KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

2 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Looks like this bit of detail is missing from above the bogie?   I think it was present on previous samples?

Screenshot_20210201_165700_com.android.chrome.jpg.73dafaea8115c2f126f8938000b1180a.jpg

Edit: Should say I wouldn't be surprised If this caused a few issues with tighter curves as I spotted the bogie lifting on curves in one of KR's initial running videos so would understand if it was left off for that reason. 

They should be fitted as they are on the samples.  Not sure how that happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I have to say, for all the ups and downs of this thread, whether or not there are any minor inaccuracies, as a model it definitely looks the part. I like it a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

33 minutes ago, KR Models said:

We have noticed that all the negative comments and false accusations that we have got on here, we have actually managed to produce what we set out to do.  It's so strange that those people and you know who you are as the comments are still here, have not apologised or said even "well done, we were wrong".  

I'm always a little skeptical of a new project from a new manufacture, especially one this ambitious, for example I didn't want anything from Accurascale until I'd held one of their 24 tonners by myself. Nonetheless part of being a skeptic is admitting your wrong when evidence is presented and I must admit from what I've seen you have met your objectives and more. I certainly feel better about putting down for a Leader when I've seen this quality. I just wish I could've also gotten a GT3 of my own (wink-wink) 

ScR

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, scots region said:

I'm always a little skeptical of a new project from a new manufacture, especially one this ambitious, for example I didn't want anything from Accurascale until I'd held one of their 24 tonners by myself. Nonetheless part of being a skeptic is admitting your wrong when evidence is presented and I must admit from what I've seen you have met your objectives and more. I certainly feel better about putting down for a Leader when I've seen this quality. I just wish I could've also gotten a GT3 of my own (wink-wink) 

ScR

Put your name down for the 2nd production run.  It is going ahead.  We'll delivery the 1st run, then open the order book.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KR Models said:

We have noticed that all the negative comments and false accusations that we have got on here, we have actually managed to produce what we set out to do.  It's so strange that those people and you know who you are as the comments are still here, have not apologised or said even "well done, we were wrong".  

I feel your pain. The sneering and belittling you endured in the early days was embarrassing for some of us to read. No doubt the then-very-fresh memories of DJM and its demise with lots of punter money made people nervous, but that's not the same as actually rubbishing you without a shred of evidence. I am extremely glad to see the final product getting thumbs up all round, and hope your further ventures enjoy the same success. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 16

1 hour ago, KR Models said:

Put your name down for the 2nd production run.  It is going ahead.  We'll delivery the 1st run, then open the order book.

Excellent! I have been kicking myself for not taking the plunge originally.  I think I finished paying for the Fell that in Dec so I'll definitely have my name down for GT3 when the book opens.

All the best

James

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, KR Models said:

I don't know if you refer to me - perhaps not - but if so, you may have failed to note several 'Likes', attributable to me, against images of your GT3.

I don't apologise for being sceptical - you came hard on the heels of a notable failure, and your initial approach did not encourage confidence.

You have chalked up a win - continue in the same vein and the sky's the limit.

John Isherwood.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, KR Models said:

With the exception of one non-apology, It doesn't look like anything will be forthcomimg...

Nil carborundum.

Cheers

Darius

PS looking forward to receiving my GT3.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

I didn't order GT3 as although I am interested in prototypes, I only normally buy those that had some length of service on BR metals, with scheduled services. Hence I've ordered and fully paid for the Fell in BR late condition. I have also expressed an interest in Leader, due to it's li is to the Southern and a brave attempt to  bring design and technology to steam.

I have however buckled, as having g seen GT3 production photos on here, I'm now going to put an expression of interest for the second run. With that in mind, as tooling is already done, do you have a date for the 2nd run of GT3.

Congratulations, I was sceptical I admit, but didn't put my concern into writing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KR Models said:

Neither of us really expect an apology, 

I am rather bemused as to why you think you deserve an apology, who from and what for? Your first model is not yet in the hands of those that ordered and paid for it. There have been a couple of pictures posted by overseas purchasers and AY and while it has a very good finish there are some areas that should have been easily addressed during CAD.

The quality of the models produced by the Chinese factories has never been in doubt, they are more than capable of working to a high specification, but they can only work with the research they are provided with. The key to a good model is research and the ability to check the CAD and EP to spot defects and errors before going to production.  

Based on what is available to see so far, I wouldn't be popping a Champagne cork but I would put a bottle of Asti Spumante in the fridge.

I would though wait to open it until purchasers have had a chance to run their models, several manufacturers have been caught by overheating and weak motors and an inability to haul anything. A successful model is one where the owner is still happy with it some 6-12 months after purchase. at which point you can fill your glass.

