KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

3 hours ago, KR Models said:

Hi John,

I think that nearly all the concerns have been addressed and answered.  It would be very hard to add new pictures of the GT3 considering it was scrapped back in 1966.  We will be providing information and pictures as they become available from the factory.  Seeing has the project is now underway, we are on schedule for delivery of the 2nd quarter of 2020 for delivery.

Please show me were .

your website has zero info . You have never answer the questions on  loco spec sheet ,you have said it will be a good model . I am sure brio say there trains are good. Very open ended  statment . Thats why i aked you were you do you see your model ie pick a model on the market and say we are aiming for that quality . Were is your registerd company address ? no info on the website ,I put it to you for the second time will all what you say on here and facebook be put on your website ?

Referance the coment about new photos . I am aware she was scraped in 1966 it more for you to show us what you intend to make maybe some of thoes planes you have ,

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, oleander said:

better ask your mum if asking question to get answer is allowed . Or maybe you have the answers

John

I'm merely pointing out out to you that there are polite ways of asking questions, and you don't appear to be demonstrating them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, 96701 said:

I'm merely pointing out out to you that there are polite ways of asking questions, and you don't appear to be demonstrating them.

Fully agree with you. CAn another manufacturer really have poisoned the crowdfunding name so much that people have to be so distrustful? He is being transparent on here with us and by doing so he is leaving a digital trail that would be very easy to follow if he did anything as bad as running off with anyone’s money. Have a little faith Oleander. Just out of interest, have you reserved a model and paid a deposit?

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Fully agree with you. CAn another manufacturer really have poisoned the crowdfunding name so much that people have to be so distrustful? He is being transparent on here with us and by doing so he is leaving a digital trail that would be very easy to follow if he did anything as bad as running off with anyone’s money. Have a little faith Oleander. Just out of interest, have you reserved a model and paid a deposit?

Many thanks Hilux, I have been as open as possible.  Just so all you know the GT3 project is going ahead.  I have not bought a villa in Spain.  There will be CAD drawings coming soon as we have them.  

I am curious though, just how many have put their money where their mouth is?  I very much doubt Oleander has or Crips P Bacon.  

• Agree 1

On 03/04/2019 at 15:22, oleander said:

Please show me were .

your website has zero info . You have never answer the questions on  loco spec sheet ,you have said it will be a good model . I am sure brio say there trains are good. Very open ended  statment . Thats why i aked you were you do you see your model ie pick a model on the market and say we are aiming for that quality . Were is your registerd company address ? no info on the website ,I put it to you for the second time will all what you say on here and facebook be put on your website ?

Referance the coment about new photos . I am aware she was scraped in 1966 it more for you to show us what you intend to make maybe some of thoes planes you have ,

John

What planes??

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

Well @oleander have you reserved a model? Are you any part of this crowdfunding project? Or just an outsider putting his two penneth in to stir the pot and be a nuisance? 

....Or perhaps an interested party who would like a warmer, fluffier feeling who'd like to see what he'll actually be getting before handing over any hard-earned cash?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, polybear said:

....Or perhaps an interested party who would like a warmer, fluffier feeling who'd like to see what he'll actually be getting before handing over any hard-earned cash?

It would appear that the supposedly optimistic advocates of KR Models are surprisingly nervous that any form of negative, or even ambivalent comment could derail this project.

If this proposal was being promoted in an open and transparent manner, there would be no opportunity for some of us to be cynical - and we might even be motivated to place orders.

Just my two penn'orth,

John Isherwood.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

There are some very interesting comments being made on here but are spoilt by weird grammar and some interesting spelling  that actually changes the meaning of the message.

I might ask my mate Clive to build me one out of old plastic bits.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:48, Hilux5972 said:

CAn another manufacturer really have poisoned the crowdfunding name so much that people have to be so distrustful? 

I think this is a significant part of the problem. We could point to Revolution as an example of crowd funding done well but unfortunately I suspect it is another supplier with a much less impressive record in crowd funding who has made a bigger impression.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, KR Models said:

What planes??

on the 10th of March you quoted

If you have the time and the patience to go through the NRM archives, you can get the original drawings for the GT3.  Then you approach a factory, and say, 'build this', pay them some money and 14 months down the line you have a 20ft container with trains in it.  That's the simplistic approach.  

