KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

This might be of use - worth a check. First one the problem, second is what was done (or not done)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1YO3ASetUM&t=1070s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_uOkZieu4&t=15s

Dave

Thanks hadn’t seen that before. No loose glazing or screws anywhere. Come to the conclusion that it could just be the copper pickup plates rattling against the frames of the tender as it runs. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Have just received a KR Models update e-mail. For the 2nd production GT3, the manufacture and assembly are now complete and the models will be in packaging this week. 

Does anyone know the differences between first and second runs?

Of course the bogie and front buffer beam (same as replacements for 1st run), but what about tender springs and possibility of more flexibility with the lighting control.

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Does anyone know the differences between first and second runs?

Of course the bogie and front buffer beam (same as replacements for 1st run), but what about tender springs and possibility of more flexibility with the lighting control.

I doubt it. They didn’t say any modifications would be done.  

On 26/09/2021 at 10:54, The Stationmaster said:

It's a fictitious livery as far as anything is concerned - not just GT3.  But if it's what folk will buy then nowt wrong with it - just don't promote it as a BR livery (which it isn't).

Only 14 of the limited run of 200 left unsold, they report.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/09/2021 at 10:54, The Stationmaster said:

It's a fictitious livery as far as anything is concerned - not just GT3.  But if it's what folk will buy then nowt wrong with it - just don't promote it as a BR livery (which it isn't).

It's based on the BR blue livery which is a real livery even if it was never carried by GT3.  I am not  getting a blue GT3 but if I did, I would get out the paintbrush to get rid of the yellow in inappropriate places.  The purpose of the yellow is to make a locomotive more visible when viewed from some distance along the track.  Painting the grills on the side does nothing for this purpose, not to mention that they would not stay blue for long.

I have no problem with a blue GT3 even if there was never a prototype blue GT3 so long as it is realistically done.  The station on my layout is not based on a real station, so in that regard it is fictional. However I do my best to make it look realistic.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

What? In the opening pages of this thread we were assured, by those who know, that this was at best an ill-researched no-hoper, or at worst a scam or vapourware. 

Amazing turnaround. So much for keyboard punditry.

Full marks to them - they deserve it.

I was a doubting Thomas - not helped by their somewhat unconventional / confrontational public persona - but I am pleased that they are thriving and I look forward to receiving 10100 and DHP1.

CJI.

• Like 7
  • Agree 5

13 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

What? In the opening pages of this thread we were assured, by those who know, that this was at best an ill-researched no-hoper, or at worst a scam or vapourware. 

Amazing turnaround. So much for keyboard punditry.

Yes, there are some on here who were very quick to rubbish KR after five minutes with absolutely no justification whatsoever for doing so. They should apologise to KR. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, D9001 said:

Yes, there are some on here who were very quick to rubbish KR after five minutes with absolutely no justification whatsoever for doing so. They should apologise to KR. 

I can smell Bacon getting fried again.....

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, D9001 said:

I can smell Bacon getting fried again.....

Give it a rest. 

GT3 was a model I was interested in but I’m glad I did not purchase it as I would have been unhappy with the mistakes and lack of attention to detail.  I have handled and run one and noted problems with the pick ups which have also been noted noted by a poster in the last few days and I think this is an issue which will not go away. 

If purchasers are happy to put money up front for many undelivered products that’s their choice, but to expect those that questioned why an unknown person in another country wanted money up front for a model with no clear delivery date, a complete misunderstanding of distance selling and gdpr then you need to stroll on. 

Hornby naming the GT3 as model of the year with its issues and mistakes says more about HM and it’s relationship with KR. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Give it a rest. 

GT3 was a model I was interested in but I’m glad I did not purchase it as I would have been unhappy with the mistakes and lack of attention to detail.  I have handled and run one and noted problems with the pick ups which have also been noted noted by a poster in the last few days and I think this is an issue which will not go away. 