• Funny 1

18 hours ago, KR Models said:

3 hours ago, KR Models said:

Neither of us really expect an apology, but we at least expected some dignity from those who slated us from the very conception of the project, some integrity. Regardless, it isnt going to slow us down, we are going to continue to make models, and we are going to continue to enjoy doing it.

You'll certainly deserve a pat on the back. Whilst I may have missed out on the first run of the GT3 for financial reasons. I have put my name down for a second run. I have always trusted you'll and made that clear from the onset.

Personally the constant comments made by a couple of members on here disgusted me. They owe you an apology regardless. I know you'll started up soon after DJM closed down. But I personally found the constant comparisons quite insulting. It always shocked me that DJM got so much blind support even though his history in the industry proved otherwise. And he got his support from top to bottom. You'll had to pay the price. I can only apologise on behalf of everyone who doubted you'll.

KRM has a bright future. I wish you'll all the very best.

• Like 5
  • Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, KR Models said:

To be quite frank, I'm not surprised you've chosen to have an issue with that comment, given how you haven't had a single positive thing to say throughout this entire thread. You had swore blind that we wouldn't deliver a model, you had such confidence that we were just another DJ in the making, and now that we have completed the model and (not all) customers have the model in their hands, you STILL stand by your guns that we are just another problem.

This I take issue with. From the start I actually wished you well and made suggestions about what could be pitfalls, and where there could be improvements in your communication and openness . You started off as secretive and with an unwillingness to address questions (from others) but have slowly realised that for people to part with money you actually have to engage with prospective customers. I have been positive and asked questions for clarity. I could link to countless posts where you threw your toys from the pram 

AS for DJM, You were not wholly truthful at the start, feigning an ignorance of DJM but at a later date admitting that you had conversations with him about commissioning him to produce the model, but walked away (rightly so) as you had little faith in him.  You then wonder why some would question you as you admit to no previous experience and yet were asking for funding of several hunded thousand in advance of actually showing something tangible.

I at no time said you were a problem, I merely stated that a successful model is one that stands the test of time.  You seem to seek praise and validation when its not due and you'll have to forgive me if I don't slap you on the back or brown nose.

36 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Do you have the faintest idea how hard it is to get a model like this 100% right with no existing schematics, blueprints, or functional examples out in the world?

Yes.

But I would say that if you make a claim of difficulty in research, I wouldn't have made a prior claim that you had sufficient material to proceed. 

You can't have it both ways. Either you were confident you had the information, or you weren't.

On 15/05/2019 at 01:26, KR Models said:

It took a lot of time to collate the relevant material to even reach the decision of embarking on this model, not to watch it fail.  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

This I take issue with. From the start I actually wished you well and made suggestions about what could be pitfalls, and where there could be improvements in your communication and openness . You started off as secretive and with an unwillingness to address questions (from others) but have slowly realised that for people to part with money you actually have to engage with prospective customers. I have been positive and asked questions for clarity. I could link to countless posts where you threw your toys from the pram 

AS for DJM, You were not wholly truthful at the start, feigning an ignorance of DJM but at a later date admitting that you had conversations with him about commissioning him to produce the model, but walked away (rightly so) as you had little faith in him.  You then wonder why some would question you as you admit to no previous experience and yet were asking for funding of several hunded thousand in advance of actually showing something tangible.

I at no time said you were a problem, I merely stated that a successful model is one that stands the test of time.  You seem to seek praise and validation when its not due and you'll have to forgive me if I don't slap you on the back or brown nose.

Yes.

But I would say that if you make a claim of difficulty in research, I wouldn't have made a prior claim that you had sufficient material to proceed. 

You can't have it both ways. Either you were confident you had the information, or you weren't.

For some reason this response reminds me of the Harry Enfield “teenager” sketches.

Darius

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Well, this is unsurprising in its consistent unpleasantness and mean spiritedness.

I have come to expect nothing less.

Darius

Well I'm glad I didn't disappoint you.

Quite how you think that post unpleasant and mean spirited says more about you than I. If you wish to see Unpleasant and Mean spirited in the written word, then that is what you will see no matter how it is phrased.   

• Funny 1

@KR Models you are doing yourself no favours in first asking for an apology and then engaging in debate when the response back wasn't the back slapping you desired.

I am sorry, it smacks of ego and that is exactly what the other fallen manufacturer had way too much of.

There may be an element of cultural differences regarding perhaps how things are done in Canada and how things are done in the UK.

All you need do is take pride that you proved doubters wrong and delivered this model, the reviews and sales then do the speaking for you.

Edited by woodenhead
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1