Heljan announce O gauge Clayton

Andy Y

success....Ben emailed me and we have looked at various problems with Heljan particularly the headcodes. He acknowledges the situation and that's a good start and he seems keen to improve things and sort these unnecessary errors. Sounds positive and I look forward to the class 17 and a score of 10/10.  

Morning,

Just to follow up on this message from Chris, as someone who has been reviewing Heljan models since the OO Class 47, the inconsistency in headcode character typefaces is something that has always irritated me too and I am on the case. It's all the more frustrating when some are perfectly acceptable and others, like the new Class 25s, are not so good.

I've already had a conversation with the Danish office about improving them for all future models and as I'm now checking the artwork before it goes to production, we *should* be able to sort this issue fairly quickly and easily. 

Have a good day.

Ben

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

Hi.

Thanks for engaging with customers in this instance. Hopefully the start of an improvement in Heljan models and customer relations. All the best!

Morning,

Just to follow up on this message from Chris, as someone who has been reviewing Heljan models since the OO Class 47, the inconsistency in headcode character typefaces is something that has always irritated me too and I am on the case. It's all the more frustrating when some are perfectly acceptable and others, like the new Class 25s, are not so good.

I've already had a conversation with the Danish office about improving them for all future models and as I'm now checking the artwork before it goes to production, we *should* be able to sort this issue fairly quickly and easily. 

Have a good day.

Ben

• Like 1

Hi.

Thanks for engaging with customers in this instance. Hopefully the start of an improvement in Heljan models and customer relations. All the best!

Yes. Good to have direct contact with those in charge and grateful to Ben for responding and promising to help solve the problems. Just one little point regarding the headcodes. Ben states some are perfectly acceptable (which they may be) but I have checked my Heljan models and I don't think they have EVER got the headcodes correct as they have never used the correct font so letters like "A" will always have the centre bar too high and letters like "B" and number "8" always appear with a small top ring when they should have both the top & bottom ring the same  (if that makes sense). Anyone know the name of the correct font...this might make it easier for Heljan to get it right?

You are all going to go off and check your models now aren't you??

As a matter of interest, does the same problem exist with the OO models?..I don't have any so can't check this.

Either way, this should be the start of a new era of models that are so accurate we wont have anything to moan about....I'll drink to that.

• 4 months later...
On 21/11/2018 at 13:20, Andy Y said:

Design work was completed earlier this year and the first engineering prototype samples of the O gauge Class 17 are expected to arrive in the UK early in 2019.

Has anyone heard more about the EP samples? I’m very curious. 

Paul

7 hours ago, brian daniels said:

Patience Paul, Heljan have a lot on the go at the moment.

Thank you so much for your very valuable advice about how I should manage my emotional state. It’s most thoughtful of you. 

Heljan apparently promised something by “early 2019”. It’s entirely possible I'm so inept I’ve missed the EPs. This was a gentle request for any information I may have missed. 

But now I’ll go and work on developing my patience. :)

paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

Morning, 

We were hoping to have the first tooling shots of the 17 in time for Glasgow show, but during our recent visit to China we were informed that the first samples will arrive in early May (so not that far away now). As soon as we have them, we’ll circulate some photos. 

Thanks 

Ben

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...
On 20/04/2019 at 09:24, 61661 said:

Morning, 

We were hoping to have the first tooling shots of the 17 in time for Glasgow show, but during our recent visit to China we were informed that the first samples will arrive in early May (so not that far away now). As soon as we have them, we’ll circulate some photos. 

Thanks 

Ben

Did I miss these? 

Forgive my impatience - I’m hugely looking forward to this release. 

Paul

• Funny 1

• 9 months later...
On 02/09/2019 at 10:03, Fenman said:

Hattons have just emailed that the revised estimated delivery date is now June/July next year. 

Paul

I guess unsurprisingly, Hattons is now showing these as having slipped again, this time to October-December 2020. 

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Another Hattons email to announce a revised delivery date for these Claytons — now allegedly due sometime between January and March. 

It’s better news than for Heljan’s 0 gauge Mk2s, which are now apparently scheduled to arrive between January and March 2022

Plenty of time to save up, I guess. 

Paul

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Fenman said:

That's exciting (for me): an email from Hattons that they have just processed my order for Heljan's Claytons. So obviously they have arrived. Hurrah!

Paul

me too. According to DPD it will be delivered tomorrow but last time I had one of those advices from Hattons it was delivered the day after. DPD are useless

• Agree 1