KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

On 02/08/2021 at 21:56, Markwj said:

Do we know what stage the second run is at? Is it in production, waiting factory slot etc?

Asking for a friend (my brother who can’t be arsed to ask for himself but endlessly witters about stuff)!
cheers

I don't know if you have seen, but there has been an update as of the 4th on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/krmodels.uk/posts/848797455830229).

From the attached images it would seem that no correction has been done to the rear cab wall for windows.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 69843 said:

I don't know if you have seen, but there has been an update as of the 4th on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/krmodels.uk/posts/848797455830229).

From the attached images it would seem that no correction has been done to the rear cab wall for windows.

Thanks for the update.

I'm not on facebook. Would appreciate a copy and paste here if that is OK with you.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm not sure, but I think Farcebook might have changed their system so that even public posts now require a log in. I don't have an account with them, and with several recent announcement links I've gone to them and found that a log in is required.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

I'm not sure, but I think Farcebook might have changed their system so that even public posts now require a log in. I don't have an account with them, and with several recent announcement links I've gone to them and found that a log in is required.

Seems to be the case but access can still be done (for now anyway), by going via the Facebook link on the KR Models web page

image.png.15f6425850c9c33bf4e0f9008489466b.png

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

41 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Thanks for that. I know it's happened one other time recently to me, so I'll make note of it.

• RMweb Gold
On 09/09/2021 at 10:52, 69843 said:

In theory the link should be viewable by all being a public post, but I will put the pictures below. The only text was "A little update."

240408956_848797425830232_6366792241259245429_n.jpg

The application of yellow seems to misunderstand why the yellow is applicated… its not just about making it look nice… which is also why ohle flashes should be there too.

I doubt the yellow would ever be applied to the grills.. it would be much more mundane, and probably Black, if it werent blue.. and the yellow end would probably be a  full yellow end… a good example to copy would probably be a class 20…

if it were an end of life “special”.., like 47145, then maybe it might pass, but it needs the orange cantrail, ohle flashes and obligatory Stratford sparrow.

And I think Railfreight redstripe, in class 20 style would probably wear very well on GT3 too.

Still the kid in the picture looks excited about it.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Agree the yellow vents and cab doors are unnecessary. 

It looks an exact copy of the BR blue livery Victory works made for their Train Simulator version of GT3. But it's a fictitious livery so can't really blame them for copying it. 

If its the same, and fictitious, I assume its with permission, as IP rights might reside with its owner.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

For those who want a GT3, KR are selling them in Ebay..

£199 + p&p.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kr_models_ltd/m.html?item=403135915272

It says there are over 10 available so is this the first batch left overs (held back in case of returns etc) but now released to the public or part of the second batch which is in production? I know my brother has pre ordered and paid for a second batch machine could he be offered one of this batch (rhetorical question I know)!

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Markwj said:

It says there are over 10 available so is this the first batch left overs (held back in case of returns etc) but now released to the public or part of the second batch which is in production? I know my brother has pre ordered and paid for a second batch machine could he be offered one of this batch (rhetorical question I know)!

I expect this to be part of the first batch. The second run will not be available for some time, whereas the ebay offer is for September '21 delivery. At some time there should be replacement bogie and buffer beams for the first batch. Perhaps these have the same production run as the second batch?

I am assuming the bogie / buffer beam errors will be corrected for the second batch plus perhaps some other modifications / refinements. For example, easier dcc control of the lights. From an earlier post it seems that the rear cab windows are not included in the second batch, but it would be great if the tender axle box spring clasps were included this time.

46 minutes ago, Markwj said:

2 sold, 13 still available

Edited by maico

On 13/09/2021 at 14:42, adb968008 said:

The application of yellow seems to misunderstand why the yellow is applicated… its not just about making it look nice… which is also why ohle flashes should be there too.

I doubt the yellow would ever be applied to the grills.. it would be much more mundane, and probably Black, if it werent blue.. and the yellow end would probably be a  full yellow end… a good example to copy would probably be a class 20…

if it were an end of life “special”.., like 47145, then maybe it might pass, but it needs the orange cantrail, ohle flashes and obligatory Stratford sparrow.

And I think Railfreight redstripe, in class 20 style would probably wear very well on GT3 too.

Still the kid in the picture looks excited about it.

