KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

Anyone else still waiting? I emailed them nearly 3 weeks ago and was told that my order was "being processed". 

Not acceptable. Resources should be put in place to get them out much sooner. How frustrating for you.

5 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

Anyone else still waiting? I emailed them nearly 3 weeks ago and was told that my order was "being processed". 

Me too it must be where we live !!! Them Canadians don't like the Welsh .

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Not acceptable. Resources should be put in place to get them out much sooner. How frustrating for you.

This is a two man band- more resources by inventing a 28 hour day?  Unless they are using  commercial premises for packing them pandemic regulations in most countries prevent getting extra people in.

Just a thought

Les

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

I'm still waiting too, all paid up in advance.

I can promise future orders but only after this order is fulfilled.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Les1952 said:

This is a two man band- more resources by inventing a 28 hour day?  Unless they are using  commercial premises for packing them pandemic regulations in most countries prevent getting extra people in.

Just a thought

Les

I'm sure there was a post from KR stating the P&P had been outsourced to a professional logistics company.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Still waiting for a sound chip to be sent out to fit to my DCC ready model. Despite being told when double checking that my sound upgrade had been processed even though it didn't show on my website account.

Starting to think returning it for a replacement sound fitted model may have been quicker.

• Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

I'm sure there was a post from KR stating the P&P had been outsourced to a professional logistics company.

In which case they should be pushing them for a performance refund....

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

I thought I'd check back to make sure I was correct on this. I know way back in the mists of time KR stated they would be sent to the UK and dealt with by a logistics Co, but I thought I'd seen something more recent.

On 09/03/2021 at 14:32, KR Models said:

Just thought that you would like to know that our shipment has arrived in port, just waiting for customs to clear it now.  No, we don't know the name of the HMRC customs officer who will sign off on the shipment.

Keith

Arrived in the UK on or about the 9th March

On 20/03/2021 at 09:35, KR Models said:

We're just working our way through the orders.  Don't worry, we have plenty to ship out.

Shipping by the 20th March

On 04/04/2021 at 00:21, 96701 said:

During the Q&A live on You Tube on the 21st March on the 8:00 minute mark Keith began a statement that resulted in that everybody would have theirs by Friday of next week which in my book was 27th March, however if the Friday of next week is Good Friday, then if nothing has happened by Tuesday  6th April, I would be doing some chasing, bearing in mind that I got my dispatch email on the 22nd March, and my first name begins with "P".

https://youtu.be/eGW0-tbScUs

All meant to be sent by the end of March?

On 05/04/2021 at 16:53, Riddles said:

The packages are being sent by James and James Fulfilment Ltd., Liliput Road, Northampton, NN4 7DT.

I couldn't say for certain whether they are dealing with non-UK orders but I would expect so.

This was the post I remember which wasn't by KR. 

If I hadn't received my order by now (35-40 days after arrival) I'd be checking order progress pronto.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Just a thought

Les

And DJM was a one man band and despite its numerous failings actually sending models out to customers was never reported as being among them (except for the J94s which were stolen).  Various people use, or have used, third parties for distribution but reports of long delays seem to be very rare.  If a distributor can't clear 1,000 models in 2-3 weeks (card number queries etc aside) there is something wrong somewhere.

And if after a year a distributor has not reorganised their processes to take account of Covid workplace regulations there is also something way adrift.  The mail/internet  order part of the economy has been one of its most buoyant features over the past and that suggests that to me more than a few companies have been able to adjust, and adjust to an even busier level of business than normal.  I have received several models by post/courier over the past year with no apparent delays whatsoever. 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Remember the delivery fiasco with Rapido's Sterling Single.

It's not unknown to have problems.

That's true Colin. I was one of those affected, and I appreciated it once they started communicating with the buyers.

I saw KR Models was on RMWeb earlier today, I'd be surprised if they haven't read this thread. Maybe it's time for them to provide an update.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, JCL said:

That's true Colin. I was one of those affected, and I appreciated it once they started communicating with the buyers.

I saw KR Models was on RMWeb earlier today, I'd be surprised if they haven't read this thread. Maybe it's time for them to provide an update.

The main medium for communication is their facebook page,  Ive found them very responsive on messenger on that site, and on their page in general.

They only post here occasionally.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The main medium for communication is their facebook page,  Ive found them very responsive on messenger on that site, and on their page in general.

They only post here occasionally.

