KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

1 hour ago, njee20 said:

I thought if you were selling in the UK then you have to disclose a business address on your website?

to me the fact you’re in Canada is material, and it feels like you’re trying to obfuscate that. 

Sorry 

its if your based in the UK 

if it were as you say all web mail order sites would have to up there address not just UK ones 

UK law can only Apply  to UK 

I get the following error message when trying to pay the next installment This payment method is temporarily unavailable. Error details: Payment method is not configured. Please choose another payment method. The only payment option is credit card and I put debit card details in, is this the problem and if so can we have a debit card option and paypal for those that prefer that.

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Sails said:

I get the following error message when trying to pay the next installment This payment method is temporarily unavailable. Error details: Payment method is not configured. Please choose another payment method. The only payment option is credit card and I put debit card details in, is this the problem and if so can we have a debit card option and paypal for those that prefer that.

For payment service providers (worldpay, stripe etc) there is no difference between Credit and Debit cards, (although there may be a different service charge) so it is likely there is an issue with the service provider.

Paypal do not like 'crowdfunding'  and don't allow it on their platform, you used to be able to but  you had satisfy a host of criteria they set. The last time I looked the links to progress an application were dead so likely they have decided not to allow it anymore.

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, mozzer models said:

Sorry 

its if your based in the UK 

if it were as you say all web mail order sites would have to up there address not just UK ones 

UK law can only Apply  to UK 

Ah yes, fair enough. So obviously any purchases from KR Models aren’t protected by the Consumer Contract Regulation either. Having a .co.uk domain feels disingenuous as this isn’t clear to me. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sails said:

We have noticed there is an issue with the website, we are working on it now to get it fixed.  We will send out a notification once it's complete.  We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

• Thanks 1

Second payment request recieved. With wishing to challenge or critique other posts caution (which I’m sure is well intentioned) I WILL be supporting. It’s a balance and without pretending to have access to a full evaluation of the project viability, the advertising and website (mostly) look professional to me. Obviously it’s an emotional choice, but I trust that I’ll be receiving my GT 3 in due course!   

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

the advertising and website (mostly) look professional to me.  

Having written a GDPR statement last year I have noted the 'minimalist' approach .....

25 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

Second payment request recieved.

It's at 2nd payment stage then it must be at, or close to tooling.  Cad is relatively cheap but tooling is where the real money gets spent, so with 65% of the monies requested it must have rocketed along from the last update. 

1 hour ago, KR Models said:

use the PayPal option.

That's interesting as Paypal claim they wont facilitate 'crowdfunding', mind you they change their policies often.

In case you're not aware DJ Models came unstuck using PayPal to take payments, as the balance billowed it attracted attention and PayPal locked the account so DJM could only refund deposits and not transfer the funds to pay for development costs.

PayPal does not support crowdfunding on it's platform.

Edited by woodenhead
missed a 'not'
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, miles73128 said:

Second payment request recieved. With wishing to challenge or critique other posts caution (which I’m sure is well intentioned) I WILL be supporting. It’s a balance and without pretending to have access to a full evaluation of the project viability, the advertising and website (mostly) look professional to me. Obviously it’s an emotional choice, but I trust that I’ll be receiving my GT 3 in due course!   

The tooling is scheduled to commence in July, so we are still on track, (pardon the pun).  We haven't come off the rails just yet.  However, we are having a few issues with the new website payment portal.  The cart and the merchant processing company are not talking to each other.  

You will receive your model. We will have the EP samples at Warley this year.   

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

8 hours ago, KR Models said:

The tooling is scheduled to commence in July, so we are still on track, (pardon the pun).  We haven't come off the rails just yet.  However, we are having a few issues with the new website payment portal.  The cart and the merchant processing company are not talking to each other.  

You will receive your model. We will have the EP samples at Warley this year.   

Will that include the N gauge one as well?

Once again completely ignores any post other than the ones involving paying punters.  No one is trying to derail the project as it is under development,  however,  in my mind both the CAD's and the website are not what I would think "convincing" as both look rather basic.   Ignoring anyone other than a paying crowdfunder treats the individual as an outsider and not as a future customer simply wanting reassurance that any future investment has a better than even chance of succeeding.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Once again completely ignores any post other than the ones involving paying punters.  No one is trying to derail the project as it is under development,  however,  in my mind both the CAD's and the website are not what I would think "convincing" as both look rather basic.   Ignoring anyone other than a paying crowdfunder treats the individual as an outsider and not as a future customer simply wanting reassurance that any future investment has a better than even chance of succeeding.

By future investment do you mean future model yet to be announced or this current model that will be released in the future? 

21 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

By future investment do you mean future model yet to be announced or this current model that will be released in the future? 

I believe that this model is fully funded.  I was referring to a future release not yet announced so am interested in seeing this current project succeed.  I believe though that the proprietor really needs to be more open and forthcoming if he wishes to allay any criticism.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, GWR-fan said:

I believe that this model is fully funded. 

'Pedant mode on'

As with other crowdfunded projects, this had enough at the first stage to prepare CADs, it's now at the 2nd payment stage with the 3rd and final to follow.  Could we actually say it's 'fully funded' until all the monies required to complete it are in and accounted for ?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

'Pedant mode on'

As with other crowdfunded projects, this had enough at the first stage to prepare CADs, it's now at the 2nd payment stage with the 3rd and final to follow.  Could we actually say it's 'fully funded' until all the monies required to complete it are in and accounted for ?

“Pedant Mode expanded”

3rd and final for the DCC Ready. DCC Sound users, like myself, have a 4th payment which covers the Sound Decoder. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

'Pedant mode on'

“Pedant Mode expanded”

3rd and final for the DCC Ready. DCC Sound users, like myself, have a 4th payment which covers the Sound Decoder. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

“Pedant Mode expanded”

"Pedant mode going into overdrive" 

As the 4th payment covers the sound option, it's not really for the production of the model (sound file excepted) so the 3 payments are the funding :D 

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

"Pedant mode going into overdrive" 

As the 4th payment covers the sound option, it's not really for the production of the model (sound file excepted) so the 3 payments are the funding :D 

“Pendant mode going into hyper speed”

Technically it does because if I don’t pay that, the sound files doesn’t get produced and I don’t get my sound model :laugh:

and maybe now now I should stop before we get this thread locked on us haha

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

“Pendant mode going into hyper speed”

Technically it does because if I don’t pay that, the sound files doesn’t get produced and I don’t get my sound model :laugh:

and maybe now now I should stop before we get this thread locked on us haha

But...but..I have "Pedant Mode going to Warp" lined up for use...:D

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Will that include the N gauge one as well?

Not yet, we haven't secured enough interest in the N gauge version, but the 'Expression of interest' is now live again, so hopefully, this will continue to gain more interest.

• Informative/Useful 1

23 minutes ago, KR Models said:

Not yet, we haven't secured enough interest in the N gauge version, but the 'Expression of interest' is now live again, so hopefully, this will continue to gain more interest.

Excellent! I'll keep a close eye.

Is there any chance of updating your website or this thread with the number of orders? Or atleast a percentage of it? So we'll know how far along we're getting with it?