KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Is there a deadman's pedal next to the toilet, how do you take a number two without having the train stop itself?

It must have been difficult, you know how it is, you are reading a paper/book and you find yourself engrossed, next thing an hour has passed.

When those engines were designed it was a two manned job.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, wainwright1 said:

Don't forget that 08 shunters had a hotplate in the cab to warm up the crews lunches !

Did GT3 have one ?

All the best

Ray

All the older diesels had hot plates......ASLEF wanted them for the billy cans :D

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

All the older diesels had hot plates......ASLEF wanted them for the billy cans :D

And not just ASLE&F - when I joined one of my crews in the cab every morning on my commute to work I always received a nice hot cuppa.  and the hotplates also made quite effective can heaters ;)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

And not just ASLE&F - when I joined one of my crews in the cab every morning on my commute to work I always received a nice hot cuppa.  and the hotplates also made quite effective can heaters ;)

Don’t worry it was a generalisation, I used ASLEF as an example as my Uncle was branch rep at the + for a very long time, I still have the badges......still remember marching through London on the “Ban the Bill” protest back in  1971......:lol:

BTW never saw ASLEF with the ampersand before.....

• Like 1

Regarding hotplates ... all locos had a hotplate in each cab. I never understood why BR started removing them at one end on 47's whilst new locos were (and still are) being built with two.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I’m surprised so many are surprised about a toilet on a locomotive.

Drivers are human and have needs.

Loads of diesels had toilets, in the US some locomotives even have sleeping compartments in their noses.

Take a look at the luxury loo inside a class 55’s nose..

http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/photo/scaled/9447/

top down and side elevation of the class 45 potty here..

(Flickr url)

Class 45 layout diagram.

several diesel locos use to have a urinal, dont know about modern locos. I recall seeing such decades ago, I cannot remember the class, but it was unsurprisingly minging.

Funny thing about the list on the drawing, it points out the boiler water feed tank and boiler water treatment tank, but fails to point out the boiler lol

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Funny thing about the list on the drawing, it points out the boiler water feed tank and boiler water treatment tank, but fails to point out the boiler lol

But it does, albeit with a strange, but accurate, name as it really was intended for carriage warming

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, dibber25 said:

The latest Rapido loco - the MLW M420 actually has the toilet modelled. As it is in the front hood of the loco, you can only see it if you dismantle the cab. (CJL)

That’s going the the n’th degree

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, dibber25 said:

The latest Rapido loco - the MLW M420 actually has the toilet modelled. As it is in the front hood of the loco, you can only see it if you dismantle the cab. (CJL)

Is it at the number one end or the number two end?  :)

• Round of applause 4
  • Funny 10

On 07/04/2021 at 23:18, dibber25 said:

It would take the most obsessive of super-detailers to install a crew member reading a newspaper with his trousers ‘round his ankles. I wonder if anyone’s done it?

1 hour ago, truffy said:

It would take the most obsessive of super-detailers to install a crew member reading a newspaper with his trousers ‘round his ankles. I wonder if anyone’s done it?

Or adding a toilet flush to the DCC sound package.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, truffy said:

Apparently this level of detail is set to become bog standard in the future.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

10 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Got a phone call from Michael today to clarify my address and to confirm that my GT3 is being despatched now complete with DCC decoder and tested.

Mines on its way!!

All of the stuff I have ordered from the UK has missed the Tax Man, Please please let this one escape the snare too!

Downside all my Cobalt are going back to DCC concepts to get a issue sorted to bus only service at the moment.

• Friendly/supportive 1