KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

5 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

If we're going to play Top trumps over whether someone has enough experience to post on topics I'll raise you.

Self employed for 30+ years, owned own companies for 20+ years.  This gave me money to part fund as well as fully fund several products to come out of this and other Chinese factories, as well as other projects that didn't come to fruition. 

And out of those many years, how many of them did you have to deal with a global pandemic for?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 12

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, KR Models said:

And out of those many years, how many of them did you have to deal with a global pandemic for?

Your original quoted delivery schedule on the prospectus you put out was Dec 2019, you repeated this date when asking  for investors money. That date was before the Pandemic which is the reason you give for the delay.  Had you properly researched not only the prototype but the factory and its drive train and working practices before commiting to production you might have given a very different date in the first place.

I actually spoke to you at Warley and suggested that it was too tight a timescale but you dismissed my comment, I said at the time that there were too many variables to commit to such a delivery date given you didn't have funding in place. 

I do know and understand that the pandemic has upset supply chains, but considering you have used others money to get to the point of production you don't give them the respect they deserve and communicate openly on any problems you have until it gets to a point where you have to. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I don’t know what has happened recently and I hope KRM get through things and all the GT3s get delivered to happy customers.

Must say it reminds me of a dispute with a supplier I was involved in many years ago. A last minute alteration was needed to a supplied component when a fault was found in the way it fitted into the whole assembly at the assembling company. The supplier swiftly made the changes but wouldn’t release the components until we could agree on who caused the problem and who should pay for the fix. I’m not suggesting this is the case with the GT3, it just reminded me of this problem I had from many years ago.

4 hours ago, KR Models said:

And yes, we have used others money to get to where we are. We were transparent about that from the very beginning that if the project for what ever the reason may be, had to be cancelled then all the money would be refunded to the penny. We were transparent about the fact that we had no capital or big time investors backing us and the project from the get go.

Is it just me - or is the above self-contradictory?

If KR Models had no capital, and has used others' money to get where they are, how could they be in a position to refund to the penny if the project had to be cancelled at a late stage?

If the funding is available to refund - why was others' money required in the first case?

What we can be certain of is that KR Models cannot have got to the production stage without expending others' money.

...... or am I missing a vital point? I would be interested to hear the answer from KR Models.

Let me be absolutely clear - I bear no ill-will towards KR Models; I trust that GT3 and their other proposed projects are successful. HOWEVER - illogical communications such as the above have, from the outset, rung alarm bells with those who, like me, are a tad circumspect when it comes to trusting their hard-earned  funds to others, of whom they know little or nothing.

John Isherwood.

4 hours ago, JDW said:

I do so hope one day I'll look in on this thread and find something about GT3 :D

So do I - let's hope that it is the announcement that the models have been despatched to those who have paid for them!

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

So do I - let's hope that it is the announcement that the models have been despatched to those who have paid for them!

John Isherwood.

I assume that you have not paid for one?

10 hours ago, cctransuk said:

how could they be in a position to refund to the penny if the project had to be cancelled at a late stage?

If the funding is available to refund - why was others' money required in the first case?

We wouldn't have let it get that far if we weren't confident we could finish the project. If we were to cancel the project, it would have been in the early stages, much like the flask wagon. Thankfully, we had a lot of people willing to put their faith in us, and for that we are eternally grateful.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Time for the bickering to end me thinks. This thread is just descending into "he said", "they said" and getting no where. Some of what has been written by both "sides" is ambiguous and that may be part of the issue For now, why not draw a line chaps and let the model progress?

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 15
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

If you cant afford to risk £180 you shouldn't risk to buy one.

in perspective.. £180 in London:

Trainfare from  Zone 5 c£10

Tube on top of that c£5

Pub drinks on a night out c£50

meal (ymmv) between (Kebab £10- Goodmans steak £150)

Entertainment (cinema £15-theatre £150)

taxi home.. £50 

A night out lies somewhere between £140-£410.

Ive not had a night out in London now since February, thats a lot of missed G&Ts for against the cost of just one GT3.

Delays happen.. things change... if all those delayed G&Ts arrived tomorrow my liver would explode.

Instead I read this with my head in my hands.. and an empty glass in the pub waiting my return.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

If you cant afford to risk £180 you shouldn't risk to buy one.

in perspective.. £180 in London:

Trainfare from  Zone 5 c£10

Tube on top of that c£5

Pub drinks on a night out c£50

meal (ymmv) between (Kebab £10- Goodmans steak £150)

Entertainment (cinema £15-theatre £150)

taxi home.. £50 

A night out lies somewhere between £140-£410.

Ive not had a night out in London now since February, thats a lot of missed G&Ts for against the cost of just one GT3.

Delays happen.. things change... if all those delayed G&Ts arrived tomorrow my liver would explode.

Instead I read this with my head in my hands.. and an empty glass in the pub waiting my return.

Cheer up! The effect of a G&T will have gone, you hope, in a day or two. The GT3 should last a bit longer. We are very lucky to have this hobby in present circumstances. I was once glared at for suggesting that depression is more common amongst people who don’t model railways. I take a glass-half-full attitude. Oh sorry, is that an unfortunate analogy? :jester:

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

According to KR Models' Facebook account:-

"The GT3 is looking fabulous. Just working on the container slot right now, we'll keep you posted when we have a delivery date."

Edited by 96701
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, 96701 said:

According to KR Models' Facebook account:-

"The GT3 is looking fabulous. Just working on the container slot right now, we'll keep you posted when we have a delivery date."

It does indeed look fabulous on the website photos. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well, the review in January’s Hornby Magazine makes for very exciting reading and the GT3 seems to have impressed! I’m eagerly awaiting mine making its way into my hands. 

Edited by Watto1990
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Watto1990 said:

Well, the review in January’s Hornby Magazine makes for very exciting reading and the GT3 seems to have impressed! I’m eagerly awaiting mine making its way into my hands. 

Just had a read of the review and watched the video as well. It looks great and seems to run very well. I like the paintwork with its slight sheen to it.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Watto1990 said:

Just read the review and am very impressed - plus one photo of the prototype that I haven't previously seen shows me that the tender ends should be green. I will have to get out the paint and brushes, and amend my model.

John Isherwood.

• Like 1