KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• 2 weeks later...

Placed my order for a BR Blue GT3 at the start of the month for some of the few still available, not sure how many are left now, but I'm really excited to get it - not sure when it will arrive in the post, theres some to order on Rails I believe it says November, but despite a few comments about how 'realistic' a fictional livery may look, I dont mind the yellow grills on the side so much.
image.png.65aa828e2aeb732047a67ab297d1065b.png
It matches the one on the front and the one on the roof, so I imagine they would have done it to keep consistent, along with the yellow lines on the side, it makes sense to me in its own way.
image.png.ea6329e75490dfca2e8ecfb07082a278.png
Its a very handsome boi of an engine, I LOVE its design and it looks so good in the blue livery. The GT3 has such a sad story and its a shame it never got to live to see BR Blue as from this I think he would have fit right in...but it lives in model form now.

Cant wait until it comes, gonna fit right at home, am an excited lass indeed ♥

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 minutes ago, Mainlinefreighter58 said:

Does anyone know when the update kit will be available ? i recall them saying they were sending out new bufferbeams and front bogie to correct the errors not seen in the second batch?

I would imagine that it will be available around the same time that the second batch is delivered.

CJI.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stewartingram said:

How does this tie in with delivery date? (I haven't kept up with this over the months but do have one ordered & paid for - I'm just patiently waiting).

That depends on availability of containers to load them in, a ship becoming available to carry it, a UK port having some space for the ship to dock and unload that container, and enough HGV drivers being available at this end to take the container to its unloading place.

Given those four major unknowns I suspect KR Models haven't the faintest idea when the models will turn up.

No point in doing anything other than wait.......

Les

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

That depends on availability of containers to load them in, a ship becoming available to carry it, a UK port having some space for the ship to dock and unload that container, and enough HGV drivers being available at this end to take the container to its unloading place.

Given those four major unknowns I suspect KR Models haven't the faintest idea when the models will turn up.

Les

There is more than one way of getting a model from China to Western Europe.  Air transport appears to be available (yes, it does cost more) and Accurascale have used rail recently.  It all depends on the economics and how committed any business might be to trying to get its products to its customers but nobody will know until the models actually arrive or until KR say what method and route they are using.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Les1952 said:

Les

Nothing like being positive then!  lol :)

Those same comments would apply to all manufacturers' estimated delivery schedules

• Agree 2

On 27/10/2021 at 11:55, Colin_McLeod said:

Nothing like being positive then!  lol :)

Those same comments would apply to all manufacturers' estimated delivery schedules

Exactly.  that is the world we are currently in.

No point in moaning about it- expect stuff when it arrives.

On 27/10/2021 at 10:33, The Stationmaster said:

There is more than one way of getting a model from China to Western Europe.  Air transport appears to be available (yes, it does cost more) and Accurascale have used rail recently.  It all depends on the economics and how committed any business might be to trying to get its products to its customers but nobody will know until the models actually arrive or until KR say what method and route they are using.

I'm told by one importer I know that there is a waiting list of uncertain length for air slots- unless you have a "same day every week for x tonnes" arrangement.

There was news that the weekly through freight train was increasing (had increased?) its frequency, but even that doesn't carry a huge number of containers per train.

Les

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/02/2021 at 11:51, AY Mod said:

10.jpg

More info - close up from Andy v

image.png.d330adc71ee3099337bf6e7378a7dbcb.png

I wonder if a modifed (green) tender frame will be available as a retrofit for run 1 and if the same is done for the prototype green frames of the 2nd run?

What would be very welcome is a new PCB. All the connections are plugged in and the existing PCB is just secured by screws. It looks as if it would be very easy to swap them. All then that would remain would be to colour the front tail lamps red with sweet paper or a red pen.

2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

What would be very welcome is a new PCB. All the connections are plugged in and the existing PCB is just secured by screws. It looks as if it would be very easy to swap them. All then that would remain would be to colour the front tail lamps red with sweet paper or a red pen.

Yes that would be great to have that, The Front 'rear' lights coming all the time are a right bug bear. Are we to get new bogies also to retrofit to the original batch?

9 hours ago, 69843 said:

The irony is the tender frame is STILL wrong despite this correction-the very much visible circular cut-out in the frame rear has still not been applied.

That circular cut-out should be an easy fix, assuming there isn't tender frame structure behind it...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, oleander said:

Just recived an email from KR models. It allows people who got the first run of GT3 to register for a free replacment font bogie. 
Via nice of KR models to do that.

Buffer beam replacement also included in the pack

• RMweb Gold

The link worked for me but it just asked for my name, email and phone no. No delivery address information was requested.

Just re-tried the link and it now says “product not found” as Metr0land states.

Looks like KR will have to have a second go at getting this sorted.

Darius

Edited by Darius43