KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 96701 said:

I was only being flippant. I didn't expect the COVID Police to turn up.

Nobody expects the Spanish (COVID) inquisition 

Our chief weapons are etc etc.........

apologies to monty python 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Seastar_44 said:

Let's stoke unnecessary conflict.

What conflict ?

All threads wander and now that KR have finally found container space to bring the GT3 to the UK there won't be anything to report for a month, possibly 6 weeks.  Mike likes doing a bit of Ship spotting hence his request for the ship name, but by week 3 of the voyage the thread will be on signs of the Zodiac as posters twiddle their thumbs in anticipation.

9 hours ago, KR Models said:

Did you order a GT3?

No, I did not. Which is why I said "they".

I am interested in the project, supportive of what you're doing and have been following this thread for a while. Also always interesting to see a Canada based project. But I have not put my money where my mouth is, I am not a customer.

Edited by Nova Scotian
Mild typo

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

What conflict ?

All threads wander and now that KR have finally found container space to bring the GT3 to the UK there won't be anything to report for a month, possibly 6 weeks. 

The only thing is what do we have to look forwards to...

I’m expecting a well detailed, painted and running model.

if only everyone else here was expecting the same thing.

if the baying mob goes silent until March, its only because they are plotting something. Its sad that no matter how good the model is, its not going to win, and probably down to many who haven't bought one anyway.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’m expecting a well detailed, painted and running model.

if only everyone else here was expecting the same thing.

if the baying mob goes silent until March, its only because they are plotting something. Its sad that no matter how good the model is, its not going to win, and probably down to many who haven't bought one anyway.

Baying mob....That's a bit overly dramatic :rolleyes:  

I've said right from the start of this that I was interested in picking one up as I like the odd and unusual, I lost some confidence when simple questions couldn't be answered, and when the EP was released I did not think the model presented offered value for money, so I chose not to order one then although I could sign up for the EOI in the future.  KR have asked top money for the GT3 but the EP didn't bear that out so I want to see what the actual production models look like.

I am interested in what the production models look like as my main interest is pre-grouping and a recent announcement is very interesting to me, So being able to see whether KR can actually work with a Chinese factory remotely and bring a detailed accurate model to market might give me a bit of confidence to order one.  

I'm sure the majority will be happy with their purchase and will enjoy running it, but I find it odd that a first time commissioner has chosen not to share any pictures of the production models and sent an EP/sample for review.

Having been capital for several projects (Some of which did not proceed due to production difficulties)  I know what it's like to work remotely and to keep the factory on spec and budget hence why I have asked some questions.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

"Paranoia is a thought process that causes you to have an irrational suspicion or mistrust of others. People with paranoia may feel like they're being persecuted or that someone is out to get them".

John Isherwood.

• Agree 1

Being paranoid does not necessarily mean that they are not out to get you. :D

What fascinates me is that GT3 had direct mechanical drive, unlike 18000 & 18100, which were gas-turbine electrics. Consequently, I would expect the turbine whine to have risen and fallen in direct relation to speed rising and falling. I am interested to hear how the model reflects this.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

"Paranoia is a thought process that causes you to have an irrational suspicion or mistrust of others. People with paranoia may feel like they're being persecuted or that someone is out to get them".

John Isherwood.

I really hope GT3 is out to get me... Ive paid for it... I want it to get to me.

Bring it on...

Does that make me extro-paranoid, intro-paranoid, overt-paranoid, paracynical ?

or perhaps ..

just judging this para-ble thread by its prior content ?

Edited by adb968008

• 2 weeks later...