KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Does anyone fancy a KR models GT3 00 chassis?, I'm wavering over buying it for the body only and whacking a High Level and others EM gauge chassis under it.

Mike.

Why? The Golden Arrow resin body is very good and, in conjunction with the available detailing kit, makes up into a totally acceptable model of GT3.

image.png.d69843429224df25f2f8c9815ef64d4e.png

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Why? The Golden Arrow resin body is very good and, in conjunction with the available detailing kit, makes up into a totally acceptable model of GT3.

image.png.d69843429224df25f2f8c9815ef64d4e.png

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Don't you have to chop the Golden Arrow body and increase the length by 4mm?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 30/11/2019 at 09:23, cctransuk said:

Yes - if 4mm. bothers you that much; (it did me) !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Do you have the details of where the error is please? I believe you said you cut & shut anothe body into it, but I'm looking at the possibility of something a tad cheaper.....

Stewart

4 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

Do you have the details of where the error is please? I believe you said you cut & shut anothe body into it, but I'm looking at the possibility of something a tad cheaper.....

Stewart

Stewart,

You can add the 4mm. anywhere in the parallel part of the bonnet / battery boxes / running board.

If I had been unable to obtain a second body moulding, I intended to laminate some U-shaped layers of plastic card, and attach them to one half of the cut body. I would then have trimmed back the outside of the laminations flush with the outside of the body moulding, and then attached the other half of the cut body. Only when the adhesive had thoroughly cured would I have trimmed back the interior of the laminations.

This may seem complex, but it is essential that the two parts of the body are exactly aligned, in order to avoid a 'bendy' body.

Alternatively, do as I did and ask Golden Arrow if they can sell you a reject body. If so, cut both bodies at different locations 4mm. apart, so that you can join a long 'front' to a long 'back.

Regards,

John.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hornby magazine have just posted a video on YouTube. It also features in the latest magazine on sale today. 

Things already confirmed by KR Models on Facebook for being looked at is the side waggling, loco pickups (this sample only had tender pickups) I also notice it seems rather tall/buffer height is high on the tender. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Why dont any videos show it stopping and starting or running slowly?

The only assumption is it goes from zero to sixty in about 0.3 seconds and is crap at low speed operation.

Edit-

Just seen the reply below from KR Models, its a sample so fair enough, it is a work in progress.

Edited by royaloak
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Hornby magazine have just posted a video on YouTube. It also features in the latest magazine on sale today. 

Things already confirmed by KR Models on Facebook for being looked at is the side waggling, loco pickups (this sample only had tender pickups) I also notice it seems rather tall/buffer height is high on the tender. 

Like I said before we only got the sample on the Thursday before the show, and didn't get chance to do anything with before it was whisked away to be photographed.  But considering we have brought a sample to show only 8 months from taking the first deposit, not to mention this is our FIRST model, I think we're doing pretty well.  These issues will be fixed.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

42 minutes ago, royaloak said:

Why dont any videos show it stopping and starting or running slowly?

The only assumption is it goes from zero to sixty in about 0.3 seconds and is crap at low speed operation.

Edit-

Just seen the reply below from KR Models, its a sample so fair enough, it is a work in progress.

The sample is far from the final pre-production sample.  What other manufacturer show you every step of the process.  I don't see Bachmann or Hornby sending out videos of their models prior to release?

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, KR Models said:

The sample is far from the final pre-production sample.  What other manufacturer show you every step of the process.  I don't see Bachmann or Hornby sending out videos of their models prior to release?

Hence the edit in my post but please do feel free to have a dig at one of your customers for having the audacity to ask a question about a model he has ordered even after he has corrected himself!

Which distance selling regs are you using again, is the the UK or one of the many US or Canadian ones?

Edited by royaloak
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KR Models said:

Hornby & Bachmann do not ask customer to finance models by paying up front so not a fair comparison.

Those that do such as RevolutioN do try and communicate throughout the development of their models, it seems to be appreciated and they are applauded  for it

TBH we've seen many models from the likes of Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol and so on at various stages from the design phase, right through all the sample phases and onto production samples and finally the models.

Not attacking your business or anything, just pointing out that other manufacturers do that also.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KR Models said:

What is your query? Email me direct keith@krmodels.co.uk

The rather simple question is exactly as is written in the post you quoted, which distance selling regs are you using so we know our rights, what dont you understand about the question?

