KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

Why stop at BR blue, why not go the full hog with Intercity Swallow or Virgin Trains livery or any other fictitious livery.  Anything to boost sales.   Keith has had a credibility issue with some members here and then this livery is promoted,  perhaps April 1st, 2020 delivery.   The loco was a one off prototype in a defined livery and a defined operational time span.   Stick to reality and reap the rewards.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, oleander said:

Go start at the beginning of were I posted not half way through. I was making a reply to Stans post were he quoted me.  You need to read a whole conversation from the start  to get in context . Ok forums make that hard .
You will find I was surjesting KR models sell them . It was Stan who said:I guess you could always back your theory and order half a dozen yourself and sell them on eBay. My reply was based on If I was in the position of Keith I would . As I am not I cant . The numbers I was using would be based on KR cost.

I have. Hence my comments.  I’m afraid I don’t appreciate your somewhat patronising tone.  As my posts say, whether you are buying and reselling or acting as a manufacturer and ordering extra, the position you are putting forward does not make economic sense.  Your understanding and representation of commercial costing/pricing structures, what an eBay price represents and risk, is based on a series of misunderstandings/false premises as a number of people have pointed out.  

10 minutes ago, oleander said:

Ok 1000 does not  change what I was getting at.  Has KR models ever quoted that Figgure ?

Not that I'm aware of here, at least. The closest is this:

On 13/10/2019 at 21:46, Trainshed Terry said:

I spoke to the people on the stand yesterday about the project and they are still available to order but the good news they have over a 1000 orders placed fo rthe model but they hope to have a EP one at Warley.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please forgive if already mentioned (I spent many minutes trawling through previous pages to no avail). I finally decided to order a GT3, and got as far as the payment page on the KR website. The credit card option didn't work. Is paying by Paypal the only option, and if so, why?

30 minutes ago, locoholic said:

Please forgive if already mentioned (I spent many minutes trawling through previous pages to no avail). I finally decided to order a GT3, and got as far as the payment page on the KR website. The credit card option didn't work. Is paying by Paypal the only option, and if so, why?

If you go back to page 15 you can see when credit cards were replaced by Paypal - website problems was the reason given.

I would ask KR Models why the website issue hasn't been resolved and why it was that Paypal was then enabled and is now the only option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KR Models said:

Here you go, the first EP sample.

20191122_142553.jpg

Not bad at all !! Congratulations.

The question of whether there were grilles over the exhaust ports has long been the subject of debate - do you have evidence; (photographic or otherwise); for those on the model?

Will you be adding the roller bearing caps over the crankpins - and the chequerplate walkways above the battery cases?

Above the tender steps / handholes, the fuelling doors were outlined and marginally raised - presumably that is detail yet to be added?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 2

Looking good. 

KR have also just announced they are taking expressions of interest to do the Fell in black and also in green. I have signed up and I am sure that many more will; the Fell will probably be just as popular as their GT3 if not more so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Not bad at all !! Congratulations.

The question of whether there were grilles over the exhaust ports has long been the subject of debate - do you have evidence; (photographic or otherwise); for those on the model?

Will you be adding the roller bearing caps over the crankpins - and the chequerplate walkways above the battery cases?

Above the tender steps / handholes, the fuelling doors were outlined and marginally raised - presumably that is detail yet to be added?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

The exhaust grills were in the drawings but removed during testing.  The crankpin covers were just plain and would cover the nuts on the conrods.  The chequer will be added over the battery boxes and loco steps. There are some other minor details that will also be corrected prior to final production.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, KR Models said:

The exhaust grills were in the drawings but removed during testing.  The crankpin covers were just plain and would cover the nuts on the conrods.  The chequer will be added over the battery boxes and loco steps. There are some other minor details that will also be corrected prior to final production.  

Excellent - note also that the bogie and tender axlebox covers carried the SKF logo in white.

Regards,

John Isherwood

9 hours ago, D9001 said:

Looking good. 

KR have also just announced they are taking expressions of interest to do the Fell in black and also in green. I have signed up and I am sure that many more will; the Fell will probably be just as popular as their GT3 if not more so.

I’ll be ordering! Will look good with my GT 3. Now what heck did it sound like??

• RMweb Gold

Reference earlier discussions about an address, the sign up page for expressions of interest in the Fell includes a full postal address. 

KR Models, 166 Marlborough PL NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T5T 1Y6, CA, http://www.krmodels.co.uk.

Apologies if this has already been covered.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1