Cheers adb968008

I'm someone who helps companies get online by analysing their businesses and customer relationships, and I create e-commerce sites and procedures based on that. To be fair, FB is used by a lot of companies for marketing and customer relationships, but they work best when most of their customers are on that platform - and many people aren't. The ideal would be to message where their customers spend their time, which I would have thought would be both there and here.

I suppose if they're only going to message in one place, and their customers are willing to do updates on RMWeb on their behalf, then the one upside of FB is that KRM can control the message and who gets to talk to them on that platform, which they obviously can't do here.

Anyway, fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2021 at 05:06, Hilux5972 said:

I’m not wading back through 82 pages worth lol. I bent the handrails to get in the holes and that suits me fine. I chopped the NEM pocket off the bogie too and turned it around so the guard irons are at the front as they should be. If replacement parts do get shipped to me then they will most likely remain unused in the packaging. 

Crikey a Modeller!! Well done that man!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JCL said:

Cheers adb968008

I'm someone who helps companies get online by analysing their businesses and customer relationships, and I create e-commerce sites and procedures based on that. To be fair, FB is used by a lot of companies for marketing and customer relationships, but they work best when most of their customers are on that platform - and many people aren't. The ideal would be to message where their customers spend their time, which I would have thought would be both there and here.

I suppose if they're only going to message in one place, and their customers are willing to do updates on RMWeb on their behalf, then the one upside of FB is that KRM can control the message and who gets to talk to them on that platform, which they obviously can't do here.

Anyway, fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

To be fair to them, I think they were born on facebook.. i think they had a presence there before they had a website.

They have never been conventional, and I don't think they will ever win a customer charm school award but they get on with it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

And yet visit several times a day.

There are only so many knives one can pull out of ones back every day. Sometimes leaving the ones that don't hurt are easier.

If a customer has a problem, no matter who the seller is, your best recourse is to contact the seller, not a third party internet forum... theres always the risk that a buyer/seller spat on a 3rd party site is nothing more than suicide, no matter what they try to do.

As I said, messenger on facebook works for me, I found them quite amenable and engaging.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 4

On 27/04/2021 at 19:35, adb968008 said:

There are only so many knives one can pull out of ones back every day. Sometimes leaving the ones that don't hurt are easier.

If a customer has a problem, no matter who the seller is, your best recourse is to contact the seller, not a third party internet forum... theres always the risk that a buyer/seller spat on a 3rd party site is nothing more than suicide, no matter what they try to do.

As I said, messenger on facebook works for me, I found them quite amenable and engaging.

My wife is a retired bank manager. I often quote this true tale as a prime  example of one of the most annoying traits of the British people. 

One Thursday, In the local paper, there was a letter in from one of her bank customers, archetypal  “disgusted of Berwick,” cobblers, complaining that he had gone to the hole in the wall to get a statement but it had run out of ink so he couldn’t get his statement. This apparently was an outrage.

So, all he had to do when he couldn’t read his statement was to walk ten paces into the bank, tell the bank staff their atm printer was out of ink and he would have been warmly thanked, given a statement from one of the printers behind the counter within a minute, and a member of staff would have put a new ink cartridge into the atm immediately. A win for everyone. 

But no; he went all the way home and took out a sheet of paper and a pen, or typed up a word document and printed it out, then put it in an envelope, spent the equivalent then of  85p on a stamp, and  went all the way to a postbox and mailed it to the local paper who, of course, gleefully printed it, probably because it was the only item of news they had that week.

And that is so typical of people who, instead of directly approaching the firm they have an issue with, write to their local chip wrapper or go onto websites like this one to grumble. 

After all, they pay their rates, they’ll have you know.......

Edited by D9001
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, D9001 said:

And so it begins; the extortion by moral-free opportunists wanting £400 for a first production run GT3 on eBay. I hope nobody is desperate enough to give money to these BANDITS.

It's not extortion, the seller isn't forcing anyone to buy it, if a purchaser chooses to make an offer rather than wait for the 2nd run, then that's their choice.

But in the vein of your post above, why not write to the trader himself and vent your indignation direct instead of on here.

B Jones

59 Kennedy Court

Green Street

Stourbridge

West Midlands

DY8 1UB

United Kingdom

:rolleyes:

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 7
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, D9001 said:

And so it begins; the extortion by moral-free opportunists wanting £400 for a first production run GT3 on eBay. I hope nobody is desperate enough to give money to these BANDITS.

Does the model come with a brown bandana and a pistol ?

:D

• Funny 3