Don't look too hard and it could be a D15 Brake Third ....

Thank you, a bit of encouragement / validation always helps motivation. I await some bronze bearings and in the meantime I am using a chopped off compartment as a pattern to make compartment dividers for this and three other Triangstein's monsters.

Edited by MrWolf
typo

I did have one minor problem with the paintwork, I used, as I always have, Railmatch paint for the company colours. In the past I have airbrushed their enamel over good old Halfords white primer. A good base for the cream which is naturally not that good a covering colour. Over this, the chocolate brown. Normally this sticks like chewing gum to the proverbial blanket, but this time, even after a few days hardening off, a lack adhesion caused much profanity. The only difference is that this time I was using an aerosol and what an utter aerosol it was.... But I flatted back and it worked. I've painted an entire car with aerosols before with no problems. The paint may have been of indeterminate age, who knows. Railmatch has never caused me any problems before and I have always found that the high pigment level gives a superior finish with fewer coats. No doubt that after a 20 year gap in modelling it's a case of pilot error.