KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold

Looking good. I was a little concerned with the original one posted (not sure why - it's not a model I plan to buy, although I do wish it success!) but the new one is starting to take shape nicely.

6 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Any chance of posting the latest CAD images here for those of us who don’t have Facebook?

You don't need an account on facebook to view it. Anyway I am posting the images below, I hope @KR Models won't mind?

I'm really liking the looks of it! Have absolutely no need for one, don't have the money for one, still want an N gauge one.

1.png.68f940d141fa7b3b7b5faad8694aca2d.png

2.png.93837ef7e37e455c041835f0b0de23ea.png

3.png.e88532bc6ed173bcd34805c7143c032d.png

Might I add, a huge thanks to @KR Models for being very forthcoming about the whole project, other manufacturers have ruined the process of "crowd-funding" for many, and many of the members here on RMweb can be quite nasty now when it comes to such projects. I've already seen quite a few snappy posts here on this thread, and I hope this doesn't discourage you.

May I please know if there's a deadline for E.O.I. for the N gauge version? If there's a deadline I'd probably not be able to pay up for a model, however if you're gonna have E.O.I. open until you reach the required figures, I'm sure at some point I'd have the money ready.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

You don't need an account on facebook to view it. Anyway I am posting the images below, I hope @KR Models won't mind?

I'm really liking the looks of it! Have absolutely no need for one, don't have the money for one, still want an N gauge one.

1.png.68f940d141fa7b3b7b5faad8694aca2d.png

2.png.93837ef7e37e455c041835f0b0de23ea.png

3.png.e88532bc6ed173bcd34805c7143c032d.png

Might I add, a huge thanks to @KR Models for being very forthcoming about the whole project, other manufacturers have ruined the process of "crowd-funding" for many, and many of the members here on RMweb can be quite nasty now when it comes to such projects. I've already seen quite a few snappy posts here on this thread, and I hope this doesn't discourage you.

May I please know if there's a deadline for E.O.I. for the N gauge version? If there's a deadline I'd probably not be able to pay up for a model, however if you're gonna have E.O.I. open until you reach the required figures, I'm sure at some point I'd have the money ready.

Cheers!

No, you can post away.  I don't have a problem with being open, to a degree.  What I do take offense at is when someone openly criticizes my integrity on an open forum, without any shred of evidence.  The proof in my business and model making skills will be in the finished product.  Sales have been very strong for the GT3, which is very encouraging for the next project.

There is no deadline for the N or O gauge EOI, as we are low on the numbers for both so far.  

Edited by KR Models
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KR Models said:

What I do take offense at is when someone openly criticizes my integrity on an open forum, without any shred of evidence.  The proof in my business and model making skills will be in the finished product. 

Can I just point out that there is a bit of a contradiction in your statement.  

If anybody questioned the project or yourself,  it was because you are an unknown without any evidence (as yet) of bringing such a project to fruition, so why wouldn't people question you ? How else might they gain confidence?

As I've said before, I hope the project succeeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

Can I just point out that there is a bit of a contradiction in your statement.  

If anybody questioned the project or yourself,  it was because you are an unknown without any evidence (as yet) of bringing such a project to fruition, so why wouldn't people question you ? How else might they gain confidence?

As I've said before, I hope the project succeeds.

The comments that I took offense at were against my credibility as a person without any evidence.  That had nothing to do with the GT3 project.

• Thanks 1

Hey again,

Just went by your website. Think I may have found a glitch. Both the links to the N gauge and O gauge GT3 go to the same O gauge EOI form.

Any idea if that can be looked into? I tried yesterday, and today as well from both my laptop and mobile phone and got the same results.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Hey again,

Just went by your website. Think I may have found a glitch. Both the links to the N gauge and O gauge GT3 go to the same O gauge EOI form.

Any idea if that can be looked into? I tried yesterday, and today as well from both my laptop and mobile phone and got the same results.

Cheers!

