Dennis Lovett joins Locomotionmodels with Rich Barnett

Andy Y

NEW MARKETING EXECUTIVE AND RETAIL & BUSINESS ENTERPRISE MANAGER FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS

Dennis Lovett, November 2018 - picture credit to Bob Sweet.jpg

Image - Bob Sweet

Locomotionmodels, who produce "the National Collection in Miniature" for the Railway Museum at York & Locomotion at Shildon, are delighted to announce two new appointments to the team - Dennis Lovett as Exclusive Models Marketing Executive, and Richard Barnett as Retail & Business Enterprise Manager.

Richard Barnett, November 2018.jpg

Dennis joins the team in a part time role following his recent retirement from Bachmann Europe Plc where he was Public Relations Manager for 13 years. Prior to joining Bachmann, Dennis worked in the rail industry primarily in advertising, audio visual, marketing and public relations. He Iatterly served as Deputy Director Corporate Affairs for Virgin trains.

Richard will join the Business on 3 December 2018 as Retail & Business Enterprise Manager in a full-time capacity, and is swapping Red Rose for White Rose as he moves across from the East Lancashire Railway following his most recent stint as the railway's Commercial Manager. Richard comes to the team with wealth of experience in both business management and the model railway industry.

Tom Mackie, Group RetaiI Operations Manager for the Science Museum Group said: 'We are delighted to have been able to bring Dennis & Richard on board. Dennis has a wealth of experience in the model railway sector and was responsible for commissioning many of the Bachmann Collectors’ Club models over the years. Dennis also worked closely with the Railway Museum and Locomotionmodels on the launching of the first few models which were initially produced exclusively for us by Bachmann.’

Dennis has been involved in model railways for most of his life. He joined MiIton Keynes Model Railway Society on its formation in 1969 and served as Chairman for 26 years. He stood down from that role in 2014 but remains an active member.

Richard, who is a keen enthusiast, has devoted much time to volunteering over the years at Foxfield Railway and is proud to be a driver on the line.

Richard said: 'I can't wait to get started on new projects for Locomotionmodels and work with a team that has achieved so much over the years.’

”For me in many respects I am returning to my roots having been brought up in retaiI from a very early age through the family model business, Footplate. I hope that through my

background I can bring my creative and energetic sparkle to the team and look forward to the future.’

Dennis said: ‘I look forward to working with the team at Locomotionmodels to produce yet more iconic models from the National Collection over the coming years.’

tom said: 'I am sure having both Richard & Dennis on board will continue to grow our NationaI Collection in Miniature brand even further, developing what is already a successful business for the Science Museum Group'.

Dennis will be on the Locomotionmodels stand at Warley Model Railway Exhibition this weekend and looks forward to meeting both existing and potential customers on Stand D113.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Well...this has to be good news..The wheel has turned full circle and the second time a “celeb” has been headhunted by Locomotion...

It was just over four years ago that Bachmann unveiled their Ivatt Atlantic at Shildon

and Dennis was there with the full Barwell team.

Also there on that day were the model rail press and one Ben Jones with camera etc. Now he’s “ crossed over “ too

Sort of poacher turned gamekeeper...in reverse !

Exciting times and reassuring to know that Dennis’ skills and experience are not lost to our world.

Read his article in this month’s Model Rail.Some wise words there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...