Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

God, don't say that. People will start saying "They know what they're doing." next!

Cheers!

Fran 

Oh don't worry, no danger of that - TWO GWR models but nothing LNER? What's wrong with you? :D

• Funny 6

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

The factory are working hard to get them on the high seas pre Chinese New Year. Not long left to go now :dancer:

Cheers!

Fran

It’s a miserably drizzly Saturday afternoon where I am, so I’m in the spare room cracking on with new baseboards. Knowing a model like the Deltic is inbound has been a great motivator to get stuck in with a new layout. Well worth all the splinters I’m sure.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, philg said:

Question is - which happens first. 

1. I get the Deltic I’ve preordered

2. I succumb to temptation and preorder a second one??

tending to drift towards the 2nd choice!

I went for option 2... especially as my 'second choice' loco started to sell out.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, drjcontroller said:

Any news on the EM or P4 wheelsets chaps?

Douglas

Designs have been approved and are being readied for production. We'll have details on pricing, etc. soon!

Here's a video of 'Gordon Highlander' running about on a set of the P4 wheels: https://fb.watch/apz9pSSELO/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, OliverBytham said:

It’s a miserably drizzly Saturday afternoon where I am, so I’m in the spare room cracking on with new baseboards. Knowing a model like the Deltic is inbound has been a great motivator to get stuck in with a new layout. Well worth all the splinters I’m sure.

I read that as Sprinters - eew, give me splinters any day!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Serious questions (who, me?!) - 

D9007 - Pinza - when did this loco get it's first splat of yellow ends?

D9020 - Nimbus - same question please?

I have D6700 on order from Locomotion (I'll ask in that thread when that loco got yellow daub) - I'd prefer to get Nimbus with its part yellow ends as I think they look a but better than no yellow, but want the all-green D6700 to still be green at the same time. If not I will seriously consider Pinza.

Ta :)

• RMweb Gold

Without trying to contradict myself, but I’m both optimistic and pessimistic about their arrival.  The optimist in me is glad that the light is at the end of the tunnel and the wait is nearly over, but the pessimist in me see’s the Chinese New Year as a huge elephant in the room and they won’t arrive in the UK until March/April time.

Either way, I’m 100% sure I’ll have mine for my birthday in June :sungum:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

The factory are working hard to get them on the high seas pre Chinese New Year. Not long left to go now :dancer:

Cheers!

Fran

Can you post the ship name so we can track them coming home please :locomotive:

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ac1874 said:

So it is 23 days for the factory to get them finished and out the door, then no doubt some fun and games getting a container on a boat, then we can all log on to marinetracker.com!

Or Train? Increasingly overland rail is being used to move goods from the East to Europe. Becoming more cost effective and time-competitive than shipping in the current environment.

Then there's always airfreight to meet the deadline.....

Once goods are in a container, I doubt the sender nor the recipient will ever know which ship it ends up on (or ships - could easily be transported on more than one)

Perhaps one of the models should have had a GPS tracker fitted??

• Funny 2