May be thoes plans ??

On that samw day I asked about a spec sheet you still now answerd that or any questions on the model ?

John

9 minutes ago, oleander said:

If you have the time and the patience to go through the NRM archives, you can get the original drawings for the GT3.  Then you approach a factory, and say, 'build this', pay them some money and 14 months down the line you have a 20ft container with trains in it.  That's the simplistic approach.  

May be thoes plans ??

On that samw day I asked about a spec sheet you still now answerd that or any questions on the model ?

John

Firstly, if you have a problem such as dyslexia, ignore the following and accept my apologies.

..... otherwise, either type slower or check what you've typed; and don't forget capital letters, punctuation, etc.

That way, we may well be able to understand your postings.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Firstly, if you have a problem such as dyslexia, ignore the following and accept my apologies.

..... otherwise, either type slower or check what you've typed; and don't forget capital letters, punctuation, etc.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi John

I do have Dyslexia and thank you for your post .

John

8 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Well said John, I was thinking the same thing.  At least proof read it first.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, oleander said:

May be thoes plans ??

John

john,

if you look back I have answered the questions about the model.  It will be loco driven, have a 5 pole skew motor, pickups in the tender, a stay alive feature in the decoder.  White lights in the front and red lights in the tender.  Because of funding, we couldn't ask for specific as we didn't know if the project was even going to get off the ground.  However, since it's launch there's been an overwhelming take-up and support for the GT3.  Even considering the bad press other crowdfunding projects have suffered from.  That being said, I have listed my operating address on the website, I'm not limited so don't have a registered address.  Just so you know it's taken a long time to get to this stage of the project, and finally, it's all coming together.

Shall I assume that you won't be putting your deposit down?

P.S.  I too am Dyslexic, so youre not alone.  

Edited by KR Models
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, KR Models said:

I am curious though, just how many have put their money where their mouth is?  I very much doubt Oleander has or Crips P Bacon.  

Insulting or questioning your customers doesn't do you any favours.

I decided against ordering one as you've no track record and I personally don't have confidence in 'crowdfunding' at present.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Insulting or questioning your customers doesn't do you any favours.

I decided against ordering one as you've no track record and I personally don't have confidence in 'crowdfunding' at present.

That is purely your view, however many do not share that view.  It will succeed and hopefully restore a little faith in the little guy trying to make it.  

Edited by KR Models
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, KR Models said:

It will succeed and hopefully restore a little faith in the little guy trying to make it.  

I hope it succeeeds,  but customers must remember you are a commercial manufacturer using their money at risk, and using terms such as 'little guy' gives the wrong impression. 

• Like 1

Likewise, I hope this project succeeds. However, I have been stung too many times over the years to commit to a project initiated by someone with no track record. I hope I can make a positive suggestion. Would it be viable to produce a reasonable number of models more than those ordered and paid for? If the model appears and reports of it are good, I should think that quite a few people who have not committed money in advance will want one. It would not, I think, be unreasonable to charge a small premium, say £15 or so, to reward those who put money up front and penalise the faint-hearted, such as me. The extra cash might help to hurry the next model along and, I dare say, a lot more people would be prepared to put money up front.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

That’s a good idea NoDecorum. Keith that sounds like a good way to do it. Not a huge amount extra, but some to give those who weren’t willing to risk any money a chance to get one. Just charge em more haha

• RMweb Premium

I think for it to work the difference would have to be more than £15, my own attitude would be why get involved in crowd funding, risking money and paying for something months in advance of delivery if the saving is only fifteen quid? I think to make crowd funding worth thinking about there has to be a genuine incentive, either the model will be limited to crowd funded orders only or there is a significant price saving relative to waiting to buy one after release.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can confirm, hand on heart, that we have passed the breakeven point, so I have no worries with the funding to be able to complete the model.  Yes, this is our launch model, the feedback has been excellent, considering as everyone has suggested we have no track record, no product to even show.  We do want to restore faith in this new venture so that others can learn from it and succeed too.  We want to be around for years to come.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1