Heljan announce re-tooled Class 86 in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, stovepipe said:

I see one has appeared on ebay before they have reached the shops.

Heljan 8650 Class 86/0 E3104 in BR blue with lion on wheel emblem 'as built' (OO | eBay

I'm not sure how that works.

6 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

The price seems somewhat low as well.

Roy

And has a nice crack/chip in the paintwork in the front corner of the cab roof... of course I couldnt possibly know that from the photograph as the description says “and never removed from the box”.

Still, money back guarentee... only, the picture shows the damage and the seller could say that.

catch 22.

ho hum.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

And has a nice crack/chip in the paintwork in the front corner of the cab roof... of course I couldnt possibly know that from the photograph as the description says “and never removed from the box”.

The use of stock photos on an ad like this always makes me wary, personally.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 61661 said:

Interesting. The photo is one of mine, showing one of the first decorated samples we received last year (hence the damaged paintwork, which has been cured on subsequent production). Whoever is 'selling' this has pinched the photo from our Facebook page to try and make it look as though they have them earlier than everyone else. I'd be very wary of buying from this seller. Always buy new stock from a recognised retailer and a Heljan official stockist if you can! 

Hi Ben,

Have you addressed this to ebay themselves? Even without the use of a photo without permission, pre-selling has to follow strict guidelines that this listing does not. I am sure as the manufacturer your opinion would carry more weight....

Roy

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 61661 said:

Always buy new stock from a recognised retailer and a Heljan official stockist if you can! 

I certainly will be doing just that!

The hard part is deciding which of 4 potential variations to go for...

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had a couple of mails today from Hattons saying they’ll be in tomorrow (subject to the usual caveats). It means I don’t have to pay for them until June courtesy the credit card company. Which is nice!

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, 97406 said:

I’ve had a couple of mails today from Hattons saying they’ll be in tomorrow (subject to the usual caveats). It means I don’t have to pay for them until June courtesy the credit card company. Which is nice!

Same here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 61661 said:

Interesting. The photo is one of mine, showing one of the first decorated samples we received last year (hence the damaged paintwork, which has been cured on subsequent production). Whoever is 'selling' this has pinched the photo from our Facebook page to try and make it look as though they have them earlier than everyone else. I'd be very wary of buying from this seller. Always buy new stock from a recognised retailer and a Heljan official stockist if you can! 

Can you sue him for copyright infringement?  eBay should ban him anyway

Edited by D9001

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, 61661 said:

As I 'watched' the item on ebay, I have now been sent a 5% discount offer - £147.25 +p&p

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SGP said:

You are only saving about £6 on box shifter prices anyway.

That does not matter here - the listing breaches ebay rules, is below what I believe is a minimum price and has breached copyright. the description is also misleading as it suggests the item is in hand, which it is not. 

Need we go on?

I get suspicious about listings like this. There were similar listing a few years ago for the DJ Models J94 Wilbert - shortly after a number had "fallen of the back of a lorry". I contacted the DFR who were the involved in this model and who were the sales body and they were, indeed, not legit.

Roy

Picked up mine this morning and I'm really impressed, especially with the underframe detail, it really does look excellent - I'll forward some photos later. We'll done Heljan.

At first, some of the weathering was similar on mine, but I spread the odd cluster using my finger and it's fine. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, gazwire said:

Picked up mine this morning and I'm really impressed, especially with the underframe detail, it really does look excellent - I'll forward some photos later. We'll done Heljan.

At first, some of the weathering was similar on mine, but I spread the odd cluster using my finger and it's fine. 

Great! Really looking forward to your photos.