KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

Well done KR Models, £50 deposit paid, awesome project and I look forward to seeing the results, whenever that is, take your time, no one died from a model being delivered a bit later than expected.  #getsomeperspectivepeople.

Dan

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Many thanks for answering.

I didn't actually ask for your costings just why shippng wasn't included. Without it no funder can receive their model, so surely it would be expected to be included.

The preliminary date for delivery on the website is December 2019, as this is just 8-9 months is this now achievable?  

This to me means the December date is just a placeholder to elicit favourable responses and that the project is open ended with no clear indication as to whether it will ever fly.

Surely it would be better to put a final cut off date for EOI and deposits.

Postage costs in the UK will be minimal around £4.50.  However, without knowing how many units we will be posting then I can't negotiate a rate with the Post Office.

The forecasted delivery date was based on things happening quicker than has actually taken place.  If everyone pays by the end of this month as requested then we will be looking at about 14 months from the signing of the contract.  The EOI has been fulfilled, all that remains is for those who actually signed up, to honour their commitment by paying the deposit.  A confirmed delivery will be set once we can proceed.

Just to answer an unwritten question.  If the project does not move past this point, everyone will get back their deposits.  They are being held in trust until we reach our target number.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Alf Tupper said:

Well done KR Models, £50 deposit paid, awesome project and I look forward to seeing the results, whenever that is, take your time, no one died from a model being delivered a bit later than expected.  #getsomeperspectivepeople.

Dan

Many thanks Dan for your support.  We intend to produce the best model we can, to set a benchmark for KR Models.  I want it to be a name that people will associate with quality.

7 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

I’m in New Zealand. Other customers will be in UK, Australia, USA, many other countries so having shipping included wouldn’t work because each country will be a different cost to ship to. 

Shipping internationally will have to be done on a certain rate.  I don't have the dimensions or actual weight as yet.  So far we will be shipping to 9 different countries.  Shipping charges will be at cost.

8 hours ago, No Decorum said:

If the GT3 appears and is well designed and manufactured, KR will have a track record.

What next? The other two gas turbines? 10800? Dare I say it? Even the F-F-F...

No, I don’t dare.

We have to plans to do the Fell, the Hush Hush, plus the other two GT's.  We may also have a nice surprise in the next few months if my current research pans out.  Even the Leader could be a possibility.

4 hours ago, Willie Whizz said:

I myself have held-off placing an Expression of Interest so far, until rather more information becomes available.

But can I just suggest, Gentlemen, that now the project developer has joined this Website and appears willing to engage in some discussion about it, we should at least treat him with basic courtesy and politeness in asking our questions and seeking clarifications, rather than 'demanding' answers in  - it seems to me - a rather brusque manner?  There is a risk with any new-to-market entrepreneur that they become so discouraged, they conclude "Stuff 'em, then!", and take their ball home, and the whole exercise puts back the appearance of any model of the proposed subject for years more.

While this market does not have many companies, there are more that are coming forward.  I took the very BOLD step to introduce a model that does not exist in preservation or even has much information on, but we conquered that hurdle and now we want the factory to make it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, KR Models said:

The EOI has been fulfilled, all that remains is for those who actually signed up, to honour their commitment by paying the deposit. 

Going on past examples...I wish you luck with that one..

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:32, adb968008 said:

I’ve bought tons of stuff across the globe,

zero duties on model railways..

however Royal Mail charges £8 as a handling fee + 20% VAT.

so on this model your looking at..

£185

and if it’s being sent to you, from outside the EU (or UK depending on events), you can expect..

£37 VAT

£ 8 Royal Mail handling fee*

So £225, unless the guy behind this venture sets up a UK entity, and receives the goods to it,  ships from it and runs it as a UK business and files UK accounts.

I guess it rather depends if VAT is included in the £185 price. If not then my understanding is that you won't escape paying VAT on it regardless of whether the guy sells from a UK based company or not.

The customer in the UK always pays VAT when buying from a retailer either on the shop/retail price if it is not already included or as part of it if included (that's why it needs to be checked/confirmed) . If it is sold for importing from abroad then the RM will collect the VAT on behalf the HMRC from the customer. No difference to what you end up paying (apart from the handling charge).

2 hours ago, grahame said:

I guess it rather depends if VAT is included in the £185 price. If not then my understanding is that you won't escape paying VAT on it regardless of whether the guy sells from a UK based company or not.

The customer in the UK always pays VAT when buying from a retailer either on the shop/retail price if it is not already included or as part of it if included (that's why it needs to be checked/confirmed) . If it is sold for importing from abroad then the RM will collect the VAT on behalf the HMRC from the customer. No difference to what you end up paying (apart from the handling charge).