I got the same.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, KR Models said:

The comments that I took offense at were against my credibility as a person without any evidence.  That had nothing to do with the GT3 project.

From a personal credibility point of view, it would help if your real name was in the signature of every posting.

12 hours ago, KR Models said:

Your initial mistake was the lack of introductory information at the time of the project launch, and some statements about research which did not convince those of us who had undertaken the same process.

First impressions are paramount, and any hint of mystery can lead to suspicion - which, once triggered, is very difficult to eliminate.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

In addition, the Cooper Craft saga has made many cautious on RMWeb (understandably so, as many have lost money) when it comes to dealing with Small Suppliers; being a new, previously unknown Supplier (and not based in the UK) only adds to the caution.

It was the large scale glossy advertising that sounded a warning bell with me. Plus the uncertainty regarding customer protection legislation in different countries and the uncertainty over postage costs and from how the model would be delivered.

As John Isherwood points out first impressions count.

As a person who for various reasons likes to be addressed by name and likes to know who I dealing with by name I found the singular/plural changes and the lack of a signature a bit disturbing.

The comments about research were a bit hard to take in, as was the projected  product to market time span.

The work on the CADS is encouraging.

I wish you luck.

However in the UK market there are people who do pick up on such things.

I don't expect you to come on here and call people "mate". We all know where that attitude leads to.

However a spot of research into the UK market and the mentality of the UK punter could well have avoided some of the sceptical comments. 

Bernard

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm reluctant to contribute, as I'm not a backer, but in the interest of constructive criticism I've also found that you seem(ed) to have a sense that you were somehow doing the modelling fraternity a favour and people should be thanking you. You bristled very readily at not unreasonable questions. Yes, perhaps people were quick to dig into your personal life, but you're a one man band and you didn't proffer the information straight away. Being based in Canada is a big issue, and things like that are best fronted up to IMO, not mentioned in the footnotes down the line because you don't consider it a problem.

IMO there's no place for aggression and sarcasm from a manufacturer trying to establish themselves (and that's what you are - no one has seen anything from you, trust is hard earned and easily lost), you need a thick skin, and to just ignore stuff you deem excessive, or report to the moderators if it truly oversteps a mark.

Let your products do the talking - the GT3 is a fascinating prototype, so I watch with interest. More manufacturers is always a good thing!

Edited by njee20
  • Like 1

Okay, if I posted this on Facebook what would your reaction be? Would you think it's genuine, an enthusiastic amateur or a con? Would you give me money seeing as you don't know who I am or what experience I have (I've never posted any photographs of my modelling for example)?

Hello everyone.

I really like The Great Bear. If you send me £200 you can have one.

My name is JB Models and I live in Nigeria

Without being funny. That's similar to what I was seeing. As pointed out above, first impressions count.

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Okay, if I posted this on Facebook what would your reaction be? Would you think it's genuine, an enthusiastic amateur or a con? Would you give me money seeing as you don't know who I am or what experience I have (I've never posted any photographs of my modelling for example)?

Hello everyone.

I really like The Great Bear. If you send me £200 you can have one.

My name is JB Models and I live in Nigeria

Without being funny. That's similar to what I was seeing. As pointed out above, first impressions count.

Jason

I'll have 5, will cash be OK?

Mike.

• Funny 3

19 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Hey again,

Cheers!

I must apologise, I hadn't noticed the same form on both links.  

I am at a loss to understand why the keyboard warriors / assassins out there, having made their choice not to invest in this project, seem to think that they have a  God given right to continue posting negative comments regarding everything KR Models say or do.

You are hardly showing any evidence of British fair play and it would seem that you are wishing the project to fail so you can shout out loud 'I told you so'!  Will you still be around and big enough to say 'Well done, I got it wrong' when a good model of GT3 arrives next year?

Give KR Models a break and keep your non invested comments to yourselves.

Your negative attitude will hardly encourage future investors in our hobby.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5