LNWR MM Loco Livery

I have the possibility to get a new Bachmann 30xx in early BR Livery but actually want a LNWR MM to go with my Webb Coal Tank. Is it possible/easy/effective to take the cycling lion off the tender and number off the cab and replace it with LNWR markings? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by MartynA

Not really considered that. Is there much difference between the two? Bachmann are still waiting to release the LNWR loco and its listed at £175. I can get an early Bachmann BR loco brand new for £56. Just thought the £110 difference was worthwhile. If it will be miles apart I'll wait till the release and pay a bit more. What would you do?

You could always take a pair of pliers to the GWR cover and get some replacement valves from a parts maker like Alan Gibson Workshop or London Road Models, there may be others as well. I think that some of the LNWR RODs, if not all, kept their original buffers but I'd have to check that. Likewise for Westinghouse air pumps. Being bone idle myself and being in the fortunate position of being able to afford it I would probably wait for the Bachmann LNWR version.