Why dont you want it made public which regs you are using, surely you realise I would post them up on here anyway, but it would obviously be best if you posted the information yourself?

All this avoiding the question stuff makes me think I have thrown my money away like I did with another individual recently!

If you want my email I can contact you using one of my throwaway ones, I am not making my proper one public otherwise my employer could find out who I am and as I post some things which shouldnt really be made public I would like to avoid that!

Edited by royaloak
  • Agree 1

In fairness to KR Models - regarding the running of the model - they did say it arrived the Thursday before Warley and no opportunity to run it in AND there are TWO drive mechanisms under evaluation. I shall wait patiently until the model has been put through the hoops.

I thought I read elsewhere that it had been acknowledged that this very first sample was a little rough in its running and was one of other matters picked up before anything goes into production.

In respect of the long distance selling regulations, I don't think I'm covered as I live outside the UK anyway.

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Philou said:

In respect of the long distance selling regulations, I don't think I'm covered as I live outside the UK anyway.

Cheers,

Philip

You will be covered, either the French version or one of the many US and Canadian versions, unfortunately it would appear to be a secret as to which ones he is going to use, probably ones from some tiny Pacific Island or something giving us no rights whatsoever hence the secrecy!

Well - perhaps. I just hope I won't need to make a call on the French version as I'm having a run-in with French Administration at the moment concerning Double Taxation and it could be a long long drawn out affair :(.

Cheers,

Philip

13 minutes ago, royaloak said:

hence the secrecy!

I don't know what you mean by "secrecy", since we tried to get you to email us to answer the question, knowing full well it would be posted here, so that neither party can edit either side of what was said, making sure nothing is misinterpreted. But apparently that was reaching too much, so I apologise.

Secondly, our delivery regulations are as follows:

1. Once we announce via newsletter/Facebook/on our website that the models have been dispatched for delivery, there will be a 30 day period in which you should receive the model. If you do not receive the model within those 30 days, you can contact us and get another one sent to you, while we collect the other one still in transit. 
  2. Once you receive the model, there will be another 30 day period in which you may return the model for a full refund, provided the packaging isnt damaged, the model isnt damaged, and the model has not been tampered with in any way. After that 30 day period, the model will not be able to be refunded or returned.
  3. If for what ever reason the model is dysfunctional or damaged in anyway upon delivery, or proceeds to break down or cease function during the 12 month period following delivery, provided that the model has not been tampered with in anyway outside of standard operation, then the model can be replaced free of charge (delivery is free also).
  4. All packages are delivered and tracked by the Royal Mail, meaning that all packages will need to be signed for upon delivery.

I hope this answers your question, any more questions and i'll try to answer as best as I can.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, KR Models said:

I don't know what you mean by "secrecy", since we tried to get you to email us to answer the question, knowing full well it would be posted here, so that neither party can edit either side of what was said, making sure nothing is misinterpreted. But apparently that was reaching too much, so I apologise.

Secondly, our delivery regulations are as follows:

1. Once we announce via newsletter/Facebook/on our website that the models have been dispatched for delivery, there will be a 30 day period in which you should receive the model. If you do not receive the model within those 30 days, you can contact us and get another one sent to you, while we collect the other one still in transit. 
  2. Once you receive the model, there will be another 30 day period in which you may return the model for a full refund, provided the packaging isnt damaged, the model isnt damaged, and the model has not been tampered with in any way. After that 30 day period, the model will not be able to be refunded or returned.
  3. If for what ever reason the model is dysfunctional or damaged in anyway upon delivery, or proceeds to break down or cease function during the 12 month period following delivery, provided that the model has not been tampered with in anyway outside of standard operation, then the model can be replaced free of charge (delivery is free also).
  4. All packages are delivered and tracked by the Royal Mail, meaning that all packages will need to be signed for upon delivery.

I hope this answers your question, any more questions and i'll try to answer as best as I can.

Regarding 2. Just like it says on the web site? (I thought that stated 14 days the last time I looked and with slightly different wording as to qualifying reasons for returns).

Which like your email address is UK based but includes a Canadian physical address.

No wonder some people are feeling rather confused.

Bernard