KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Edge said:

There was also talk on the KR Models Facebook page of a reveal at the exhibition today - anyone got any info for those of us who couldn’t make it?

I belive it was the body shell test print. I must say it was very nice .

John

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

There were two bodyshells at GETS today.

Quite a big stand, are they still available to order?

Yeah two body shells on display today. The detail was pretty good for a first sample. I believe the order book is closing soon but I can't remember when. 

1 hour ago, truffy said:

Until 30.11.2019, apparently: https://krmodels.co.uk/gt3.html

Still no update on the drive though?

For the drive mechanism both versions are going to be tested fully to see how they cope before a decision is made. They are hoping to have a fully working EP by warley. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gary_lner said:

For the drive mechanism both versions are going to be tested fully to see how they cope before a decision is made. They are hoping to have a fully working EP by warley. 

Jus before the order book closes. Cool!

I didn’t realise that they were testing more than one mechanism though. 

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, truffy said:

Jus before the order book closes. Cool!

I didn’t realise that they were testing more than one mechanism though. 

One has gears to each wheel as well as the coupling rods, the other has drive to one axle but still has a rather convoluted way of getting there unless that has been changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With all the mass complaining about which gearing we are going to use, we're having two examples to test to make sure we provide the best possible.  We DO want to get this right.

The order book closes on Nov 30th.  

Yes, we have the first test prints.  We've spotted a few errors already, but they are quick fixes, nothing too bad.  

And before anyone gets on their soapbox, we ARE still on schedule.  

I'm posting this as a courtesy, I don't have to do this.  Anyone who wants a GT3 has ordered via the website.  That's all the acknowledgment I need that we are bringing the right product to the market.

20191009_120555.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, KR Models said:

With all the mass complaining about which gearing we are going to use, we're having two examples to test to make sure we provide the best possible.  We DO want to get this right.

Yes, we have the first test prints.  We've spotted a few errors already, but they are quick fixes, nothing too bad.  

I'm posting this as a courtesy, I don't have to do this.  Anyone who wants a GT3 has ordered via the website.  That's all the acknowledgment I need that we are bringing the right product to the market.

20191009_120555.jpg

I too would comment that the test print looks good - though it's not to easy to make a reasoned judgment on this view.

We could make more helpful comments if you could perhaps provide square-on, side and front elevations.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I too would comment that the test print looks good - though it's not to easy to make a reasoned judgment on this view.

We could make more helpful comments if you could perhaps provide square-on, side and front elevations.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Once we have the full EP samples in, it will be easier to highlight all the issues in one go.  They rushed it out so that we'd have something to show for the GETS show this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Just now, KR Models said:

Once we have the full EP samples in, it will be easier to highlight all the issues in one go.  They rushed it out so that we'd have something to show for the GETS show this weekend.

Fine - and any comments from me will be constructive.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KR Models said:

Since the GT3 was a straight-sided 4-6-0 (plenty of room inside), and with me being a bit of an engineering numpty, I was simply confused as to why you didn't just choose a tried-and-tested 4-6-0 mechanism rather than a more complicated design. Not meaning to ruffle feathers, jus' sayin' is all.

4 hours ago, KR Models said:

Anyone who wants a GT3 has ordered via the website.

Not quite. I'm interested, but haven't yet ordered. I look forward to the outcome of the testing.

Edited by truffy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, KR Models said:

20191009_120555.jpg

And with that kind of attitude you wonder why sales are not up? Rule 1 is not to attack potential customers and that includes blocking people on Facebook. People are going to poke holes to ensure that it is right, and if its not what you want to hear its better to ignore rather than be offended. If the orders are coming in its what you want. Keep those who are happy, Happy 

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, woodenhead said:

There were two bodyshells at GETS today.

Quite a big stand, are they still available to order?

I spoke to the people on the stand yesterday about the project and they are still available to order but the good news they have over a 1000 orders placed fo rthe model but they hope to have a EP one at Warley.

Other things that where discused was the "Western Region" Gas tubine's and the DHP1 Clayton" , but for now they want to get GT3 done .

I hope that is of intrest foe people.

Terry  

• Informative/Useful 1

Guest LU Standard Stock

I was really interested in an RTR GT3, been wanting one for years. But I must say that is quite an attitude for a manufacturer to have. I think I'll pass. I can only imagine the storm if Hattons had reacted to the critical comments about the 4 & 6 wheel carriages in the same manner.

• RMweb Gold

LU I agree but it's probably water off a duck's back to KR.

I'm still undecided about purchasing a GT3. My decision will be based on the model so I have to ignore KR's attitude and look beyond that, but unfortunately that same attitude makes it difficult for me to get the information I need to make my decision.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, LaGrange said:

And with that kind of attitude you wonder why sales are not up? Rule 1 is not to attack potential customers and that includes blocking people on Facebook. People are going to poke holes to ensure that it is right, and if its not what you want to hear its better to ignore rather than be offended. If the orders are coming in its what you want. Keep those who are happy, Happy 

LOL. Are you getting one then Blaine, err Mr La Grange.

The Sample looks good, As the KR chap says as few tweaks here and there. Always a model I have longed for and I have the golden arrow one to build but I dont think I will now given this should be a masterpiece.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, KR Models said:

20191009_120555.jpg

Looks pretty good!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Has Gerald Ratner become a model railway manufacturer....:rolleyes:

If the EP looked good I was going to order, I even sold some stuff on Ebay to fund it. But quite frankly I'm f****d if I am now.

Based on your eloquent posting history on this thread it strikes me that you and KR have been trolling each other in equal measure.  Nevertheless I’m sure that the loss of your custom will be devastating.

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Has Gerald Ratner become a model railway manufacturer....:rolleyes:

If the EP looked good I was going to order, I even sold some stuff on Ebay to fund it. But quite frankly I'm f****d if I am now.

The problem is that this is not an EP. It is a "Test Print" whatever that is supposed to be.

Some time ago we were shown the tooling under way. Now we seem to have gone backwards.

Here we have an out of focus at one end photograph, with a terrible background and lighting, taken from an angle that shows nothing discernible in the way of dimensions. I don't have to say that. That is a free report from my old day job in QA.

I work on the "Would you buy a used car from this man?" principle.

I see nothing yet to give me any confidence.

As for GR. It is chalk and cheese. At least he could write a good professional presentation letter, as he did once when he asked about joining our cycling club.:D

Bernard

• Like 3