KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

56 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I hope that you've been taking note of what happened to the last guy who announced an announcement !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Yes John, completely.  That's why we're announcing the announcement 5 full days ahead of our announcement.

Edited by KR Models
  • Funny 2

48 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

7mm GT3?

Now, this has been on our radar, should we dip our beautifully manicured toes into the murky world of O gauge.  We may just have to put up and expression of interest link to see what the reaction might be.  

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 02:45, KR Models said:

We are working on getting the plans for the Hush Hush.

It's not my era or region, but I would seriously be all over a quality 00 model of the W1 Hush Hush like flies on poop!

(Unfortunately, we don't have a flies-on-poop emoji!)

2 minutes ago, truffy said:

It's not my era or region, but I would seriously be all over a quality 00 model of the W1 Hush Hush like flies on poop!

(Unfortunately, we don't have a flies-on-poop emoji!)

It might take a while to get into production, but it's on the wish list

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KR Models said:

Now, this has been on our radar, should we dip our beautifully manicured toes into the murky world of O gauge.  We may just have to put up and expression of interest link to see what the reaction might be.  

I’m sure the GT3 in oo will be good but it’s not my scale. 7mm is and yes I would be interested if the price was right, I think you may get a lot of support on that one.

1 hour ago, delticfan said:

I’m sure the GT3 in oo will be good but it’s not my scale. 7mm is and yes I would be interested if the price was right, I think you may get a lot of support on that one.

I'll ask the factory for a quote and see if it is viable.  I would guess the price point would be around £500-£600, DCC ready.

2 hours ago, KR Models said:

I'll ask the factory for a quote and see if it is viable.  I would guess the price point would be around £500-£600, DCC ready.

Seeing as Hattons are looking for £750 for an A4 and A3 I think you’re in the right ball park there, not sure how many you would need to sell to make it viable.

3 hours ago, delticfan said:

Seeing as Hattons are looking for £750 for an A4 and A3 I think you’re in the right ball park there, not sure how many you would need to sell to make it viable.

There's where we have to look at the production costs vs customers vs price.  Over price it, not as many will buy, price too low, you need more customers.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/05/2019 at 15:46, KR Models said:

It might take a while to get into production, but it's on the wish list

Hello Keith

Above is your response to Truffy's request for the LNER Hush Hush.

Not only is it on your wishlist, but It has been High Polling in the annual Wishlist Poll since 2013. It entered The Top 50 for the first time in 2018 at approximately equal position 19 overall.  It was the most-wanted LNER steam loco.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Keith

Above is your response to Truffy's request for the LNER Hush Hush.

Not only is it on your wishlist, but It has been High Polling in the annual Wishlist Poll since 2013. It entered The Top 50 for the first time in 2018 at approximately equal position 19 overall.  It was the most-wanted LNER steam loco.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

We have started the research of the Hush Hush, it's gonna take some time to bring to market. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

End of the week technically is Sunday. 

Be still your twitchy palms, you guys have no patience at all :crazy_mini:

So it has been suggested that we were a scam, just out to take peoples money, have no credibility at all.  Yet the sales of the GT3 do not support this theory.  So just to show openness here is two of the development stages of our CAD work.

As you can see the chassis is almost complete and the basic shape of the body is nearly there.  In a few weeks, the CAD work will be complete and the Tooling starts in July.  

1.png

2.png

20 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Really ?!?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi, KR did say early development CADs. But clearly still a way to go. However, for balance (given the “tears at bedtime” on another forum) what is important....and being done, is a regular information flow of the projects progress - well done! Keep the good work up. {FYI I’ve put my money where my mouth is}! 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Fantastic looking CADs so far. 

1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Really ?!?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

As there isn't a prototype to scan then all CAD will be from ground zero. Getting the basic body shape is the most important (to me) after that adding detail is fairly straightforward.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, miles73128 said:

Hi, KR did say early development CADs. But clearly still a way to go. However, for balance (given the “tears at bedtime” on another forum) what is important....and being done, is a regular information flow of the projects progress - well done! Keep the good work up. {FYI I’ve put my money where my mouth is}! 

It was also said that "As you can see the chassis is almost complete and the basic shape of the body is nearly there.  In a few weeks, the CAD work will be complete and the Tooling starts in July".  

As someone who has modelled this prototype, I feel these statements to be optimistic in the extreme.

I watch and wait!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

It was also said that "As you can see the chassis is almost complete and the basic shape of the body is nearly there.  In a few weeks, the CAD work will be complete and the Tooling starts in July".  

As someone who has modelled this prototype, I feel these statements to be optimistic in the extreme.

I watch and wait!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

We will both watch and wait then! My assessment will be on the evidence when completed. 

Good to see the CADs underway but would agree, the several weeks to July seems short to get tooling underway. Especially as some thoughts on how many parts, how to produce each part, order of assembly etc have yet to be thought through - so good deal of work still required. (And doubtless some checking the CADs are correct needs to be done too - otherwise it would quite quickly become the "not the definitive model we had hoped for" if features are missing, incorrect, incorrect size etc!). 

Good for KR Models if they achieve all that so quickly, but no bad thing if we loose a month or two either.

I personally am not interested in GT3, but am interested in how the model develops and comes to market as one of the possible future projects does interest me.

I wish this project well, and hope those who have been brave enough to pay a deposit in good faith are rewarded with a top notch model.

If this proves to be a success (and from the regular update, it is certainly promising) then that will absolutely instill confidence in future endeavours (as well as being a thumbed nose at the nay-sayers)

Good luck, and I hope to deal with you in the future!

Cheers

20 hours ago, Littlethorpe said:

Hi Keith - I made an EOI for the N Gauge version which I really hope goes ahead. Any news on how this is looking?

David

Hi David,

We are getting more interest, but it's a very slow uptake.