KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

On 24/09/2020 at 08:49, truffy said:

My guess is that it would have to be more substantial than that or they'll fall off. Otherwise hubcapgate will blow up like axleboxgate before it, with hubcaps falling off in tunnels, awkward scenic positions, etc. And nobody wants that.

Well I also proposed an engineered solution, plus accessory bag with a few spares!

Think that pretty much covers every eventuality, but in the unlikely event of one falling off off at the worst possibly corner and causing a crash, Bachmann do now produce a breakdown crane.  Plus if it had a strong magnet, you could waft a piece of steel in the area you thought you lost it an pick it up.

Maybe hubcaps are too much hassle after all!

Best Wishes,

C. 

On 24/09/2020 at 08:49, truffy said:

My guess is that it would have to be more substantial than that or they'll fall off. Otherwise hubcapgate will blow up like axleboxgate before it, with hubcaps falling off in tunnels, awkward scenic positions, etc. And nobody wants that.

Well I also proposed an engineered solution, plus accessory bag with a few spares!

Think that pretty much covers every eventuality, but in the unlikely event of one falling off off at the worst possibly corner and causing a crash, Bachmann do now produce a breakdown crane.  Plus if it had a strong magnet, you could waft a piece of steel in the area you thought you lost it an pick it up.

Maybe hubcaps are too much hassle after all!

On 24/09/2020 at 18:27, ColinK said:

The Liverpool version didn’t have hubcaps.

Not proposing KR include bricks!

Best Wishes,

C. 

On 04/07/2020 at 17:16, cctransuk said:

Since when did hypothetical discussions become illegal / actionable?

Get a grip, please!

John Isherwood.

They might become actionable, John, if they have an impact on a business, for example if people cancel or don’t place orders as a result of completely groundless comments like some made on here, resulting in the company losing business and therefore income. 

History has numerous examples of hypothetical discussions affecting a business’s reputation and sales. People need to be very careful what they write and put their name to, especially when it is completely without foundation. 

If someone put it about that they wouldn’t place an order with a well known decal company because they just might go bust, even though there were absolutely NO grounds for writing that, you would be pretty annoyed, wouldn’t you?  You would say it was unfair, wouldn’t you? 

And if as a result of that comment you lost business and therefore income,  I wouldn’t blame you for getting your solicitor to drop them a line

By the way, I am a former lecturer in business law so I have plenty of “grip” . 

Edited by D9001
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, D9001 said:

They might become actionable, John, if they have an impact on the business, for example if people cancel or don’t place orders as a result of completely groundless comments like some made on here, resulting in the company losing business and therefore income. 

If iI put it about that I wouldn’t place an order with a well known decal company because they just might go bust, even though there were absolutely NO grounds for writing that, you would be pretty annoyed, wouldn’t you?  

And if as a result of that comment you lost business and therefore income,  I wouldn’t blame you for getting your solicitor to drop me a line about action.  Surely as a businessman yourself you can see that? 

In which case I'd worry about what you've taught your students.

• Funny 3

36 minutes ago, D9001 said:

If someone put it about that they wouldn’t place an order with a well known decal company because they just might go bust, even though there were absolutely NO grounds for writing that, you would be pretty annoyed, wouldn’t you?  You would say it was unfair, wouldn’t you? 

And if as a result of that comment you lost business and therefore income,  I wouldn’t blame you for getting your solicitor to drop them a line

No - I trust my customer and potential customers to make their own judgements, and not rely on tittle-tattle posted on discussion groups.

I certainly wouldn't involve my solicitor - which I don't have - as that would cost me money, to no effect.

Business lawyers, IMHO, are the curse of modern society and can be relied upon to 'action' anything conceivable - so long as there is money in it.

I'll put my trust in common sense, and adhere to the justified contempt that most of us have for the litigious, 'compo' attitude that the legal profession increasingly promotes.

Well - you did pose the question!

John Isherwood.

9 minutes ago, Seastar_44 said:

For goodness sake chaps, please keep it civil.

D9001 started this 'legal' debate on 4th July, by raising the spectre of potential legal action after someone had the temerity, (whilst discussing the advisability or otherwise of making advance payments to new companies with no product record), of saying “If the company folds .....”.

I simply pointed out that the proposition was purely hypothetical, and valid in the context of the situation being discussed.

D9001 has, at this late remove, chosen to reignite the debate by once again making the case for legal action.

In such circumstances my patience is exhausted, and I have chosen to verbalise my honest opinion of those who seek to profit by making mischief from perfectly reasonable debate about a subject which has justifiably exercised us, (and cost members hard cash), for some time.

For that - I make no apology!

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Having been stung by the DJM debacle, I can see why some would be sceptical. Having spent money on a GT3, and not yet received one, so have no idea as to how good it is, I too remain sceptical. 

However I have no intention of either making groundless accusations as to the probity of the manufacturer, nor would I speculate as to what action I would take were I to become disappointed in the quality of the resultant model.

I am with @Steamport Southport, there is no need for tit for tat willy waving.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Agreed.  Alas certain folk here can’t help exposing themselves.

Cheers

Darius

I wasn't meaning those comments.

I mean the derogatory comments about me and people from my home city. One or two comments I can take as long as it's in the right context. Not half a page of them. 

If it was in the jokes section fine. But I came in here to see if there was news, not get insulted with tired stereotypes from the 1980s. What next? Tracksuits and perms.....

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I mean the derogatory comments about me and people from my home city. One or two comments I can take as long as it's in the right context. Not half a page of them. 

I thought that I'd wandered into the Skegness discussion by mistake and had to go back to check. There were 4 jokes about Liverpool, one on the previous page, and three at the top of this.

It's just as well I didn't mention the Mersey joke. Or the dirty spoon for that matter.

Edited by truffy

• RMweb Gold
On 26/11/2018 at 18:46, PrestburyJack said:

Keith Revell of KRModels was at Warley yesterday, promoting this venture.

See below for copies of his flyer:

post-7250-0-52460900-1543257956_thumb.jpg

post-7250-0-16585700-1543256398_thumb.jpg

I asked him what experience he has, and what guarantees he is offering regarding paying up front when he doesn't appear to have a track record of model production. His reply was that his reason for doing this model is because he wants one for his own layout, and that alone is his guarantee that this is a 'safe' venture, as he wouldn't want it to fail because if it does he won't get his either.

On 28/09/2020 at 07:39, Colin_McLeod said:

Just to clarify.... It's not yet due so the phrase "not yet received one"  is misleading.

Leaflet says “due December 2019.”

“I have not recieved one.”

“its not yet due”.

legalese is such a mine field, as all 3 statements are true and factual... i’m sure a good lawyer could spin this as a cure for covid too.

Given were so close to seeing the results, does anyone really care ?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Given were so close to seeing the results, does anyone really care ?

I certainly dont, it can take as long as it need, if it results in a great model and from what I have seen so far, it looks to be a good 'un.

Mike 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

The latest news we have is that it is not much more than a couple of weeks away.

To meet the date given of mid October the container should already be on the ship and on its way here. KR should be easily able to answer that question. 

• Agree 1