Heljan announce re-tooled Class 86 in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, letterspider said:

Rails announced imminent delivery of the 86 in February; does anyone have any other information?

Yes, it would be good to know given that I will be budgetting for two of them, with maybe a couple more to follow. Love a can or several. Can Ben perhaps shed some more light.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 97406 said:

Yes, it would be good to know given that I will be budgetting for two of them, with maybe a couple more to follow. Love a can or several. Can Ben perhaps shed some more light.

I think Ben put in another thread (I think it was the thread with the Jenny Kirk interview in) that they would post when they had delivery info suggesting they don’t know at this point.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Markwj said:

I think Ben put in another thread (I think it was the thread with the Jenny Kirk interview in) that they would post when they had delivery info suggesting they don’t know at this point.

Most manufacturers post all over the place when they actually have any info but that doesn't stop some people on here asking "are we there yet?" regardless!

8 hours ago, 97406 said:

A couple of weeks ago I was told that they were en route to Denmark, but I haven't heard anything since. They cannot be not far away though. As soon as we have confirmation of delivery, we'll post a full update on our Facebook page. Apologies for the vagueness, but international shipping is somewhat unpredictable at the moment, for obvious reasons. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Thanks Ben for looking in and letting us now. If they are in the EU then no doubt they will take longer than they normally would have done - post Brexit.

Just means I have more time to save up!

No problem. Happy to help if I can. Unfortunately everything is now taking longer and costing more to ship than it did before Jan 1st. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, 61661 said:

A couple of weeks ago I was told that they were en route to Denmark, but I haven't heard anything since. They cannot be not far away though. As soon as we have confirmation of delivery, we'll post a full update on our Facebook page. Apologies for the vagueness, but international shipping is somewhat unpredictable at the moment, for obvious reasons. 

Thanks, Ben, they’re on the water / in transit so to speak which is good to know. The day job involves working with many customers that manufacture offshore in the Far East, and much ‘fun’ and shenanigans is being had landing the goods at their final destination due to Brexit. Some have managed to open EU operations (or UK operations in the case of those in the Republic of Ireland) with their own warehouses, but this is costly and many of the remainder are experiencing red tape and delays. Anyhow, current state of affairs aside, I’m looking forward to these, and the Zebedees to follow! 

• Like 1

I do apologise if its been covered before but are there plans for an 86/2 at a later date?

I would very much like to produce my own ultimate 86213 "Lancashire Witch!"

2:47 Massive thank you to the amazing Roy Harrison for all the wonderful memories!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 02/03/2021 at 03:46, 97406 said:

What an appropriate nickname. 

• Funny 3

On 04/03/2021 at 03:02, InterCitySpud said:

I do apologise if its been covered before but are there plans for an 86/2 at a later date?

I would very much like to produce my own ultimate 86213 "Lancashire Witch!"

2:47 Massive thank you to the amazing Roy Harrison for all the wonderful memories!

We do plan to work our way on to the Class 86/2s after we've completed the 86/4s. Planning and research is already underway, but we need to deliver what we've already promised before moving on to more '86s'! 

Hope this helps

Ben

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, 61661 said:

We do plan to work our way on to the Class 86/2s after we've completed the 86/4s. Planning and research is already underway, but we need to deliver what we've already promised before moving on to more '86s'! 

Hope this helps

Ben

Thank you very much Ben for that clarification. This is such an important model the class 86 and huge thanks for bringing it up to date. I'm ordering an 86/0 but I'll be needing a lot more blue 86/2s so look forward to it greatly!

Edited by InterCitySpud
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Blue /2s are what im after too, as well as a couple of /0's.  None of those in the first batch are fitted with mw jumpers, any chance these could be supplied loose?

Not possible to supply MW jumpers with this batch as they are complete and already in transit. As part of the work to do the 86/4, we have also completed extra CAD versions to enable the production of MW fitted 86/0s and 86/3s at a later date. 

Hope this helps

Ben

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 61661 said:

Not possible to supply MW jumpers with this batch as they are complete and already in transit. As part of the work to do the 86/4, we have also completed extra CAD versions to enable the production of MW fitted 86/0s and 86/3s at a later date. 

Hope this helps

Ben

There is a good chance that my blue one on order at the moment may get some stuck on, and a platey-over headcode box if I can get (or make) some bits that look just right. It’s a shame that only a couple of 86/2s got dominoes as the look suited them. Mind you the loco fleet spans any time from the late 60s to the 80s, with the odd temporal anomaly happening when I fancy mixing and matching, so it may just retain the 0O00. :)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, 61661 said:

Hope this helps

Ben

Heljan seem even more determined to rob my savings account.  Great news that the /2 and /3s are coming at some point even if the bank think otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

10 hours ago, 97406 said:

There is a good chance that my blue one on order at the moment may get some stuck on, and a platey-over headcode box if I can get (or make) some bits that look just right. It’s a shame that only a couple of 86/2s got dominoes as the look suited them. Mind you the loco fleet spans any time from the late 60s to the 80s, with the odd temporal anomaly happening when I fancy mixing and matching, so it may just retain the 0O00. :)

86235 + 86251 I believe (had dominos).

Possibly also 86243?

Can anyone confirm or advance?

Will defo be trying to recreate one of these in due course!

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Something like this?

8687MUJumpers.jpg.5b1d7d80168b94ab80774498445398a2.jpg

Are they your own prints or available somewhere? The other important part is an accurate plated over headcode box with the little lip around the edges. The Hornby model with headcodes incorrectly has the lip, but it’s handy when modelling the plated boxes. It’s extremely fine detail so difficult to model properly with styrene strip.

On 05/03/2021 at 19:12, Craig1989 said:

Sorry if I’ve missed this but how easy is it to fit sound to these? 

We had a little look at the prototypes for other technical reasons some time ago and I can assure you that much like the 25/3 the 'sound guys' have been listened to and there is a very generous amount of space provided for sound of your choosing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Opelsi said:

86235 + 86251 I believe (had dominos).

Possibly also 86243?

Can anyone confirm or advance?

Will defo be trying to recreate one of these in due course!

86244 late '79 to late '81

I only have 86251 down as the other, but will check out 86235 now.

There were also 11 with the early style offset headlight.