Jump to content

KRModels announce a GT3 Model


micklner
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold
On 26/01/2021 at 21:43, Michael Hodgson said:

The justification of that is you are paying for the service  (= Not the stamp, but sticking it on).

What annoys me is that here there is a flat rate charge of £18 for 'adminsitration', even on a package that cost less than £15 and where there was already  paid Danish VAT of 25%

  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Daholmes19 said:

Thank you for the suggestion AY Mod

 

I have worked out how to upload my file to Youtube, link below

 

Cheers

Dave

 

 

Fantastic. Even more excited, Can't wait for mine to arrive.

 

Thanks for sharing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Daholmes19 said:

Apparently, according to the spec sheet, F8 is a "Toilet pipe discharge" if anyone's interested I can record it tomorrow and post that along with any other requests......

Dave

 

A quick check that its 272mm over buffers (plus a bit for the compromises of the loco-tender coupling around non-scale curves) would be welcome in light of recent releases.

 

Jon

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Daholmes19 said:

Apparently, according to the spec sheet, F8 is a "Toilet pipe discharge" if anyone's interested I can record it tomorrow and post that along with any other requests......

Dave

Wouldn’t that be a No2 rather than 8......? :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Funny 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

It runs very smoothly, DCC only of course, whoever set up the CV's did an excellent job. The wheels are well aligned too, nowhere near as much oscillation/rocking side to side as a Hornby Castle etc. I couldn't be happier with it.

 

jonhall, as best as I can measure it's 274 to 275mm long on the straight section of track, tender coupling "at rest" for straight ahead, from buffer head to buffer head. The tender coupling has slots that look like seagulls wings, just like a Keen Systems close coupler, which to me looks like it will lengthen the drawbar by upto 4mm on a tight curve, 2mm movement each on the tender and loco.

 

Dave 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, dibber25 said:

Found this while looking for something else entirely. Nice George Heiron painting of GT3. Unfortunately the feature which says 'scale drawings' turns out to be the well-known internal equipment layout diagram reproduced to 4mm:ft scale so only really useful for length and height dimensions, though I have to say I found the printed version of the diagram somewhat sharper than the versions found when I Googled GT3 images. (CJL)

MRN GT3 cover.jpeg

Love this type of picture, reminds me of my childhood.

Cannot wait for GT3 to arrive.

Must to try and recreate this line-up as I have the other locos!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2021 at 22:34, Daholmes19 said:

My GT3 arrived safe and sound in South West Ontario Canada this morning, all I can say is it was WELL worth the wait, the model is stunning. There's also an extra item included along with the detail pack, a pleasant surprise, I won't spoil that by mentioned it.

 

KR Models are to be congratulated on pushing on through all the obstacles, and occasional (lol) criticism, and delivering a stunning model.

 

Looking forward to the Fell and eventually the Leader.

 

Cheers

Dave

IMG-9299.jpg

Is is easy enough to straighten the Front Steps?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the missing spring details were there to be seen on the model that Hornby Magazine showed in their short video. I also query the loco having a compressed air whistle sound, when if you look at pictures of the front of the loco, two diesel type horn trumpets can be seen hiding just behind / below the front buffer beam.

 

Mike C

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 217 RIVER FLESK said:

Well the missing spring details were there to be seen on the model that Hornby Magazine showed in their short video. I also query the loco having a compressed air whistle sound, when if you look at pictures of the front of the loco, two diesel type horn trumpets can be seen hiding just behind / below the front buffer beam.

 

Mike C

the instructions posted a few days ago showed 3 options for horns/whistles

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

the instructions posted a few days ago showed 3 options for horns/whistles

Well I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to cut me some slack when it comes to not sitting down and reading the instructions that were posted on here, as I have never had any intention of buying the loco due to it not having visited my preferred area of the country

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 217 RIVER FLESK said:

Well I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to cut me some slack when it comes to not sitting down and reading the instructions that were posted on here, as I have never had any intention of buying the loco due to it not having visited my preferred area of the country

Wasn't intended as a moan towards you, just pointing out that that was what was included. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 28/01/2021 at 19:01, Daholmes19 said:

Apparently, according to the spec sheet, F8 is a "Toilet pipe discharge" if anyone's interested I can record it tomorrow and post that along with any other requests......

Dave

Hope its a just a dry run.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

12.jpg

14.jpg

 

Whilst there may be minor identifiable issues the overall feel and execution of the model is very, very good, irrespective whether it's a business's first introduction to the marketplace. There's much to like and little to dislike so far in my examinations.

 

Including (mini) hubcaps !!

 

The fastidious may split the horizontal grab rails at the roof panel joints - or perhaps not!

 

John Isherwood.

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Including (mini) hubcaps !!

 

Yes, they're a customer fit with a hex recess in the back. It's advisable to have a dab of adhesive to keep them in place.

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this bit of detail is missing from above the bogie?   I think it was present on previous samples?

 

Screenshot_20210201_165700_com.android.chrome.jpg.73dafaea8115c2f126f8938000b1180a.jpg

Edit: Should say I wouldn't be surprised If this caused a few issues with tighter curves as I spotted the bogie lifting on curves in one of KR's initial running videos so would understand if it was left off for that reason. 

Edited by Pre Grouping fan
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Looks like this bit of detail is missing from above the bogie?   I think it was present on previous samples? 

 

Screenshot_20210201_165700_com.android.chrome.jpg.73dafaea8115c2f126f8938000b1180a.jpg

If you are chucking yours away then I'll happily take it of you. :)

 

Might be in the back of bits?

 

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

 

Yes, they're a customer fit with a hex recess in the back. It's advisable to have a dab of adhesive to keep them in place.

Small bit of Black-Tac might be better.....less likely to block the hex socket head if ever needed to be undone (or even tightened).

 

Whatever the fine details of this model lacks or has got it a bit wrong I think it still looks really very good and quite amazed this prototype is used as an introduction to a new market, or is it just clever marketing?

 

Either way I like it......

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...