KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

@Mr Decorum

Interesting Video. 

Yuo can change this now>>> Why can’t we have a Fell? Six engines for the price of one. It’s got to be a bargain!

Done. Some people are never satisfied. If 10800 does appear, I’ll be wanting Class 70s. Electric Class 70s. :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

18 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'm impressed with what we saw this afternoon. We should have opportunity to see it on a rolling road, and maybe hear it tomorrow.

Hi

If you go to the Legoman biffo stand . You can ask to hear the Gt3 sound . they have it in a rail car. I listened to it. I was very impressed. Really good sound and not to over powering .

John

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, Ryde-on-time said:

They do look good but are the samples on show motorised and has anyone seen one move?

One of the main concerns was the design of the drive system which different numbers of gears driving each axle?

There wasn't any means of showing it moving. The only one that moved was the 121 bubble car on the Legomanbiffo stand that had the sound chip fitted. 

24 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

When first announced I was concerned of the mechanics of this project, who, what, where, when and how, over the last year my reservations weren't convincingly addressed, which was a bit frustrating as a potential customer. 
It was worrysome, to pay to a paypal account who’s only source was a POBox in remote Canada.

Its time to give credit where its due..

58837F23-53DE-43CA-B386-C4321A0AA9F6.jpeg.2e875819d46221d5b86d677a4a2a58ff.jpeg

They have produced a very good EP. It exists, a 4 part body, and tender.

Ive held it today, its good, its heavy. 
C795A2C0-B81A-446D-8405-8BBEE7498BE2.jpeg.74b1f666f396bbd8f943ca98dcddae80.jpeg

Keith explained they have two different drive mechanisms to test. The loco will have its headcode disks changed to allow different configurations and lights. The air intakes are to be flushed a bit more.

They are doing the right thing.

I now have businesses cards, with contact addresses in the UK and Canada. They have a delivery plan.

2B897DF8-D93D-455C-9F67-98D7F13A3D66.jpeg.ef39061833142517d01dfd0b2b20ef5b.jpeg

Finally Keith is quite hospitable in person.

ED9F0EA8-2680-44C9-88D8-A7787EB89674.jpeg.a2b8fc05630158dbdc4b4b5499f557ea.jpeg

Theyve gone a long way in a year, further than some others.

8839D1A4-1012-43FE-9D9E-3A69730A9260.jpeg.94e9588288ee4b7d1cc94aa51b2395f7.jpeg

So no more excuses, all concerns addressed, its time to put money where my mouth is, today my order is in paid in full, by Credit Card.

If you want one you don't have long left to place an order.
For some on this forum, maybe its time to make peace with this project and support it.

3DA4E274-7547-4489-A054-0DA1DCFAEDBA.jpeg

BD71C371-CA9D-4EFA-A201-1C0840B77646.jpeg

8CCEE942-418E-4B4A-879B-6FC914F840D3.jpeg

Thanks for the up close pictures and the information. Gutted I couldn't be at warley this weekend to see it in person. But the progress since I saw it in October is great. Is the sound project being done by legomanbiffo? If so I may regret not going for the sound version. Glad to see the feedback on what needs to be improved and the info around the mechanism. It's shaping up to be a great GT3. 

Many thanks Gary 

1 minute ago, gary_lner said:

Thanks for the up close pictures and the information. Gutted I couldn't be at warley this weekend to see it in person. But the progress since I saw it in October is great. Is the sound project being done by legomanbiffo? If so I may regret not going for the sound version. Glad to see the feedback on what needs to be improved and the info around the mechanism. It's shaping up to be a great GT3. 

Many thanks Gary 

Yes Legomanbiffo is doing the sound chip. He had a sample fitted to a 121 bubble car at Warley. I only preordered a DCC ready version but after hearing it I'm going to email them to upgrade before the book closes. Only the chassis/performance remains to be seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Yes Legomanbiffo is doing the sound chip. He had a sample fitted to a 121 bubble car at Warley. I only preordered a DCC ready version but after hearing it I'm going to email them to upgrade before the book closes. Only the chassis/performance remains to be seen.

Fantastic. How did it sound? Did legomanbiffo so what kind of sounds you can expect etc.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Fantastic. How did it sound? Did legomanbiffo so what kind of sounds you can expect etc.

As the owner of several turbines locos with sound. I can say this is one of the best. The spool up was very nice and the turbine not to over powering.
There was brake squeal,whistle two diffrent ones i think ,buffer clank and guards whislte.

I would say worth the money .

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Are you sure?

They're saying that there are still tooling amendments to be made.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

100% positive-

KR Models

ORDER #30xx

Your order is on the way

Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

would seem to indicate its on its way.

• Like 1

To day I ordered a sound version.  Every Time I passed the KR Models stand it was packed.
When it was first anonced I was not sure. But affter seeing the model to day i was convinced this will be a great model. For thoes who are still thinking. All I can say is I am glad that I have ordered. Seeing the model sold it.
On great idea I saw on the model is the way the eletrical conection is made between the  loco and the tender. Very nice idea . Also the way they are going todo the lights. You lift or lower the disks to select which lights you want on
John

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 minutes ago, oleander said:

To day I ordered a sound version.  Every Time I passed the KR Models stand it was packed.
When it was first anonced I was not sure. But affter seeing the model to day i was convinced this will be a great model. For thoes who are still thinking. All I can say is I am glad that I have ordered. Seeing the model sold it.
On great idea I saw on the model is the way the eletrical conection is made between the  loco and the tender. Very nice idea . Also the way they are going todo the lights. You lift or lower the disks to select which lights you want on
John

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

Very nice. Looks a little bit like the connection on the stirling single. Does it feel like a strong connection when it's joined up? Apologies for all the questions. 

15 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Very nice. Looks a little bit like the connection on the stirling single. Does it feel like a strong connection when it's joined up? Apologies for all the questions. 

To be honest I dont know. There were two EP on the table one in a case and one out. The one out they would allow people to handel etc so it was never coupled to the tender. Given the rest of the quality of the loco I would think it will be able to handle a good load on the end of the tender.
John

1 hour ago, oleander said:

image.png

A small point - the bonnet edge handrails were in sections, with small gaps in between them; the sections coincided with the individual roof panels.

There is something incorrect in the siting of the handrail stanchions in that they don't coincide with the panel joints. There should be an end stanchion against each panel joint for each panel; as modelled, it would not be possible to lift the individual roof panels.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Informative/Useful 1