As it’s a fictitious livery I don’t think there’s a lot of ground for nit picking! 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

22 hours ago, D9001 said:

As it’s a fictitious livery I don’t think there’s a lot of ground for nit picking! 

I mean, there's "fictional reality", then there's "Completely at odds with practice".

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
On 19/09/2021 at 10:25, D9001 said:

The livery isnt fictitious.

Several thousand locos wore that livery, just not GT3.

GT3 wouldnt have had any special treatment, for for the first decade of blue no loco got any special treatment… thats why it was called drab blue.

Dont let me get in the way of Thomas adventures though, just put a smily face on it, personally though if its worth copying, its worth copying properly...

F476B74E-056E-4ADD-826E-0FADB0973504.jpeg.e5f4107233909c4bbc9db2a375331f86.jpeg

88AEEF0F-6868-421B-816D-4439E202F115.jpeg.52adebeb6eb5fbe971332bd1c3360bef.jpeg

with details like depot code, and retro shed code, headlight, ohle flashes, cantrail, plated over headcodes, the other end even has a retro red disc. The respray / detail was done for me by SquirrelRail.

Each to their own, my own interpretation of GT3 if pushing the 1980’s,would have no yellow doors, grills, but a full yellow end, maybe a chevron yellow end at the back, plus OHLE flashes. I’d probably file off the GT3 plate and put a TOPs number perhaps 96403 (research loco, type4, number 3)… It might have inherited a name by this point? .. “Vulcan Enterprise” perhaps ?

eitherway its a marmite loco.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

GT3 wouldnt have had any special treatment, for for the first decade of blue no loco got any special treatment… thats why it was called drab blue.

Dont let me get in the way of Thomas adventures though, just put a smily face on it, personally though if its worth copying, its worth copying properly...

with details like depot code, and retro shed code, headlight, ohle flashes, cantrail, plated over headcodes, the other end even has a retro red disc.

Each to their own, my own interpretation of GT3 if pushing the 1980’s,would have no yellow doors, grills, but a full yellow end, maybe a chevron yellow end at the back, plus OHLE flashes. I’d probably file off the GT3 plate and put a TOPs number perhaps 96403 (research loco, type4, number 3)… It might have inherited a name by this point? .. “Vulcan Enterprise” perhaps ?

OT of course but if Yeoman had gone ahead with their early idea to purchase a fleet of refurbished1000s/Class 52s from BR they could imaginatively have ended up in a livery rather like that.  

As far as a blue livery GT3 is concerned t would obviously have had to comply with all relevant livery and safety marking requirements so it wouldn't have been  the case of painting various bits originally green in yellow.  and even if it had been in a more 'imaginative' colour scheme the OHLE warning signs and the orange cantrail marking would have been mandatory although the latter was really a alter addition so might not have been seen on the loco - whoever owned and operated it

• Like 2

On 20/09/2021 at 10:18, The Stationmaster said:

OT of course but if Yeoman had gone ahead with their early idea to purchase a fleet of refurbished1000s/Class 52s from BR they could imaginatively have ended up in a livery rather like that.  

and RMWebbers would have called it wrong in droves......

Les

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone else find their GT3 a little rattly when running? I’ve had a look over it and can’t see any loose screws or anything that shouldn’t be. Is this just the wheels rattling around in the frames? Does it when running with sound on and off so I know it’s nothing to do with the sound. 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Does anyone else find their GT3 a little rattly when running? I’ve had a look over it and can’t see any loose screws or anything that shouldn’t be. Is this just the wheels rattling around in the frames? Does it when running with sound on and off so I know it’s nothing to do with the sound. 

Yes, mine does sound as if it's about the start shedding vital bits, but hasn't (yet).

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

This might be of use - worth a check. First one the problem, second is what was done (or not done)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YO3ASetUM&t=1070s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_uOkZieu4&t=15s

Dave

On 20/09/2021 at 09:13, adb968008 said:

88AEEF0F-6868-421B-816D-4439E202F115.jpeg.52adebeb6eb5fbe971332bd1c3360bef.jpeg

with details like depot code, and retro shed code, headlight, ohle flashes, cantrail, plated over headcodes, the other end even has a retro red disc. The respray / detail was done for me by SquirrelRail.

It’s a fictitious livery as far as GT3 is concerned.