DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

31 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Green ones now shown on Facebook. 

FE9937FD-A956-42AC-AACF-9C5766E93650.jpeg

D952F4CB-4310-40BF-AD9F-40451747965E.jpeg

Yes and these pictures are also on the main Accuascale Deltic thread, and do not refer to the retailer-commissioned models

@Accurascale Fran any chance of some pics of the DPS/Rails/Locomotion body shells (I presume just shells only rather than complete samples)?

The High Intensity Headlight is one tooling variation that we have not seen in the flesh yet....

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Having just visited the Rails website (unless I've gone blind) all the Deltics have been removed! This could well be because they've arrived into stock & new photos are being taken. I had a look some time last week & all were present maybe the dispatch is imminent. 

16 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Having just visited the Rails website (unless I've gone blind) all the Deltics have been removed! This could well be because they've arrived into stock & new photos are being taken. I had a look some time last week & all were present maybe the dispatch is imminent. 

I hope so. Their quick tunraround is my only chance of enjoying mine before mid July. :-s

i was a quite early order so hoping in first days dispatch...

However it could just be that their entire allocation is sold out and they have just tidied up those pages on their website. Why take pictures of a sold out model? Unlike Hattons rails dont leave up their pages for discontinued products. 

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Could also mean they've sold all their allocation (didn't see the above post!)

Edited by Graham108
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

Could also mean they've sold all their allocation (didn't see the above post!)

Then again, some of them have been sold out for months (i.e. unable to pre-order) yet they have still been up on the site.... Given there will almost certainly be some sales that cannot be completed, it does seem strange to remove the pages before having actually dispatched the last one (and had time for any defective returns, before hopefully selling whatever stock they have held back for replacements)

But this is all speculation

• RMweb Gold

Apologies as I may well have asked this before, would I be right in thinking that the DPS release of D9002 in green small yellow end would be in a suitable condition to renumber as D9000 in 1998/99 condition (accepting that I may have to change OHLE flashes as well as the)

getting seriously tempted

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Apologies as I may well have asked this before, would I be right in thinking that the DPS release of D9002 in green small yellow end would be in a suitable condition to renumber as D9000 in 1998/99 condition (accepting that I may have to change OHLE flashes as well as the)

getting seriously tempted

D9000 is unique around the step in the middle of the nose.

Roy

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

D9000 is unique around the step in the middle of the nose.

Roy

Thanks, I did have a feeling that there was something different about it.  As I would think a preserved d9000 is a fairly obvious shout for a second batch, I think I will hold fire for now.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Thanks, I did have a feeling that there was something different about it.  As I would think a preserved d9000 is a fairly obvious shout for a second batch, I think I will hold fire for now.

I would agree. Except which condition? Late 90s/early 2000 ttg or mid 2000s to present br blue? My preference would be green (people could run with vxc mk2s) esp as already done her in 1980s blue. But can understand logic of doing her in current condition.

In all honesty i would take either!

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

I would agree. Except which condition? Late 90s/early 2000 ttg or mid 2000s to present br blue? My preference would be green (people could run with vxc mk2s) esp as already done her in 1980s blue. But can understand logic of doing her in current condition.

In all honesty i would take either!

Deltic 22's current condition is in the middle of overhaul at Locomotive Services in Crewe. Prior to that it had been disguised as 55018, 55007 and 55003. 

I strongly suspect before returning the locomotive will be repainted again before its return, hopefully later this year. Pure speculation, but I would put good money on that being in Green as D9000 again. 

Bruce 

1 hour ago, D400 said:

Deltic 22's current condition is in the middle of overhaul at Locomotive Services in Crewe. Prior to that it had been disguised as 55018, 55007 and 55003. 

I strongly suspect before returning the locomotive will be repainted again before its return, hopefully later this year. Pure speculation, but I would put good money on that being in Green as D9000 again. 

Bruce 

that would be nice, given that 9 and 19 are both in Blue, and 2 isn't go anywhere soon.

I guess whatever LSL turn it out as, will strongly determine any future AS release. It will either be 2005 to present, or 1997-2004 and 2022-present (assuming any modern repaint will look no different to its early 2000s guise.

"they’ve been checked and broken out onto a dedicated container which will be sent Monday"

copy and paste from the other thread - a response from  Accurascale to a question about when Rails and Locomotion will receive their allocation of Deltics .  So will be a few days yet before either organisation will be despatching orders .

• Like 1

Response from Rails today  when I asked when the Deltics might be despatched

"There has been a slight delay with transport, we are hoping any day now they will be with us and dispatch will commence asap. Sorry for the delay"

3 hours ago, Gopher said:

Response from Rails today  when I asked when the Deltics might be despatched

"There has been a slight delay with transport, we are hoping any day now they will be with us and dispatch will commence asap. Sorry for the delay"

very happy to charge the credit card though with no response or either an email. Poor in my opinion.

• RMweb Gold

To be very fair to Rails, this has been a learning experience on our end, and we're shipping almost a full container load onto the super patient guys and girls in Sheffield! It has taken longer than we expected (and communicated) to get them all counted, checked, and rechecked, for onward, and to add insult, the carrier truck was too small!! To pick them up as planned leading to a small extra delay. So please don't hold Rails / Locomotion or the DPS responsible for the little extra delay, we promise your patience will be rewarded!

To help clarify / shed some light on the scale, here are just the DCC ready KOYLI's getting loaded up! 

image (1).png

Edited by McC
(added a photo)
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
On 20/06/2022 at 16:23, Suzy Sulzer said:

Still no word from Locomotion models about dispatch of models , has anybody got any ideas as to when the model will be dispatched ? 

As I have already posted - in a message to me several days ago their (LM’s) originally intended shipping date was w/c 27th June and onwards (I.e., from Monday next week). I believe from other posts about the Deltic that may now be slightly delayed as shipping and sorting to Shildon has taken longer than expected.

hope this helps.

Edited by john new
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

To be very fair to Rails, this has been a learning experience on our end, and we're shipping almost a full container load onto the super patient guys and girls in Sheffield! It has taken longer than we expected (and communicated) to get them all counted, checked, and rechecked, for onward, and to add insult, the carrier truck was too small!! To pick them up as planned leading to a small extra delay. So please don't hold Rails / Locomotion or the DPS responsible for the little extra delay, we promise your patience will be rewarded!

To help clarify / shed some light on the scale, here are just the DCC ready KOYLI's getting loaded up! 

image (1).png

My KOYLI's there ..... somewhere !!!!

Getting closer!

Al.

• Like 2