KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

I asked that question already bout the VAT to KR and no reply.

George.

3 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Did they come back Colin? I had no reply and I asked weeks ago.

Both KR Models and Rails replied right away. Both will deduct UK VAT. As I had already paid KR Models they are issuing a refund of any overpayment.

I will be paying Irish VAT on arrival of the goods which is ok but I will also have to pay An Post €9 each package for the privilege. Grrrrr

Hattons however are also VAT registered in Ireland and they will deduct UK VAT, charge me Irish VAT and confirm payment of same on their postage labels, thus no handling charge by An Post.  All else being equal this makes Hattons attractive to me for general items.

• Informative/Useful 2

Just now, Colin_McLeod said:

Both KR Models and Rails replied right away. Both will deduct UK VAT. As I had already paid KR Models they are issuing a refund of any overpayment.

I will be paying Irish VAT on arrival of the goods which is ok but I will also have to pay An Post €9 each package for the privilege. Grrrrr

Hattons however are also VAT registered in Ireland and they will deduct UK VAT, charge me Irish VAT and confirm payment of same on their postage labels, thus no handling charge by An Post.  All else being equal this makes Hattons attractive to me for general items.

Nice one, Got Cobalts the other day no Vat levied on either side. Hopefully this may slip through also. The big boys can afford to do that I suppose as they have large trade with ROI.

That is good news then. Looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh. 

Cheers

George

• Like 1

4 hours ago, truffy said:

This is the correspondence that I had with KRM back on 25.11.2019:

On reflection, that's a bit worrying, since if it's sent from the UK, with Swiss tax already applied, the chances are that I will still have to pay tax as well as import duty on entry. That would make me quite sad.

Can you email me so I can into this please?

My GT3 arrived safe and sound in South West Ontario Canada this morning, all I can say is it was WELL worth the wait, the model is stunning. There's also an extra item included along with the detail pack, a pleasant surprise, I won't spoil that by mentioned it.

KR Models are to be congratulated on pushing on through all the obstacles, and occasional (lol) criticism, and delivering a stunning model.

Looking forward to the Fell and eventually the Leader.

Cheers

Dave

IMG-9299.jpg

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, Daholmes19 said:

My GT3 arrived safe and sound in South West Ontario Canada this morning, all I can say is it was WELL worth the wait, the model is stunning. There's also an extra item included along with the detail pack, a pleasant surprise, I won't spoil that by mentioned it.

KR Models are to be congratulated on pushing on through all the obstacles, and occasional (lol) criticism, and delivering a stunning model.

Looking forward to the Fell and eventually the Leader.

Cheers

Dave

IMG-9299.jpg

Looks great. Any chance of a video of it running?

I took a few pictures of everything that came in the box, except the surprise item, pictures below. To get a close up of the extras bag I put it on a blank part of one of the inserts.

Will set it up on the rolling road tomorrow morning and take a video, its the full sound version so looking forward to hearing it in person

Cheers

Dave

IMG-9303.jpg

IMG-9300.jpg

IMG-9302.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

8 hours ago, Daholmes19 said:

I took a few pictures of everything that came in the box, except the surprise item, pictures below. To get a close up of the extras bag I put it on a blank part of one of the inserts.

Will set it up on the rolling road tomorrow morning and take a video, its the full sound version so looking forward to hearing it in person

Cheers

Dave

IMG-9303.jpg

IMG-9300.jpg

IMG-9302.jpg

Full sound version? Good news – I wondered if they would arrive at the same time as the non-sound or later. First pictures of a model in a customer’s hands! Excellent. Many thanks for posting.

• RMweb Gold

Very, very pleased to see this outcome, well done KR, look forward to seeing mine in due course and in the not too distant future a Fell! ..........great stuff.:good:

Thanks Mike

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Hi Michael. Not wishing to be pushy, but any idea when models ordered down under will be sent? Are they shipping from UK? 

Your deliver will ship from the UK.  So unfortunately you'll be one of the last to receive it.  We may look at a different solution for the next shipment.  

3 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Full sound version? Good news – I wondered if they would arrive at the same time as the non-sound or later. First pictures of a model in a customer’s hands! Excellent. Many thanks for posting.

Both sound and ready version are dispatched at the same time.

Keith

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ikks said:

Very, very pleased to see this outcome, well done KR, look forward to seeing mine in due course and in the not too distant future a Fell! ..........great stuff.:good:

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,

Development of the Fell is progressing and updated information will be coming soon.

Keith

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Development of the Fell is progressing and updated information will be coming soon.

I feel I've been quite lenient with you chaps up to now, but it's time to level with you.

Cease and desist with that gruesome project, or the puppy gets it. 

• Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Oh man....not the puppy!!!

fc90a70c6abd68dd5d0954bcf7cff7df.jpg.cb354643000229d704521f35fa141dda.jpg

That's her.  All you need do is leave ALL the CAD work in the callbox off the Trumpington road (by the Ox pub), and she'll be safely with the landlady 45 minutes later.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Found this while looking for something else entirely. Nice George Heiron painting of GT3. Unfortunately the feature which says 'scale drawings' turns out to be the well-known internal equipment layout diagram reproduced to 4mm:ft scale so only really useful for length and height dimensions, though I have to say I found the printed version of the diagram somewhat sharper than the versions found when I Googled GT3 images. (CJL)

MRN GT3 cover.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, dibber25 said:

Found this while looking for something else entirely. Nice George Heiron painting of GT3. Unfortunately the feature which says 'scale drawings' turns out to be the well-known internal equipment layout diagram reproduced to 4mm:ft scale so only really useful for length and height dimensions, though I have to say I found the printed version of the diagram somewhat sharper than the versions found when I Googled GT3 images. (CJL)

MRN GT3 cover.jpeg

We managed to get hold of the full magazine.  

1 hour ago, 'CHARD said:

That's her.  All you need do is leave ALL the CAD work in the callbox off the Trumpington road (by the Ox pub), and she'll be safely with the landlady 45 minutes later.  

I'm so sorry for the puppy, but we have to complete this project. 

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi all

Recorded a couple of minutes running this morning straight out of the box. Its from a Webcam connected to my Laptop as the files get too large to move around from device to device for me.

My ECoS found the loco right away and added it, you should see start up, move off in reverse, stop then forward up to speed step 100 then back to rest;

Will upload on YouTube link later today

Hope this helps

Dave

Edited by Daholmes19
Link removed

• Moderators
1 minute ago, The Stationmaster said:

You have to hav ea Google sign-in in order to access it - well that is what it says.  I would think that YouTube might be more accessible for many people

Also you have to approve requests to access the file which means users having to disclose their Google account. I'll need to remove the link for security reasons. 

• Informative/Useful 1