways. 

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, McC said:

Indeed, when we used Chinese factories for components it was purely on a supplier basis only, even as one of the biggest vehicle manufacturers in the rest of the world we couldn’t change the Chinese rules.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, McC said:

Having just indulged myself in HO after a decade’s absence,I notice on Roco box ends the  announcement that it’s manufactured in Vietnam. Beautifully made and finished too.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Having just indulged myself in HO after a decade’s absence,I notice on Roco box ends the  announcement that it’s manufactured in Vietnam. Beautifully made and finished too.

One notable exception to the rule. A Chinese factory with a branch in Vietnam. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

A lot of Nikon’s manufacture now is in Thailand, they wouldn’t use China, and Thailand is a quantum cheaper than Japan home manufacturing.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

That’s more to do with Roco than where it’s manufactured TBH.

Some 40 years ago I ran Roco N Gauge models and they ran smooth as velvet compared to Farish back then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

A lot of Nikon’s manufacture now is in Thailand, they wouldn’t use China, and Thailand is a quantum cheaper than Japan home manufacturing.

I'm pretty sure my consumer grade Pentax lenses from around year 2000 are made in Vietnam. I'm surprised it hasn't seen the kind of export growth China has.

On 13/12/2021 at 18:10, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Factory - "How many headcode combinations do you want for your new Deltic locomotives?"

Accurascale - "Yes."

As you can see, we have gone for many, many combinations. Below is sheet one of two sheets(!) that will be included in each box of alpha-numeric headcode and domino fitted Deltics. The sheet shown is the 1960s series, with the second sheet (not shown) featuring the 1970s combinations, including dominos.

1714090404_ImagefromiOS(57).jpg.7c6b1059cabde461f315664f9bb0fb9a.jpg

This is a pre-production sheet and minor alterations will be made where necessary for the final finished models.

Each headcode fitted Deltic will come with a default set pre-installed, with these sheets giving you the opportunity to personalise on the routes you wish to model them on.

252181862_ImagefromiOS(56).jpg.0c926f558abdd0f4c72dca42f0d624b5.jpg

Pre-ordered yet? Production is progressing swiftly, with delivery in Q1 2022 getting ever closer! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-55-deltic 

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi all, Good Evening,

I’m loathed to ask as I’m certain Fran and the team will probably already have considered this but…

Has any thought been put into Light Loco headcodes at all for the headcode sheet?

I’m not familiar with Deltic movements or workings but was thinking out loud about light engine moves and the headcodes used, for example ‘0Z55’ or ‘0A33’ etc.

Would it be asking too much to include one or two of these perhaps?

Looking forward to my ‘Purple’ one arriving next year….you can’t imagine my delight when after cancelling my first order and then regretting it, a small subsequent batch became available! Over the moon doesn’t come close!

Come to think of it, wasn’t the purple one running round with just ‘__16’ as a headcode at one point?

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Edited by Shedmaster
Read back checks found missing words….
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Shedmaster said:

Hi all, Good Evening,

I’m loathed to ask as I’m certain Fran and the team will probably already have considered this but…

Has any thought been put into Light Loco headcodes at all for the headcode sheet?

I’m not familiar with Deltic movements or workings but was thinking out loud about light engine moves and the headcodes used, for example ‘0Z55’ or ‘0A33’ etc.

Looking forward to my ‘Purple’ one arriving next year….you can’t imagine my delight when after cancelling my first order and then regretting it, a small subsequent batch became available! Over the moon doesn’t come close!

Come to think of it, wasn’t the purple one running round with just ‘__16’ as a headcode at one point?

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Hi Shed,

We're offering a shade under 50 different headcodes for the customer to install (48 in fact), which includes a pair of "0Z00" for light engine moves. Plus Porterbrook 9016 will come installed with often seen "dot dot 16" and "1Z16" headcodes at either end, while the preserved pair of D9002 and D9009 will come with "1Z55" and "0Z55".

We can’t offer every single one, but it’s a good cross section and if you want to customise further you can always get the scissors/scalpel out too.

Hope that helps!

Fran

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Shed,

We're offering a shade under 50 different headcodes for the customer to install (48 in fact), which includes a pair of "0Z00" for light engine moves. Plus Porterbrook 9016 will come installed with often seen "dot dot 16" and "1Z16" headcodes at either end, while the preserved pair of D9002 and D9009 will come with "1Z55" and "0Z55".

We can’t offer every single one, but it’s a good cross section and if you want to customise further you can always get the scissors/scalpel out too.

Hope that helps!

Fran

Hi Fran,

Thankyou for your detailed reply on this, which I didn’t just find to be helpful, but was exactly what I had in mind!

Honestly, I’m not at all surprised that you’d already addressed this, the Accurascale brand really is way ahead in every respect.

Thanks again,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Shed,

Hope that helps!

Fran

It's *almost* like you've put some thought into it,

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Shedmaster said:

Hi all, Good Evening,

Many Thanks,

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Thanks for asking that - I was in the same dilemma, whether to as or not! Very useful for me as I will fit the detail pack to on end and the coupling to the other and therefore run a lot of ‘light engine’ moves in reverse to pick up trains :)

• Like 1