KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

11 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I was just thinking that that floor's spotless - good job!

Is the cab lighting really that 'red' and no flicker?

Looks an interesting locomotive.

Wheelslip with 4 carriages, even if they were Pullmans - is traction a limiting factor?

Al.

Yes the cab light as fitted is really that red. Traction is quite poor around the bends. I was thinking of adding some liquid traction tyres on one wheel each side to improve it without compromising the pick ups.

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Craigs Hornby Upgrades said:

Yes the cab light as fitted is really that red. Traction is quite poor around the bends. I was thinking of adding some liquid traction tyres on one wheel each side to improve it without compromising the pick ups.

Couple of ideas.

1 Check the back to back on the GT3 as you say traction is poor on the bends

2 Haul some unlit carriages and see how it goes. The electical (lighing) pick up on the coaches may be causing extra (high) drag

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 31/12/2021 at 14:18, Bilbo said:

Yes got mine today as well and all I had was a bogie. The label on the cellophane packet says "GT3 Bogie Boffer(Buffer) Beam Parts"  but no Buffer beam. Am I and others missing something here ?

Yes I got exactly the same as you! A sealed polythene bag with the KR logo  and the print saying GT3 Bogie and "Boffer" beam. Still, the handrails are a relatively minor fix to the buffer beam.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Anyone still waiting for the replacement bogie for run 1. Even though I ordered it I am losing confidence that it will be forthcoming.

Same  here. No sign of it and no communication from KR Models

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/12/2021 at 05:35, zr2498 said:

Thanks for posting the photos.

Tender spring clasp - just about see it? On the front bogie it is clear to see by comparison (RHS of picture below)

image.png.7e09f301f88b99b364c75ba4aaf619df.png

I for one would be grateful if Keith would offer an upgrade package (tender frame and lighting modification), for those that would like to get the 1st run corrected. I know that the front bogie / buffer beam is FOC but the upgrade offered at a reasonable price?

Thats the spring buckle, I've never heard it called a clasp....

Andy G

• Informative/Useful 1