As it stands right now, the distribution will be from the UK.  So the standard VAT will apply.  This is included in the retail price of the model.  There will be no handling charge and postage should be about £4.50.  so total cost £189.50

European customers are going to be an ongoing issue until Brexit is finalized once and for all.  The rest of the world will have to pay local duty and any import charges, we can't cover all bases, the volumes are too low.

Can I just ask, everyone is going on about the OO version, what is happening with the N gauge version?

The personal email sent refers to a deposit on the OO version only and somewhere earlier on in this thread I'm sure I read, a separate mail would be sent regarding the N gauge version, but with EOI being a lot lower in N than OO would this part of the project actually come to fruition ?

Bob

9 hours ago, KR Models said:

We have to plans to do the Fell, the Hush Hush, plus the other two GT's.  We may also have a nice surprise in the next few months if my current research pans out.  Even the Leader could be a possibility.

Wow!

2 hours ago, Shiney Sheff said:

Can I just ask, everyone is going on about the OO version, what is happening with the N gauge version?

The personal email sent refers to a deposit on the OO version only and somewhere earlier on in this thread I'm sure I read, a separate mail would be sent regarding the N gauge version, but with EOI being a lot lower in N than OO would this part of the project actually come to fruition ?

Bob

Hi Bob,

We really would like to bring the GT3 out in N, but there just seems not to be that much interest.  We have to make a certain amount to justify the tooling costs to produce a model in N.  May I suggest that if you are on any N gauge Facebook groups then you can promote it there.  I'll set up a dedicated EOI just for N, it may take more time, but it may happen.  I would hate to see the N scalers miss out on having this loco run around their layout.

31 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Hi Bob,

We really would like to bring the GT3 out in N, but there just seems not to be that much interest.  We have to make a certain amount to justify the tooling costs to produce a model in N.  May I suggest that if you are on any N gauge Facebook groups then you can promote it there.  I'll set up a dedicated EOI just for N, it may take more time, but it may happen.  I would hate to see the N scalers miss out on having this loco run around their layout.

I'm certainly interested in the N Gauge version. Keith you might wish to post on the existing thread on the N Gauge Forum...

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43590.0

• RMweb Premium

You mean there's a chance of GT3, Fell and Hush-Hush in N Gauge? Where do I sign up?

- Literally, where do I sign up? I can only see deposits being taken for the OO Gauge version...

Steven B.

8 hours ago, Steven B said:

You mean there's a chance of GT3, Fell and Hush-Hush in N Gauge? Where do I sign up?

- Literally, where do I sign up? I can only see deposits being taken for the OO Gauge version...

Steven B.

Hi Steven,

This are just possible models we would like to bring to life.  However, one at a time, so be still your beating wallet.

• Funny 1

On 04/03/2019 at 10:22, chris p bacon said:

Many thanks for answering.

I didn't actually ask for your costings just why shippng wasn't included. Without it no funder can receive their model, so surely it would be expected to be included.

The preliminary date for delivery on the website is December 2019, as this is just 8-9 months is this now achievable?  

This to me means the December date is just a placeholder to elicit favourable responses and that the project is open ended with no clear indication as to whether it will ever fly.

Surely it would be better to put a final cut off date for EOI and deposits.

Mr Grilled Rashers,

The KR chap has advised the Locos will  be shipped from China to the UK for distribution worldwide or even outer Bedfordshire.  Similar to other Manufacturers MO.

"The finished models will be shipped from the factory direct to the UK for distribution, therefore you will not need to collect yours from Canada as was previously suggested.  Nor will you be paying the import duty.  The VAT has already been added and will be deducted if you live outside of the EU. Hence you wont have to worry about paying or returning it to China as this Nor will you gave to worry about the imports taxes these will be included in the price points listed."

I'd Certainly love one of these models myself.

All the best.

George.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Just thinking ahead, an affordable LNER Hush-Hush would be an amazing addition. The Golden Age one is far above the pockets of most modellers. But let’s get the GT3 out first. 

• Agree 1

I,m in a dilemma here.

i have assembled all the bits required to build my own GT3 and Fell locos. Just need to find time on the work bench to do so.

The trouble is that an RTR model is going to be far better. Do I put all the bits in the bin and buy the RTR versions?

No dilemma on the Hush Hush, I built mine from a south eastern Finecast kit 20 years ago. And it still runs a dream.

post-15098-0-19963200-1538511120_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

I,m in a dilemma here.

i have assembled all the bits required to build my own GT3 and Fell locos. Just need to find time on the work bench to do so.

The trouble is that an RTR model is going to be far better. Do I put all the bits in the bin and buy the RTR versions?

No dilemma on the Hush Hush, I built mine from a south eastern Finecast kit 20 years ago. And it still runs a dream.

post-15098-0-19963200-1538511120_thumb.jpg

Swap a kitbuilt loco of that quality that you've built yourself, is repairable and will probably last forever, for a RTR plastic one?  You've lost me......

/