KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, KR Models said:

If you have the time and the patience to go through the NRM archives, you can get the original drawings for the GT3.  Then you approach a factory, and say, 'build this', pay them some money and 14 months down the line you have a 20ft container with trains in it.  That's the simplistic approach.  

Like others I was under the impression that the NRM didn’t have any substantial data on GT3, reinforced by links such as this

https://wikivividly.com/wiki/British_Rail_GT3 (see ‘surviving records’ section)

From m your reply quoted, Is all the design work, initial CAD, EP’s through to tool cutting and manufacturing being done by the same factory for you?

7 hours ago, KR Models said:

If you have the time and the patience to go through the NRM archives, you can get the original drawings for the GT3.

Since your statement is contrary to published information on GT3, I am sure that you will not mind giving us the NRM reference numbers for the drawings in question - I assume that you are not referring to the Skinley drawing.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

Are you aware Mike Edge (Judith Edge Kits) has recently released a kit for the Fell?

Cheers

Paul

11 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Were Heljan aware Judith Edge made a kit for the Heljan Class 05 shunter?

I fear you are comparing apples with oranges here Paul.

Mike.

9 hours ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi

Someone  mentioned scratchbuilding a Fell therefore I thought it a good idea to point out that a kit exists that was all.

Cheers

Paul

My apologies Paul, I thought you were referencing KR's plans for the Fell.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

We have had the Fell kit since last September, price £95.

DSCF4003.JPG.30e2fae24fcdc00dca359de9f1e9c7ed.JPG

Nearly completed first test etch posed at Herculaneum Dock.

WP_20171113_13_23_53_Pro.jpg.61c9b189badf8600320e72c9976541dd.jpg

Completed, running under Caryl Street bridge on its way to Manchester.

WP_20171113_13_40_31_Pro.jpg.96552bafdc8ec60b17dd04f40586c97e.jpg

Being turned on Brunswick's 60ft turntable.

Michael Edge

Judith Edge kits

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, oleander said:

Since Kr Models is an unknown what happens if some one is not happy with there model ,can it be returned for a full refund ?

weather it be in China or the UK will KR models be inspecting each model prior to shipping? By KR models I mean you and not the factory. As Chines quality control can be very hit or miss.

Regard

John

Under UK distance-selling regulations it's my understanding that option to return is a legal requirement.

HTH

17 hours ago, KR Models said:

If you have the time and the patience to go through the NRM archives, you can get the original drawings for the GT3.  Then you approach a factory, and say, 'build this', pay them some money and 14 months down the line you have a 20ft container with trains in it.  That's the simplistic approach.  

I was quite impressed with your PR work up until this post.

Seeing how even the most experienced and knowledgeable development engineers at the main model companies, from time to time, fail to understand what a line on a drawing means, I think you are putting too much faith in your suppliers.

I will not quote any examples but the relevant threads on the forum will soon illustrate what I mean. In some cases models are produced with errors, In others long delays occur. Eight years trying to get it right in one instance is I believe the longest delay. Fourteen months you say?

If the drawings really do exist then please be aware that in many cases official drawings do not correspond to what was actually built. Several well known manufacturers have fallen into that trap.

I wish you luck, but your approach seems to me to be far too simplistic.

Bernard

• Agree 3

There are a number of threads on the validity of what we intend to produce.  It will be cross-referenced between the drawings at are available and stock photos, which we have lots.  Once we have CAD photos then you can make your own mine up.  It will be better than the resin version, which plenty have been sold, considering there is no actual chassis too.  

8 hours ago, polybear said:

Under UK distance-selling regulations it's my understanding that option to return is a legal requirement.

HTH

There will be a standard 30 day returns policy (you pay the postage to UK address), and a 1 year manufacturers warranty coverage for breakdowns. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2019 at 11:08, JSpencer said:

I,m in a dilemma here.

i have assembled all the bits required to build my own GT3 and Fell locos. Just need to find time on the work bench to do so.

The trouble is that an RTR model is going to be far better. Do I put all the bits in the bin and buy the RTR versions?

No dilemma on the Hush Hush, I built mine from a south eastern Finecast kit 20 years ago. And it still runs a dream.

post-15098-0-19963200-1538511120_thumb.jpg

Have you solved your dilemma and taken the plunge are order a GT3?

• Like 1

I thought I would post an update for the GT3 project.

The contract has now been signed with the factory and now the CAD is underway.  Also, now we have an expected delivery date of the 2nd quarter of 2020.  We couldn't say anything before until we had enough interest in the GT3 to start the ball rolling with the Factory.  The provisional date we gave at Warley was contingent on being able to get enough from Warley to start the project, whilst we got a lot of interest, it just wasn't enough.  CAD photos will be posted on the Facebook page and website as we get them.  

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Looks like good progress is being made. Let's keep an open mind, even though I am not into crowdfunding if this produces a good model then I will be pleased for KR Models and their backers. 

• Agree 1

On 11/03/2019 at 01:19, polybear said:

HTH

That is correct, however, you pay for the postage to return the item, and we have the right to charge a restocking fee as the item is not defective within 30 days of receipt.

• RMweb Premium

No you don’t. Online (or other unseen) purchases can be returned within 14 days of delivery for a full refund. You may request the buyer pays return postage, as you’ve said. 

You can theoretically charge a restocking fee on items returned after 14 days. Bit rubbish though. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, KR Models said:

That is correct, however, you pay for the postage to return the item, and we have the right to charge a restocking fee as the item is not defective within 30 days of receipt.

So will you charge a restocking fee, and if so how much?

• RMweb Premium

As I said, under the Consumer Contract Regulations he cannot legally charge a restocking fee for items returned within 14 days of delivery. He can theoretically for items accepted after 14 days, but it's pretty off, and very uncommon practice.

It all depends were KR models is registerd . In Canada He can do what he wants as our regs dont cover over sea purchases. In the Uk the regs apply . As we still dont have an address for this company we dont know on the postage and consumer wrights.
In fact most of the points made on here by KR models have not been put on the website as the website is very very poor. Sorry I have seen many bad websites and this is one . All the photos are avaible on Google so nothing new and and no imformation of an value is there.
It would have been nice if KR models had answered the questions posted about the model .
As we are now in the second quater of 2019. 1 year to build and designe a loco well good luck .

John

7 hours ago, oleander said:

It all depends were KR models is registerd . In Canada He can do what he wants as our regs dont cover over sea purchases. In the Uk the regs apply . As we still dont have an address for this company we dont know on the postage and consumer wrights.
In fact most of the points made on here by KR models have not been put on the website as the website is very very poor. Sorry I have seen many bad websites and this is one . All the photos are avaible on Google so nothing new and and no imformation of an value is there.
It would have been nice if KR models had answered the questions posted about the model .
As we are now in the second quater of 2019. 1 year to build and designe a loco well good luck .

John

Hi John,

I think that nearly all the concerns have been addressed and answered.  It would be very hard to add new pictures of the GT3 considering it was scrapped back in 1966.  We will be providing information and pictures as they become available from the factory.  Seeing has the project is now underway, we are on schedule for delivery of the 2nd quarter of 2020 for delivery.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, oleander said:

John

My mum told me ages  that if you've nothing nice to say, say nothing.

• Like 1