If purchasers are happy to put money up front for many undelivered products that’s their choice, but to expect those that questioned why an unknown person in another country wanted money up front for a model with no clear delivery date, a complete misunderstanding of distance selling and gdpr then you need to stroll on. 

Hornby naming the GT3 as model of the year with its issues and mistakes says more about HM and it’s relationship with KR. 

The Hornby Magazine awards are voted by the public the people who buy models. My GT3 runs perfectly has since day one. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Regardless of your thoughts on the model, which are not entirely unfair, this shows more about your lack of understanding with the vote than if you'd not tried for the snide remark at the end.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Administrators

That's a very serious allegation. As others have said, this was a public vote. Unless you have actual evidence of the fraud you are claiming, I should wind back the rhetoric please. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

That's a very serious allegation. As others have said, this was a public vote. Unless you have actual evidence of the fraud you are claiming, I should wind back the rhetoric please. 

Did I suggest fraud was committed in the vote?

HM gave it a somewhat glowing revue and promoted it with video of the EP running on the test track without any mention of its shortcomings but lots of info about how to order and pay for it. That's not what I would call an impartial revue, but an unhealthy relationship between an unknown commissioner and magazine.

I've now seen (and been sent clips) of several of these models and the tendency is to run like a bag of nails, model of the year it certainly isn't unless we've gone back to the 1970's

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

HM gave it a somewhat glowing revue and promoted it with video of the EP running on the test track without any mention of its shortcomings but lots of info about how to order and pay for it. That's not what I would call an impartial revue, but an unhealthy relationship between an unknown commissioner and magazine.

I've now seen (and been sent clips) of several of these models and the tendency is to run like a bag of nails, model of the year it certainly isn't unless we've gone back to the 1970's

Give it up please, you only embarrass yourself further with each post on this subject

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Monkersson said:

Give it up please, you only embarrass yourself further with each post on this subject

How am I embarrassed?  I'm happy with my decision not to purchase. What I get fed up with is the constant sniping with comments such as this

3 hours ago, D9001 said:

If you bothered to read the thread all the way back to the beginning you would find that I was questioning but generally supportive, I spoke to KR at Warley , I even sent information to possibly help make it a better model but heard nothing.  So reading cr@p posts such as that deserve a response.

I would say that The Fell was another model I intended to make some years ago and collected and sought out as much information as possible (photographs of both sides on one day) but decided not to bother sharing this information to better it, if it brought the same response as this thread.  

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

4 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

You certainly insinuated it. That was very clear.

47 minutes ago, Monkersson said:

I'm inclined to agree. You don't like the model. You didn't buy the model. You have no intention of buying the model. That's fine, it's only a model train - why are you still posting in this thread?

Can I suggest your time would be better spent building a superior GT3 from the available kits.

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

I'm inclined to agree. You don't like the model. You didn't buy the model. You have no intention of buying the model. That's fine, it's only a model train - why are you still posting in this thread?

I always thought that the idea of RMWeb was a place where people could exchange information and opinions on modelling and what was available. Are you're saying that you can only express an opinion if you've purchased a model ?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

To be fair I was a skeptic too and with hindsite I agree unfairly as recent to that I was stung by the DJM models debacle which clouded my judgement. However I have decided to give them a go and order a GT3 from the second run via rails of Sheffield my theory being that should anything go wrong Rails will refund although I feel this is unlikely.

Anyway my feeling is that the award by Hornby mag is voted by the public and is hopefully an indication of the quality of the model so I feel more confident than ever I should receive a quality product and will give me confidence to buy again from KR models should they produce anything I am interested in.

9 hours ago, mvwilson said:

The Hornby Magazine awards are voted by the public the people who buy models. My GT3 runs perfectly has since day one. 

Yep I plugged in a Vote for this model. Well done KR. Ok the lights coming on in the front bug me a bit and I fixed the steps and waiting for the replacement front bogie but sure beats the black 5 chassis that I would of stuck under the resin kit that I sold on to fund this a bit.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2