DELTIC MODELS TO BE PRODUCED FOR LOCOMOTIONMODELS, RAILS LIMITED AND DELTIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY

For people waiting for a response from DPS which email address/method have you used? There is a gmail address for Darrell Marsh at the bottom of the order confirmation email, and I emailed Darrell on that a few times and always got a really quick response - worth a try with this email if you haven't tried that method yet.
It took a while for my order to get dispatched but had it a few weeks now, and sympathise for anybody still waiting :-(

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2022 at 11:44, Kraken said:

For people waiting for a response from DPS which email address/method have you used? There is a gmail address for Darrell Marsh at the bottom of the order confirmation email, and I emailed Darrell on that a few times and always got a really quick response - worth a try with this email if you haven't tried that method yet.
It took a while for my order to get dispatched but had it a few weeks now, and sympathise for anybody still waiting :-(

Ive emailed Darrell, tried phoning, emailed via the enquiry form on the website. I dont mind waiting but a sime assurance that they are still working througj dispatch and expect to be finished in x weeks would be helpful.

Im not only concerned at risk of not getting the model but also the fact i did a paypal transfer to comete payment and no idea if/how this can be recovered.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Ive emailed Darrell, tried phoning, emailed via the enquiry form on the website. I dont mind waiting but a sime assurance that they are still working througj dispatch and expect to be finished in x weeks would be helpful.

Im not only concerned at risk of not getting the model but also the fact i did a paypal transfer to comete payment and no idea if/how this can be 

Certainly Mr Marsh is a very busy person with work, Deltic commitments etc..  He may even be on holiday......

• 2 weeks later...

I see from DPS Facebook photos that they have AS Deltics for sale on their coach compartment at the GWSR. Relieved they still have stock (which hopefully they can supply to me), but frustrated that STILL I have not received my pre-ordered model of D9009, nor a reply to the emails (and phone calls) that I have made... even a 'we are working through our outstanding orders'.... 

Really not sure what to do at this stage. Never been in this situation with a retailer before...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I see from DPS Facebook photos that they have AS Deltics for sale on their coach compartment at the GWSR. Relieved they still have stock (which hopefully they can supply to me), but frustrated that STILL I have not received my pre-ordered model of D9009, nor a reply to the emails (and phone calls) that I have made... even a 'we are working through our outstanding orders'.... 

Really not sure what to do at this stage. Never been in this situation with a retailer before...

Have you posted on the DPS facebook page?

18 hours ago, meatloaf said:

I also messaged to see if there was any available to buy and theyve come back to me saying they have D9009 available for £200.

Sound fitted (cheap)? or not-fitted (expensive - indeed 20% above RRP)....

Either way, doesn't help those who have already paid and are still waiting for our models....!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Either way, doesn't help those who have already paid and are still waiting for our models....!

Reading your issues on getting sorted im just glad i went with Rails for number 9. theres no excuse for them not having this sorted by now,the sales help them run the real things so i would have thought it was in there interest to get those who pay done asap.Hope you get a good outcome after all this time.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Im assuming its the dcc ready, however they never replied when i asked if i could collect it and pay when i get there.

The main reason i mentioned it is becasue i got a reply so they are reading the messages so hopefully you get a reply as well

Edited by meatloaf

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, AshleyH said:

Yes, but the big deal for me is my order for one at £165 has still not been fulfilled, and I suspect that it never will be.

And I know that applies to others on here as well.

If you have paid for it you should have no issue,if you paid by credit card get them involved as they will return your money??

13 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well they still have stock of number 9 as there was a couple on the stall at Barrow Hill yesterday,as has been said at £200 but its all to make money to repair the real things so of no big deal.

IMG_1056.JPG

Is this a shop or a show or can you just turn up and buy one?  They never replied to me when i asked of i could go down to collect and pay cash

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Is this a shop or a show or can you just turn up and buy one?  They never replied to me when i asked of i could go down to collect and pay cash

It was at Barrow Hill roundhouse on the weekend,its where they work and keep the real items,just noticed they have stock to sell so no idea why some have not got their models by now.

So to update on here regarding my DPS woes. I was finally contacted. They appear to have oversold sound fitted D9009, so I was offered a non-sound model and the sound gear (hopefully with bass speaker) when this becomes available.

Obviously I will struggle with the chains (have the PVA at the ready as it's the one glue that won't mess anything up if it spills). Not ideal, and I thought this might be the outcome given the popularity of the model, the silence thus far, and the relatively late pre-order on my part (Nov last year).

Anyway, looks like I have a solution. To anyone else still waiting hope you get a resolution in a relatively satisfactory way, but if you are still waiting for a sound model, be prepared to have to do a DIY installation in due course!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

So to update on here regarding my DPS woes. I was finally contacted. They appear to have oversold sound fitted D9009, so I was offered a non-sound model and the sound gear (hopefully with bass speaker) when this becomes available.

Obviously I will struggle with the chains (have the PVA at the ready as it's the one glue that won't mess anything up if it spills). Not ideal, and I thought this might be the outcome given the popularity of the model, the silence thus far, and the relatively late pre-order on my part (Nov last year).

Anyway, looks like I have a solution. To anyone else still waiting hope you get a resolution in a relatively satisfactory way, but if you are still waiting for a sound model, be prepared to have to do a DIY installation in due course!

Sorry to hear that G-BOAF, as definitely a full allocation was provided. If you wish to contact us directly, we'd be happy to install the sound gear for you with no charge for install.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Sorry to hear that G-BOAF, as definitely a full allocation was provided. If you wish to contact us directly, we'd be happy to install the sound gear for you with no charge for install.

Customer service at its best

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, McC said:

Thanks..already in touch with Fran on the issue. At this point i trust myself more than i do sending the loco back and forward in post!

• Friendly/supportive 1