DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

• RMweb Gold

I find it odd that with all the hatred of porterbrook purple on gordon highlander, its the best selling on accurascale.co.uk

9 blue choices

7 green choices

Only 1 Porterbrook (thankfully) its focussed, the others diluted.

Wonder when we will see a CIE liveried option ? - April 1st 2019 !

Edited by adb968008

Not sure if this has been asked before but do you know if there is a sound option with these locos or is it only with the ones for sale from Accurascale.

I would like Tulyar with white cabs and sound.

Baz

I was wondering about the sound option on these versions also.

I have asked the same question over at the Rails thread, link below.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/139766-accurascale-newly-tooled-oo-deltic-exclusives/

Haven't had a reply yet.

Edited by classy52

Is there a deopsit option from Locomotionmodels? I'd prefer to order from them as it supports the NRM, but don't want to pay £160 at this stage!

On the other hand if there is simple revenue sharing between the three parties it won't matter when I buy from, and RoS will get my order (for KOYLI as preserved)

Can someone advise?

Is there a deopsit option from Locomotionmodels? I'd prefer to order from them as it supports the NRM, but don't want to pay £160 at this stage!

On the other hand if there is simple revenue sharing between the three parties it won't matter when I buy from, and RoS will get my order (for KOYLI as preserved)

Can someone advise?

The deposit is on Rails, it looks like the NRM are doing the same thing as they did with that HUO Hopper 3-pack, where Rails are taking the orders as D9009 is a Deltic Preaervation Society loco.

Can someone advise?

I wouldn’t get hung up about supporting the NRM they couldn’t give a stuff about their Deltic anyway, better to buy from Rails or the DPS.

I wouldn’t get hung up about supporting the NRM they couldn’t give a stuff about their Deltic anyway, better to buy from Rails or the DPS.

Where was it stated that Rails & DPS would both be selling these models. It loks more like Rails is partnered with the DPS & NRM to sell at least two preserved production variant Deltics and 4 other Deltics.

Where was it stated that Rails & DPS would both be selling these models. It loks more like Rails is partnered with the DPS & NRM to sell at least two preserved production variant Deltics and 4 other Deltics.

My understanding it is only Rails of Sheffield who will be selling the Preserved Class 55's on behalf of Accurascale/NRM/DPS, at the moment Rails are the only place you can get these.

Bit harsh isn't it? They have (after many years) allowed KOYLI to return to running condition and carried out significant body plating repairs prior to TTG repaint, although all quiet on recent outings. Has the second PU been fixed yet?

D9002 & 55002 are both listed on the locomotions website to order:

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/

Yes indeed but only 1 that depicts the preserved prototype over two different era's, must have come up today and missed it.

Rails will still sell all 6 on the list, unfortunately still no sound option available to order but hopefully that will change soon.

Bit harsh isn't it? They have (after many years) allowed KOYLI to return to running condition and carried out significant body plating repairs prior to TTG repaint, although all quiet on recent outings. Has the second PU been fixed yet?

The harsh comment was directed at the current nrm management and not those who allowed the hardworking volunteers to return 55002 to mainline running.

• RMweb Gold

Can we not keep away from hot words which serve no purpose whatsoever on this thread and which deflect constructive dialogue away from where it should be focussed....namely on the development and production of a new generation model of an iconic prototype?

You have a beef about the NRM ? Please take it elsewhere.

Yes indeed but only 1 that depicts the preserved prototype over two different era's, must have come up today and missed it.

Rails will still sell all 6 on the list, unfortunately still no sound option available to order but hopefully that will chang  

Just seeing that sound option not confirmed for the preservation models I canceled my pre-order. I'll just get a pre TOPS direct from Accurascale.

Just seeing that sound option not confirmed for the preservation models I canceled my pre-order. I'll just get a pre TOPS direct from Accurascale.

Yes only the DCC Ready option is available for the Preserved variants from Rails & Locomotion.

I don't get why these were excluded from having factory sound fitted, I would love to be enlightened to why that is???

• RMweb Gold

Yes only the DCC Ready option is available for the Preserved variants from Rails & Locomotion.

I don't get why these were excluded from having factory sound fitted, I would love to be enlightened to why that is???

Rails are providing DCC sound fitting for these Locos in house. You can contact them for more info and about fitting.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the info Fran, apologies I didn't know that.

Will Rails be fitting your sound pack?

Hi there,

No, they will be installing a different sound pack. We will be selling ours separately too if anyone wants to upgrade their DCC ready model, it will be plug and play, and with Rails providing their own sound solution you get a choice of which you want! 

Cheers!

Fran

Hi there,

No, they will be installing a different sound pack. We will be selling ours separately too if anyone wants to upgrade their DCC ready model, it will be plug and play, and with Rails providing their own sound solution you get a choice of which you want! 

Cheers!

Fran

I got a response when I asked to cancel my pre-order and Rails said "We can potentially fit sound on release, it will be either Legoman sound or ESU loksound we would use." Hardly a definitive response, I responded by saying I would only proceed if the sound was same spec as Accurascale sound fitted models, no response yet...

After having a chat with the guys on the Accurascale stand at Warley and chatting about the sound and placement of speakers I was confident enough to order 2 locos from them with sound,

I also want to order 55 015 from Rails with sound.

As I undrestand Accurscale will be offering a sound pack to order separately which I can fit myself so would not be a problem.

If Rails do offer Legoman's sound then I wouldn't hesitate getting that sound fitted as I have several of his Deltic sound locos and they are really good probably the best out there in my opinion.

Regards Baz

Edited by bazil31

After having a chat with the guys on the Accurascale stand at Warley and chatting about the sound and placement of speakers I was confident enough to order 2 locos from them with sound,

I also want to order 55 015 from Rails with sound.

As I undrestand Accurscale will be offering a sound pack to order separately which I can fit myself so would not be a problem.

If Rails do offer Legoman's sound then I wouldn't hesitate getting that sound fitted as I have several of his Deltic sound locos and they are really good probably the best out there in my opinion.

Regards Baz

Legomanbiffo Team are involved with the Rails of Sheffield sound versions, but ESU are doing all new recordings for the Accurascale models, using some good ESU speakers we are told.

Really looking forward to the 'Better 21st Century' Deltic.

Charlie

• Like 1

I got a response when I asked to cancel my pre-order and Rails said "We can potentially fit sound on release, it will be either Legoman sound or ESU loksound we would use." Hardly a definitive response, I responded by saying I would only proceed if the sound was same spec as Accurascale sound fitted models, no response yet...

Rails will be fitting Legomanbiffo Sounds if you request them too as we supply them with our range of sounds when customers request this.  Charlie 'Legomanbiffo'

• RMweb Premium

Rails will be fitting Legomanbiffo Sounds if you request them too as we supply them with our range of sounds when customers request this.  Charlie 'Legomanbiffo'

And are the dog's gonads with regard to Deltic sounds!

ESU have a very hard act to follow........

Edited by Gary H