KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

A tip when fumbling about inside the loco ... no need really to ever go in there apart from adding crew or doing as I did with the lights ... but when clipping the cab interior back in, make sure there are no wires trapped as it will cut them in half they are so thin. 

Luckily, the wire that I trapped and severed was to the cab light and I had snipped that anyway.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 23/03/2021 at 21:49, zr2498 said:

Function F5 does work as long as it is combined with a reduction in the speed setting as well. If speed is reduced to zero it will come to a halt more quickly (combined with brake actuation sound). If not reduced to zero it will slow more quickly than without F5 and then resume the new lower speed setting.

David

Thanks for your opinion David following which I carried out further tests and I am sorry but F5 definitely has no effect on the deceleration. I therefore emailed KRModels and Michael has replied "Function 5 is just for the sound effect. It has no actual application to the slowing down of the loco."

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Tim Hall said:

Am I the only one not to have received one ordered or even the email yet?

They are going out in alphabetical order (Christian names)

David with a D

• RMweb Gold

Colin with a C here has not got an  e mail either, and Ireland with an I comes before UK with a U (but after England with an E)

That bloke in Australia should have got his before the other bloke in Canada. lol  :)

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Colin with a C here has not got an  e mail either, and Ireland with an I comes before UK with a U (but after England with an E)

That bloke in Australia should have got his before the other bloke in Canada. lol  :)

Republic comes after Great...

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

As a Z in Australia, I'm in trouble!

But yes, not going out alphabetically as a mate with M (also in Aus) already has his. At a guess, it may be date of order placed. He was decently early, whereas my order for a friend and I was basically on the last day from memory.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Riddles said:

Thanks for your opinion David following which I carried out further tests and I am sorry but F5 definitely has no effect on the deceleration. I therefore emailed KRModels and Michael has replied "Function 5 is just for the sound effect. It has no actual application to the slowing down of the loco."

I have done the testing again following your reply, and still get the faster slowing down. Set speed step to 63 + make sure up to speed. First time reduce speed to zero on leaving the double track bridge. See where it stops. Next time same speed and reduce to zero + quickly press F5 and see where it stops. It is always about half the distance covered. I do not understand this and although I am very new to looking at the decoder settings via the Lokprogrammer I do not see any logical function associated with F5 (only sound as Michael said). This is rather spooky and it really needs some explanation so I don't go crazy.

There is a brake 1 setting as follows:

image.png.639864d6c5d552960b9a0f1695c21f5d.png

But as I say there is no logical connection to this. Perhaps there is another explanation. If I get the chance I will look at another loco with active brake function and see how that decoder software is configured.

Dave (confused.com)

• RMweb Gold

It's possible on a Loksound to have the braking function actually tied into the sound itself.

Therefore you won't actually see F5 being mapped to the Brake 1 function on the function mapping and unless you have access to the full unlocked sound project you can't actually see it anywhere.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

So, to sum up, they're being dispatched in alphabetical order of first name, except when they're not. If you live outside our esteemed isles, you may get it earlier, or not. 

If it was chronological, I ordered late on the last day, cos I forgot to do it earlier.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, SGP said:

He got a Friday afternoon model as well, bent coupling contacts, scruffy wheels ... he had issue with the front bogie derailing as well.

The front bogie on mine kept derailing at a particular place every time, even at low speed. I discovered a track defect, corrected it and subsequently the GT3 went over that particular place at full speed without any problem. I would suggest that some locos cope with track defects worse than others, so I would suggest that Sam's track is not quite up to standard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

So, to sum up, they're being dispatched in alphabetical order of first name, except when they're not. If you live outside our esteemed isles, you may get it earlier, or not. 

If it was chronological, I ordered late on the last day, cos I forgot to do it earlier.

I ordered mine basically the day you could place an order and it arrived in Melbourne Australia last wednesday., I am a W so I don't think its by name.

12 hours ago, 96701 said:

The front bogie on mine kept derailing at a particular place every time, even at low speed. I discovered a track defect, corrected it and subsequently the GT3 went over that particular place at full speed without any problem. I would suggest that some locos cope with track defects worse than others, so I would suggest that Sam's track is not quite up to standard.

Or the carpet needs relaying.

Ray

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8