KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold

I personally don't think I *need* a GT3 so at the moment I'm not interested, but it's a great model to produce in RTR. Best of luck with it, I'm hoping it's a great success and you end up doing something I DO want ;)

6 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I personally don't think I *need* a GT3 so at the moment I'm not interested, but it's a great model to produce in RTR. Best of luck with it, I'm hoping it's a great success and you end up doing something I DO want ;)

Email your wants list and we'll take a look to see if there's anything on it that we may consider.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

I’m hoping that next release is the original version of the LNER’s Hush-Hush 4-6-4. Very P2-esque at the front but still such a stand out shape. 

We are working on getting the plans for the Hush Hush.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I've chosen to support this project on the basis that I want a model of GT3 and think that this offers by far the best chance of getting one of a modern RTR standard. I'd also like to politely point out to those people that seem to be using KR Model's lack of a track record as a basis to bash them seem to have disregarded that there was a time when everyone in this industry didnt have a track record...

Simply put, lets cut the guy some slack and actually wait to see what happens hmm? 

EDIT: Not a comment on anyone specific (and if you feel that it is, i apologise, was not my intention), just a general feeling that  I have formed from reading the posts on here

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/04/2019 at 02:03, KR Models said:

Email your wants list and we'll take a look to see if there's anything on it that we may consider.

If it was on ex-GE metals in 1939 then I'm interested :)

• RMweb Gold

I really want a GT3.

unfortunately my confidence is a bit too low to invest, ive not seen enough to convince me. My susequent due diligence found things that further concerned me.

I really do want one, but at this stage I will not commit.

Further down the road at an EP stage I would be convinced, though this project is unusually closing its order book much further up the process than, well any other rtr project I can think of,  which just adds to my concerns.

I dont doubt the sincerity of the project, but crowd funding has its reputation and this project is being tackled from an unconventional angle compounding that.

Best of luck with the project, I hope it works, I will have to take my chances on ebay. 

Thats my honest answer and opinion, I hope i wont be savaged for that, it afterall is only a model.

Sorry.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I really want a GT3.

unfortunately my confidence is a bit too low to invest, ive not seen enough to convince me. My susequent due diligence found things that further concerned me.

I really do want one, but at this stage I will not commit.

Further down the road at an EP stage I would be convinced, though this project is unusually closing its order book much further up the process than, well any other rtr project I can think of,  which just adds to my concerns.

I dont doubt the sincerity of the project, but crowd funding has its reputation and this project is being tackled from an unconventional angle compounding that.

Best of luck with the project, I hope it works, I will have to take my chances on ebay. 

Thats my honest answer and opinion, I hope i wont be savaged for that, it afterall is only a model.

Sorry.

Fully respect your decision. We have reached the minimum number needed for production anyway so we aren’t losing out, you are. Best of luck on eBay. 

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Snip . . 

My susequent due diligence found things that further concerned me.

Snip . . 

Snip.

Out of interest, what are the 'further things' and 'unconventional angle' that concern you?

G

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

We have reached the minimum number needed for production anyway so we aren’t losing out, you are.

I found it interesting that you said "We", rather than "KR Models".  Are you by any chance part of this project, apart from being a crowdfunder?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, polybear said:

I found it interesting that you said "We", rather than "KR Models".  Are you by any chance part of this project, apart from being a crowdfunder?

Nope no connection other than being a funder. 

Edited by Hilux5972
Spelling correction

As a 'crowdfunded' project, every investor has a vested interest in the completion of the project.   We only went down this route, because of the capital cost it takes to produce a model of this complexity.   We should have evidence within about two months of the CAD drawings and we hope to have the EP samples on display at Warley.  All the major magazines will also receive EP samples as part of the publicity for the project.   

If once the order book has closed that there is still sufficient interest in the GT3, we may decide to produce a 2nd run.   

On 09/04/2019 at 05:07, Hilux5972 said:

My susequent due diligence found things that further concerned me.

I am very curious as to what was of great concern??

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, KR Models said:

I am very curious as to what was of great concern??

That wasn’t me that said that, it was adb968008. Not sure why it’s got my name quoted there. 

Edited by Hilux5972

9 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

That wasn’t me that said that, it was adb968008. Not sure why it’s got my name quoted there. 

I'm not sure either, I pulled it from his quote.  Oh well, will probably never hear back anyways.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2019 at 17:44, Hilux5972 said:

A photo on the Facebook page shows a motor from the factory that has twin flywheels. Hopefully should provide plenty of pulling power. 

One flywheel will be removed to make room for the worm gear.

I would just like to repeat, after recent events, that we have no connection with DJ Models.  The GT3 project is moving along wonderfully.  The CAD drawings will be out by the end of May and the tooling begins in July.  Delivery is expected April/May 2020.

Edited by KR Models
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, KR Models said:

I would just like to repeat, after recent events, that we have no connection with DJ Models.  The GT3 project is moving along wonderfully.  The CAD drawings will be out by the end of May and the tooling begins in July.  Delivery is expected April/May 2020.

Is that on the presumption that there are no changes to the CAD ? Or is there a factory slot booked which can still be used even if changes are required.

3 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Is that on the presumption that there are no changes to the CAD ? Or is there a factory slot booked which can still be used even if changes are required.

As it stands yes, but the timeline that we have set out with the factory incorporates and changes and amendments.  Once we have the EP samples, then the final fine tuning will commence?  

Are you or have you placed an order?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:51, Hilux5972 said:

KR has released the first CAD image. Some talented young CAD artists out there these days! 

A2CAD129-D2B4-4069-9AD2-419FCB3F8398.jpeg

I hope you've instructed your lawyers to send a threatening letter to KRModels for stealing your IP:D:diablo_mini:

Sorry, poor taste, I'll let myself out.

• Funny 2

32 minutes ago, KR Models said:

We have a HUGE announcement coming at the end of the week.  I may post it here, or you may see it elsewhere.

I hope that you've been taking note of what happened to the last guy who announced an announcement !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4