KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

12 minutes ago, Wagpnmaster said:

No to turn the front tail lights red. Very simply, I cut a small rectangle off a Quality Street Strawberry Delight sweet wrapper, which is clear red and stuck it over the lower LED! The photograph shows the wrapper and the LED housing.

GT3 Tail lights.jpg

The result of these modifications can be seen in the photo below.

GT3 Front.jpg

I'm yet to attempt any of this on my GT3 (thank you for explaining the decoder bits!), but I've found red Sharpies a good alternative for turning white LED's red.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

Anyone else still waiting for the first run? Some of you have had yours for a couple of weeks now.

Hi Tim,

I am too.  I ordered mine quite late though but I imagine there's quite a few to send out still.

Only as an exercise to reassure myself (or anyone else!), I thought it through - and it's only guesses on numbers, I should point out... If one model is prepared and wrapped every 5 minutes, for 8 hours 20 minutes a day, that's 100 a day... with 2 people, that's 5 weeks (working days) to send out 1000 models... assuming no toilet breaks and nothing 'Fell' that needs attention elsewhere ;)

If KR Models can give a rough idea on percent done, that would be great - 25, 50, 75?

Really looking forward to mine but appreciate it may be a bit longer yet.

Cheers,

Ixion.

Edited by 97403_Ixion
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Hi Tim,

I am too.  I ordered mine quite late though but I imagine there's quite a few to send out still.

Only as an exercise to reassure myself (or anyone else!), I thought it through - and it's only guesses on numbers, I should point out... If one model is prepared and wrapped every 5 minutes, for 8 hours 20 minutes a day, that's 100 a day... with 2 people, that's 5 weeks (working days) to send out 1000 models... assuming no toilet breaks and nothing 'Fell' that needs attention elsewhere ;)

If KR Models can give a rough idea on percent done, that would be great - 25, 50, 75?

Really looking forward to mine but appreciate it may be a bit longer yet.

Cheers,

Ixion.

I'm glad I'm not alone! We have no idea how many people are involved, or how many orders there were to fulfil. I won't bother KR yet then.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

I'm glad I'm not alone! We have no idea how many people are involved, or how many orders there were to fulfil. I won't bother KR yet then.

During the Q&A live on You Tube on the 21st March on the 8:00 minute mark Keith began a statement that resulted in that everybody would have theirs by Friday of next week which in my book was 27th March, however if the Friday of next week is Good Friday, then if nothing has happened by Tuesday  6th April, I would be doing some chasing, bearing in mind that I got my dispatch email on the 22nd March, and my first name begins with "P".

https://youtu.be/eGW0-tbScUs

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine is still outstanding & i did bother Keith with 2 email 

I hope Keith wont mind me posting these replies

The first one I wanted to change my postal address & the reply included

"Unfortunately, the GT3's have been sent out now and we can't change the delivery address." Dated 22 March

The second email 

"There is a chance our fulfilment warehouse made an error and missed you off the delivery schedule. If that is the case, I can send you your GT3 from my residence once I get the excess stock. We are trying to sort out everyone's orders as quick and as efficient as possible, so please be patient with us, we are working hard to make everyone happy." Dated April 1

Hope this helps anyone still waiting for theirs

John

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Still patiently awaiting an email down here in Oz for a pair (one DC, one DCC Sound for a mate). Very late order but I might have to give a nudge if nothing this week.

• Agree 3

19 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

If they were wrapping 100 a day it would take 10 days to send out 1000.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Retro_man said:

If they were wrapping 100 a day it would take 10 days to send out 1000.

Sorry Retro-man... I did say with 2 people... 

MY MISTAKE ALSO... 100 a day, 2 people = 5 working days, not weeks... OOOPS!

But worth remembering that that 5 minutes per package is rather quick.

Edited by 97403_Ixion
Made a correction to weeks/days... I was a bit tired when thinking it through!
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

30 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but both KR Models guys are in Canada and the GT3's are in the UK, yes? So they aren't exactly sitting in a room packing up models for post...

I think the son is actually UK based, but that still doesn't mean he has a living room full of GT3s that he is furiously packing into parcels to send out.

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but both KR Models guys are in Canada and the GT3's are in the UK, yes? So they aren't exactly sitting in a room packing up models for post...

One guy (Keith) is in Canada and the other guy (Michael) is in the UK.  The models are being dispatched by a “fulfilment centre” rather than by KR Models directly.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Sorry Retro-man... I did say with 2 people... 

MY MISTAKE ALSO... 100 a day, 2 people = 5 working days, not weeks... OOOPS!

But worth remembering that that 5 minutes per package is rather quick.

I sell on eBay and have done for many years. Assuming that I have a suitable box and don't have to fabricate one, I'm sure it doesn't take me 5 mins per parcel, including writing the address by hand.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

On 04/04/2021 at 16:41, Darius43 said:

One guy (Keith) is in Canada and the other guy (Michael) is in the UK.  The models are being dispatched by a “fulfilment centre” rather than by KR Models directly.

The packages are being sent by James and James Fulfilment Ltd., Liliput Road, Northampton, NN4 7DT.

I couldn't say for certain whether they are dealing with non-UK orders but I would expect so.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Riddles said:

I am intrigued by the Toilet Pipe Discharge sound on F.8.  Was GT3 fitted with such a facility or is it intended to be coming from an adjacent coach or building?

Toilet at rear of tender - bottom! right of this picture. Not sure if curtains were fitted.

image.png.cac70e1336fbcbf5cdd39bb19c489b2c.png

Edited by zr2498
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 04/04/2021 at 17:05, Tim Hall said:

I sell on eBay and have done for many years. Assuming that I have a suitable box and don't have to fabricate one, I'm sure it doesn't take me 5 mins per parcel, including writing the address by hand.....

Sod's law says that you never have the right size box to hand.  When you do find one it is so full of plastic peanuts you have to go out to the dustbin to dispose of them, and the parcels tape will split repeatedly and then stick to anything but the right place on the box.  As for parcels tape dispensers the last one I dropped cut my foot on the way down and the sand inside it took a long time to vacuum up....

On a good day about 3 minutes, on a bad day in excess of 15, and that is with over 9000 eBay sales under my belt....

Les

• Like 5

6 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Toilet at rear of tender - bottom! right of this picture. Not sure if curtains were fitted.

image.png.cac70e1336fbcbf5cdd39bb19c489b2c.png

Thanks for that. I now see that this was mentioned much earlier in the topic. I gave up following it when there was so much negativity and pessimistic speculation being posted.

• RMweb Gold

I’m surprised so many are surprised about a toilet on a locomotive.

Drivers are human and have needs.

Loads of diesels had toilets, in the US some locomotives even have sleeping compartments in their noses.

Take a look at the luxury loo inside a class 55’s nose..

http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/photo/scaled/9447/

top down and side elevation of the class 45 potty here..

(Flickr url)

Class 45 layout diagram.

several diesel locos use to have a urinal, dont know about modern locos. I recall seeing such decades ago, I cannot remember the class, but it was unsurprisingly minging.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2

Is there a deadman's pedal next to the toilet, how do you take a number two without having the train stop itself?

It must have been difficult, you know how it is, you are reading a paper/book and you find yourself engrossed, next thing an hour has passed.

• Funny 5