KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

Well I'm glad I didn't disappoint you.

Quite how you think that post unpleasant and mean spirited says more about you than I. If you wish to see Unpleasant and Mean spirited in the written word, then that is what you will see no matter how it is phrased.   

That reminds me - I meant to add self-righteous to my earlier post.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I think it would help if we differentiate between "wrong" and "incorrect".

People's skepticism is about to be proven incorrect, once the product is here and we all see how awesome it is. I don't doubt that at all.

But their skepticism was not wrong. They were right to be skeptical, given the recent-at-the-time DJM debacle. A lot of people wasted a lot of money there, so were afraid of getting their fingers burnt again. Can we really claim that fear to be wrong? No, but we can now claim it to be incorrect, and then only based on information we have now/shortly, but did not have then.

People should apologise when they have been in the wrong, but not when they have been incorrect. When shown to be incorrect, we should simply learn, not apologise.

• Like 7
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

People should apologise when they have been in the wrong, but not when they have been incorrect

Have you ever considered being a politician ?

"In response to the Honourable Member's question I was not in the wrong, I was incorrect" :)

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

@KR Models Congrats on producing what looks like a wonderful model ! I would suggest that you celebrate the achievement and ignore the negativity.  If you starve it, it will wither and die, If you feed it, it just grows and grows. Better to put all your energy into your next project and let success do your talking for you :drink_mini:

Looking forward to the Fell !

• Agree 6

Shall we looks at the positives rather than negatives? I think in this current climate we need to be more positive. In Business people do make mistakes as long as you put you hand up and acknowledge what you done? 

it’s a brave thing to make a model that there isn’t much info, from what I can see it look really good. I can’t wait for my to arrive either Royal Mail or Courier.

I’ve paid for the Fell,  nearly paid off the Consett wagons! I do wish every success with KR Models, just keep talking to you customers!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Mattc6911 said:

@KR Models Congrats on producing what looks like a wonderful model ! I would suggest that you celebrate the achievement and ignore the negativity.  If you starve it, it will wither and die, If you feed it, it just grows and grows. Better to put all your energy into your next project and let success do your talking for you :drink_mini:

Looking forward to the Fell !

I agree 100%.  

Be positive and ignore the negative. I'm looking forward to my GK3 and Fell and anything else I may purchase from KR Models.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Again? Really?

Yes, KR Models didn't get off to the best of starts, and the skepticism was understandable in the light of what went before. But things have moved on, we've been round the same circle a dozen times or more. At the end of the day, they have designed and manufactured from a standing start a model that, for 99% of people out there is perfecty acceptable, it looks like a GT3, sounds like a GT3, appears to run well (and will hopefully remain reliable), with more accuracy and detail than most people could manage from a kit or scratch.

It might not be perfect, there may be errors, but in the main it has achieved its goal. Anyone could have done it, and stiill could do another if they feel they could improve. There are opportunities to improve it, yes - but that goes for the latest releases from Bachmann, Hornby, and the others too. Despite claims of inaccuracies, problems, whatever, I don't for a second believe KR set out to design a model that was "wrong" and they've no doubt done the best they could with the combination of time, money, materials, information and skill available.

It is what it is, like it or not, its here, and for the majority its a GT3 - and one which is probably more accurate despite not having the real thing to measure, than many Hornby, Lima et al models were when they had the real thing to measure.

But do we really, really need to keep going over the same old ground with slightly different words? It is what it is, it was what it was, the points have all been made already, and it's getting pretty tiresome. I saw pages of comments since my last one, came back to look at more pics of it, and ... nope, just more of the same. Can we just draw a line under all that and start enjoying the model as it arrives?

• Agree 10

1 hour ago, scots region said:

I would add that we are all getting a little OTT over, well it is sorry, a toy. Model trains are toys, thats their history, thats their origin, I'm not trying to be insulting. 

Might I suggest that model trains are model trains. Toy trains are toy trains. Yes, their history is that they were toys; some still are. Given the lengths manufacturers go to to produce an accurate model, I think they have gone well beyond being toys. Think toy, think Hornby Playtrains. Think model, think GT3. By the way, I don’t think calling models toys is insulting, it just isn’t accurate and besides, I’m perfectly happy for them to be called toys if it means I don’t have to pay import duty. 

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

This I take issue with. From the start I actually wished you well and made suggestions about what could be pitfalls, and where there could be improvements in your communication and openness . You started off as secretive and with an unwillingness to address questions (from others) but have slowly realised that for people to part with money you actually have to engage with prospective customers. I have been positive and asked questions for clarity. I could link to countless posts where you threw your toys from the pram 

AS for DJM, You were not wholly truthful at the start, feigning an ignorance of DJM but at a later date admitting that you had conversations with him about commissioning him to produce the model, but walked away (rightly so) as you had little faith in him.  You then wonder why some would question you as you admit to no previous experience and yet were asking for funding of several hunded thousand in advance of actually showing something tangible.

I at no time said you were a problem, I merely stated that a successful model is one that stands the test of time.  You seem to seek praise and validation when its not due and you'll have to forgive me if I don't slap you on the back or brown nose.

Yes.

But I would say that if you make a claim of difficulty in research, I wouldn't have made a prior claim that you had sufficient material to proceed. 

You can't have it both ways. Either you were confident you had the information, or you weren't.

Oh. one Friend liked this anyhow.  £5 his way then.....

Please stay off of the Leader thread, I could not bear another moan fest.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

I am really excited about getting my GT3 (with sound).

These are tough days for us all and as someone who goes days on end not seeing anyone, anything to get excited over has to be good be it toy, model or however defined, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I've/we've also got the Fell to look forward too and will be ordering the Leader too and pop me down for a super-Clayton also whilst you're at it please.

We are lucky to be able to loose ourselves in a wonderful hobby.

A big thank you for giving us some light in these times none of us ever thought we would be in when GT3 was announced!

Keep up the good work and as nobody else seams likely to give us Classes 82-84 please could I try a gentle nudge in that direction!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

For everything’s sake, can we get back on topic? It’s tiring to come back to this thread to find updates to instead see no updates but constant bickering. Go set up a KR Models bickering thread if you really must. 

C51C0056-51FA-4C44-A19A-D96E4AB7215A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Lets get the models in peoples hands.

nothing stops the bickering faster, and brings awe and silence than having a box to open.

:wacko:

I remember the squabbling impassioned exchanges on the subject of the livery of the Hornby Duchesses. When the model appeared, it all died away. Let’s hope for the same here.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, adb968008 said:

nothing stops the bickering faster, and brings awe and silence than having a box to open.

I'm waiting for the Youtube clip of the opening box.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2