KRModels announce a GT3 Model

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

More info on the problem and the fix might be useful.

I asked if I could post pictures but I've been asked not to, he is not a member here but follows the Facebook page. I don't know for sure but he may want to ask to return it.

1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

Hardly a Myriad Surely. Tad Dramatic per Chance?

Myriad - A great number.

Dramatic ? Only if you want to see it that way.

• Like 3
On 15/04/2021 at 14:11, Georgeconna said:

Hardly a Myriad Surely. Tad Dramatic per Chance?

Chris P Bacon being dramatic about KR Models’ GT3?

Never.....

• Funny 8

Reading some of the comments on here its like being in a surreal environment. Lots of different people have noted problems on their GT3, Chris p bacon collated the ones he has seen.. but is wrong to point them out.

I hope that KR can learn from the GT3.Yes they have delivered them  (which is good) but they have some glaring errors .the bogie being a major one  the lighting being another one. This comes from a set of drawings provided to them..so it should be perfect, but the lighting needs real understanding of the locomotive. The live steam GT3 is a very well designed and built model.  

If any other manufacturer had delivered the GT3 people would have been very vocal. I  do not expect to have to change any CVs to get things to work..

No doubt I'll receive lots of protests but..a loco is not just a shiny paint finish...

Baz

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
4 hours ago, Barry O said:

I hope that KR can learn from the GT3.Yes they have delivered them  (which is good) but they have some glaring errors .the bogie being a major one  the lighting being another one. This comes from a set of drawings provided to them..so it should be perfect, but the lighting needs real understanding of the locomotive. The live steam GT3 is a very well designed and built model. 

They have learnt with regards to the bogie frames and buffer beam having the hand rail holes in the wrong place meaning they lean forward. From what I understand they will be remaking them and replacing these. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
2 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

They have learnt with regards to the bogie frames and buffer beam having the hand rail holes in the wrong place meaning they lean forward. From what I understand they will be remaking them and replacing these. 

They are doing new bogie frames, didn’t hear anything about new buffer beams though. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

They are doing new bogie frames, didn’t hear anything about new buffer beams though. 

It is in this thread somewhere. Have you read it all?

I’m not wading back through 82 pages worth lol. I bent the handrails to get in the holes and that suits me fine. I chopped the NEM pocket off the bogie too and turned it around so the guard irons are at the front as they should be. If replacement parts do get shipped to me then they will most likely remain unused in the packaging. 

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

I’m not wading back through 82 pages worth lol. I 

I reckon these 82 pages would form a good reference for a study of the psychology of crowdfunding and social media aggression during a global pandemic...

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6
17 hours ago, Barry O said:

Reading some of the comments on here its like being in a surreal environment. Lots of different people have noted problems on their GT3, Chris p bacon collated the ones he has seen.. but is wrong to point them out.

Dave’s not wrong to point errors out, like anyone. But he has been one of the constant snipers in this thread, so it comes across as just more of the same-old same-old. That’s all. 

• Agree 6
  • Funny 1
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, truffy said:

Dave’s not wrong to point errors out, like anyone. But he has been one of the constant snipers in this thread, so it comes across as just more of the same-old same-old. That’s all. 

I think a fair few on here confuse pointing out errors that didn't get fixed as sniping. I wrote to KR several times with no response so made the comments public. 

Instead of brown nosing, if posters had taken the time to actually study the EP and various videos released they would have spotted the errors. Some are minor compared to others, but they were all avoidable on the finished model.

I have had several messages from others who have had similar issues with their models, but when asked to post about them have said they wont as they consider there to be too many pro KR bullies in the thread. 2 comments further up this page from 2 wastes of space tend to back that up.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3
1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

Anyone else still waiting? I emailed them nearly 3 weeks ago and was told that my order was "being processed". 

Yup. Still waiting for my pair Down Under.

5 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

Anyone else still waiting? I emailed them nearly 3 weeks ago and was told that my order was "being processed". 

Not acceptable. Resources should be put in place to get them out much sooner. How frustrating for you.

5 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

Me too it must be where we live !!! Them Canadians don't like the Welsh .

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Not acceptable. Resources should be put in place to get them out much sooner. How frustrating for you.

This is a two man band- more resources by inventing a 28 hour day?  Unless they are using  commercial premises for packing them pandemic regulations in most countries prevent getting extra people in.

Just a thought

Les

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

I'm still waiting too, all paid up in advance.

I can promise future orders but only after this order is fulfilled.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Les1952 said:

This is a two man band- more resources by inventing a 28 hour day?  Unless they are using  commercial premises for packing them pandemic regulations in most countries prevent getting extra people in.

Just a thought

Les

I'm sure there was a post from KR stating the P&P had been outsourced to a professional logistics company.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

Still waiting for a sound chip to be sent out to fit to my DCC ready model. Despite being told when double checking that my sound upgrade had been processed even though it didn't show on my website account.

Starting to think returning it for a replacement sound fitted model may have been quicker.

• Friendly/supportive 2
7 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

I'm sure there was a post from KR stating the P&P had been outsourced to a professional logistics company.

In which case they should be pushing them for a performance refund....

• Agree 5
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chris p bacon said:

I thought I'd check back to make sure I was correct on this. I know way back in the mists of time KR stated they would be sent to the UK and dealt with by a logistics Co, but I thought I'd seen something more recent.

On 09/03/2021 at 14:32, KR Models said:

Just thought that you would like to know that our shipment has arrived in port, just waiting for customs to clear it now.  No, we don't know the name of the HMRC customs officer who will sign off on the shipment.

Keith

Arrived in the UK on or about the 9th March

On 20/03/2021 at 09:35, KR Models said:

We're just working our way through the orders.  Don't worry, we have plenty to ship out.

Shipping by the 20th March

On 04/04/2021 at 00:21, 96701 said:

During the Q&A live on You Tube on the 21st March on the 8:00 minute mark Keith began a statement that resulted in that everybody would have theirs by Friday of next week which in my book was 27th March, however if the Friday of next week is Good Friday, then if nothing has happened by Tuesday  6th April, I would be doing some chasing, bearing in mind that I got my dispatch email on the 22nd March, and my first name begins with "P".

https://youtu.be/eGW0-tbScUs

All meant to be sent by the end of March?

On 05/04/2021 at 16:53, Riddles said:

The packages are being sent by James and James Fulfilment Ltd., Liliput Road, Northampton, NN4 7DT.

I couldn't say for certain whether they are dealing with non-UK orders but I would expect so.

This was the post I remember which wasn't by KR. 

If I hadn't received my order by now (35-40 days after arrival) I'd be checking order progress pronto.

• Like 2