Jump to content

KRModels announce a GT3 Model


micklner
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mine just arrived - Chocolate Zephyr!

So pleased - thank you so much KR for making this model and the others in the pipeline too.

What a good day as had only just got back from my COVID inoculation!

Hoping the third good thing comes too!  :victory:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

 Only slight problem is the loco to tender connection seems tricky.  Is there a knack to getting it to 'click into place'?

 

 

 

OORail did a vid on the connector. Not sure if that is the 'official' method?

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Very cool... would you believe a rtr GT3... previously reserve of the wealthy, those with oodles of spare time or just lucky.

6DDA4BB3-9D54-4009-B9CD-5D8AFA290A83.jpeg.bda6635af2fbd21e8d999417de36be8d.jpeg
only minor oops is that handrail needs reseating.

 

02764E54-AA88-415A-91C5-B1FBD35AC1A1.jpeg.87afe955dae9f2bbacd80098c6da596e.jpeg8C1F5737-83D3-4A7D-9E60-DB9C4B268254.jpeg.a1008d66278588d3894b42163fe39cb7.jpeg
 

Would you believe it was 55 years 1 month exactly since GT3 was sent to Wards.

 

My father, was employed by TW wards of Salford, he procured GT3 from EE, shared knowledge of its scrapping amongst Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts ( who had 2000 members around this time), and arranged Wards of Salford to open their yard for enthusiasts to come see on saturday after it arrived. Prior to this he removed various plates, discs, cab parts etc and they were given away free to those who wanted souvenirs, including carpet and curtains. 
 

so probably we are probably to within 55 years and few days or so since it wouldn't have existed.

 

 

B6C8539F-E8FC-4C74-8221-385741A8EC2A.jpeg

 

somewhere I have a disc from GT3, and some Wards paperwork, though Ive not seem it in decades otherwise would have shared before now. Unfortunately my father passed away in 2017, but he had a good of story about the scrapping of gt3, he was in an interesting place of trying to preserve a few locos, run an enthusiasts group, and scrap locos at the same time... Wards didnt scrap many, but a few were set aside, at least 1 is still here as a result, but he always regretted not finding sufficient interest in some standard 3MTs at Patricroft.


very glad this model has been done, its a bit personal for me.

well done.

 

 

 

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Opelsi said:

Mine just arrived - Chocolate Zephyr!

So pleased - thank you so much KR for making this model and the others in the pipeline too.

What a good day as had only just got back from my COVID inoculation!

Hoping the third good thing comes too!  :victory:

I missed out on the first issue but had a nice email about the second release order book end of March. Looks a great model so pleased they made it happen. I just had my jab this morning to but all I got was a creme egg for being a brave boy lol...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Very cool... would you believe a rtr GT3... previously reserve of the wealthy, those with oodles of spare time or just lucky.

6DDA4BB3-9D54-4009-B9CD-5D8AFA290A83.jpeg.bda6635af2fbd21e8d999417de36be8d.jpeg
only minor oops is that handrail needs reseating.

 

02764E54-AA88-415A-91C5-B1FBD35AC1A1.jpeg.87afe955dae9f2bbacd80098c6da596e.jpeg8C1F5737-83D3-4A7D-9E60-DB9C4B268254.jpeg.a1008d66278588d3894b42163fe39cb7.jpeg
 

Would you believe it was 55 years 1 month exactly since GT3 was sent to Wards.

 

My father, was employed by TW wards of Salford, he procured GT3 from EE, shared knowledge of its scrapping amongst Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts ( who had 2000 members around this time), and arranged Wards of Salford to open their yard for enthusiasts to come see on saturday after it arrived. Prior to this he removed various plates, discs, cab parts etc and they were given away free to those who wanted souvenirs, including carpet and curtains. 
 

so probably we are probably to within 55 years and few days or so since it wouldn't have existed.

 

 

B6C8539F-E8FC-4C74-8221-385741A8EC2A.jpeg

 

somewhere I have a disc from GT3, and some Wards paperwork, though Ive not seem it in decades otherwise would have shared before now. Unfortunately my father passed away in 2017, but he had a good of story about the scrapping of gt3, he was in an interesting place of trying to preserve a few locos, run an enthusiasts group, and scrap locos at the same time... Wards didnt scrap many, but a few were set aside, at least 1 is still here as a result, but he always regretted not finding sufficient interest in some standard 3MTs at Patricroft.


very glad this model has been done, its a bit personal for me.

well done.

 

 

 

What a 

24 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Very cool... would you believe a rtr GT3... previously reserve of the wealthy, those with oodles of spare time or just lucky.

6DDA4BB3-9D54-4009-B9CD-5D8AFA290A83.jpeg.bda6635af2fbd21e8d999417de36be8d.jpeg
only minor oops is that handrail needs reseating.

 

02764E54-AA88-415A-91C5-B1FBD35AC1A1.jpeg.87afe955dae9f2bbacd80098c6da596e.jpeg8C1F5737-83D3-4A7D-9E60-DB9C4B268254.jpeg.a1008d66278588d3894b42163fe39cb7.jpeg
 

Would you believe it was 55 years 1 month exactly since GT3 was sent to Wards.

