KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

3 hours ago, ColinK said:

Please stop showing photos of the blue one - I’m trying to resist.

I tried resisting

But when I saw it in the flesh at the Great Electric Train Show in October I went home and ordered a sound version that night.

Haven't had a chance to run it or hear it yet.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gpplumy said:

I'm not sure if any blue are left. It was a fairly limited run

Let's hope those that are tempted can pick one up... (probably for stupid money on eBay).

My bluey arrived about half an hour ago and it looks (and runs) great. I know it never ran with that livery, but it does look rather splendid with the large BR logo on the 'tender'. I did ummm and ahhh over whether to go for it, but I'm so glad I did now that it is here.

Also, another (sound) turbine loco added to the prototype shed much to the dismay of the cat!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I had two surprises yesterday.  One of my bus passengers handed me a Christmas Card, when I opened it later I was amazed to discover inside a £20 note; then back at the depot there was a memo saying we were getting a unexpected pay rise in January.  So I just had to order a blue GT3.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

GT3's are at Rails, they are processing orders.

They received a few more DCC fitted models than had been planned for.  So my unfitted GT3 order was upgraded for free.  No complaints from me!  :)

Yeah, noticed something odd with mine.  Paypal has taken £173 (£30 deposit), but my invoice is for £229, the dcc fitted price

• Like 1

Just received my GT3, ordered from KR models when the 2nd batch were announced. Very pleased with the model so far. One strange thing, I ordered and paid for a DC version (DCC ready), but have received a DCC Fitted version. Others above, who ordered from Rails DCC ready  have received DCC Fitted at no extra cost. I'm wondering if the factory made way to many Fitted versions, or is there a distribution issue. Not a problem for me, as it comes with a DC blanking plate, but I will let Michael at KR know.

Edited by rembrow
correction
  • Agree 1

My sound fitted GT3 arrived this morning, all intact with no visible damage. Put it on my test track and nothing! Checking all connections to track and all OK. The tender to loco connection looked possibly not fully connected so pulled apart and refitted, still looked as if not fully connected though. Tried again and nothing still so went to programming mode and read loco, came back as 0000 ?!? Did a decoder reset, 8 to F8 and loco working nice and smooth. Sounds all working but lights on loco not on but tender red lights on with F0 on or off, F0 just makes them go from bright to not so bright - very strange….. Cab lights not working either and F20 does not turn tender lights off.

I don’t want to start digging deeper yet but would welcome any suggestions please.

15 minutes ago, Martin_R said:

My sound fitted GT3 arrived this morning, all intact with no visible damage. Put it on my test track and nothing! Checking all connections to track and all OK. The tender to loco connection looked possibly not fully connected so pulled apart and refitted, still looked as if not fully connected though. Tried again and nothing still so went to programming mode and read loco, came back as 0000 ?!? Did a decoder reset, 8 to F8 and loco working nice and smooth. Sounds all working but lights on loco not on but tender red lights on with F0 on or off, F0 just makes them go from bright to not so bright - very strange….. Cab lights not working either and F20 does not turn tender lights off.

I don’t want to start digging deeper yet but would welcome any suggestions please.

Firstly I would remove the tender body and check the connections on the circuit board. If that doesn't help I'd send it back for replacement.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Firstly I would remove the tender body and check the connections on the circuit board. If that doesn't help I'd send it back for replacement.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve checked all the various connections plus I checked the decoder was correctly located. The fact that the tender red lights just dim when F0 is off leads me to think there is a possible wiring issue.

7 minutes ago, scots region said:

47A2EFC2-4F72-4E1F-8EA4-725AB4D148A6.jpeg.5c5ef2cb847af5748a6825f8d83f3a3e.jpeg

I think I’ve been given a DCC version by accident. 

There appears to be more DCC fitted than unfitted from the factory based on the percentage of orders.  Rails was kind enough to ask their unfitted customers if they would like fitted models.  I told them I could go either way, so a fitted is on the way.  :)

Be interested to know if the DCC fitted is also programmed to run on DC as well as DCC.  If that is the case, it really shouldn't matter which model you receive. 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

There appears to be more DCC fitted than unfitted from the factory based on the percentage of orders.  Rails was kind enough to ask their unfitted customers if they would like fitted models.  I told them I could go either way, so a fitted is on the way.  :)

Be interested to know if the DCC fitted is also programmed to run on DC as well as DCC.  If that is the case, it really shouldn't matter which model you receive. 

Unless you try running it on an old H&M Duette (or similar).

A sure way to fry decoders.

• Agree 1

Can anyone tell me what this part does? It was loose in the box for my regular GT3 which arrived today. Dont recognise it, was tucked underneath the coupling on the tender at the back. I double checked the box from my Blue Boi GT3 who arrived on monday, and there wasn't anything like this in there, and I have no idea what it is. I dont want to go taking things apart when I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Otherwise, very happy! Both turned up before christmas and visually look amazing. Very heavy, amazing detail, the finish on them is super shiny and nice, no damage that I can see and well packaged...just this mystery part I can't identify. I only ordered a standard DC model that was 'ready' not a DCC or Sound fitted one so...peoples thoughts? I'm a bit confused.

IMG_20211223_152648673.jpg

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Lillian_R said:

Can anyone tell me what this part does? It was loose in the box for my regular GT3 which arrived today. Dont recognise it, was tucked underneath the coupling on the tender at the back. I double checked the box from my Blue Boi GT3 who arrived on monday, and there wasn't anything like this in there, and I have no idea what it is. I dont want to go taking things apart when I'm not sure what I'm doing.

That's a 21 pin DCC blanking plug.

If you have a DCC fitted loco, they are often included as a loose item.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1