 

My father, was employed by TW wards of Salford, he procured GT3 from EE, shared knowledge of its scrapping amongst Buckley Wells Railway Enthusiasts ( who had 2000 members around this time), and arranged Wards of Salford to open their yard for enthusiasts to come see on saturday after it arrived. Prior to this he removed various plates, discs, cab parts etc and they were given away free to those who wanted souvenirs, including carpet and curtains. 
 

so probably we are probably to within 55 years and few days or so since it wouldn't have existed.

 

 

B6C8539F-E8FC-4C74-8221-385741A8EC2A.jpeg

 

somewhere I have a disc from GT3, and some Wards paperwork, though Ive not seem it in decades otherwise would have shared before now. Unfortunately my father passed away in 2017, but he had a good of story about the scrapping of gt3, he was in an interesting place of trying to preserve a few locos, run an enthusiasts group, and scrap locos at the same time... Wards didnt scrap many, but a few were set aside, at least 1 is still here as a result, but he always regretted not finding sufficient interest in some standard 3MTs at Patricroft.


very glad this model has been done, its a bit personal for me.

well done.

 

 

 

Great story of your fathers, written material on GT3 is so rare, I remember an article in one of the first Rail Enthusiast mags in 1981 and I was captivated. Imagine where those artifacts went maybe sat in someone’s shed not knowing their significance. Looks a cracking model.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Metr0Land said:

Our local photter had a tip off that GT3 would be running on test through Mantles Wood (just north of Amserham on the Great Central route).  He managed to grab a shot in each direction.  Lovely model, hauls 7 with ease (the max I can realistically run on my layout).  Only slight problem is the loco to tender connection seems tricky.  Is there a knack to getting it to 'click into place'?

 

Edit: no fiddly bits added yet

 

rev GT3 southbound.jpg

rev GT3 northbound.jpg

 

We're pleased you like it.  It looks great on your layout.

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Perhaps a silly question but isn't that a Royal Train disc lamp code - or did it run with that headcode?

 

I think it ran (on Great Central route) with express headcodes.  Mine will be changed when I add the fiddly bits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Opelsi said:

Mine just arrived - Chocolate Zephyr!

So pleased - thank you so much KR for making this model and the others in the pipeline too.

What a good day as had only just got back from my COVID inoculation!

Hoping the third good thing comes too!  :victory:

 

Well the hoped for third piece of good news duly arrived promptly.

Someone I know was told his Sister would not last 24 hours with COVID some considerable time ago. Today She is well enough to come home.

Guess that trumps everything - never give up hope!   

  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Very cool... would you believe a rtr GT3... previously reserve of the wealthy, those with oodles of spare time or just lucky.

6DDA4BB3-9D54-4009-B9CD-5D8AFA290A83.jpeg.bda6635af2fbd21e8d999417de36be8d.jpeg
only minor oops is that handrail needs reseating.

 

 

 

 

Everything on the model looks fine except perhaps the alignment of the steps and front buffer beam. The holes that are shown on your photo are on both sides and in wider positions than the handrails. Same on mine, so perhaps this is common. The steps are also sloping backwards and this seems to be owing to the buffer beam not sitting square. The buffers and buffer platforms are pointing downwards. I assume this can be rectified but could do with some advice / permission from Keith and Mike before attempting this.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Opelsi said:

 

Well the hoped for third piece of good news duly arrived promptly.

Someone I know was told his Sister would not last 24 hours with COVID some considerable time ago. Today She is well enough to come home.

Guess that trumps everything - never give up hope!   

 

Fantastic news!

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Congratulations, Keith and Michael. For a first model from a new company you seem to have nailed it.

 

 

*waits patently for my sound version..... 

Hope it’s coming next week? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

*waits patently for my sound version..... 

Hope it’s coming next week? 

 

I'm also waiting for a sound version. 

 

Keith just said in the facebook live stream that about 400 or so orders went out yesterday and the rest should be done next week.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Everything on the model looks fine except perhaps the alignment of the steps and front buffer beam. The holes that are shown on your photo are on both sides and in wider positions than the handrails. Same on mine, so perhaps this is common. The steps are also sloping backwards and this seems to be owing to the buffer beam not sitting square. The buffers and buffer platforms are pointing downwards. I assume this can be rectified but could do with some advice / permission from Keith and Mike before attempting this.

 

Yes absolutely.  We had a small number where the handrails have popped out of the buffer beam  

Link to post
Share on other sites

More photos of unboxing.

(Sorry about the quality of photos).

The loco comes with a nice badge of GT3.

There is also an accessory pack included.

Which consists of the following:

Pipes

Screwlink chain

4 X folded headcode disks ( 2X brown and 2x green).

6 X green circle things (not sure what these are)?

Vacuum and steam heating pipes?

 

I've yet to get it onto the test track.

16162561567171963061806.jpg

1616256202430112125477.jpg

1616256399326-28406004.jpg

1616256477496400303033.jpg

1616256669123-1038642835.jpg

16162567226631188096466.jpg

Edited by Steam here!
Missed out detail
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...